Zags' Star Wars mascot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zags' Star Wars mascot?

Have you guys seen this Admiral Ackbar mascot stuff for Ole Miss? Can’t miss it if you’ve been to espn.com in the last couple days.

In case you haven’t - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx0pTIDb-r0 (and damn isn’t the girl in those first few seconds smokin…?)

Begs the question: Which Star Wars character would make the perfect mascot for the Zags? Not that we’re at all needing in the mascot department with Spike, but it’s fun to think about nonetheless.

My vote is for Wicket the Ewok. The Ewoks are the warm and fuzzy badasses of the Star Wars universe and the Zags embody that in college bball. Plus the whole underdog, David VS Goliath archetype is there as well.

Chewie would fun too but The Oklahoma City Sonics, I mean Thunder, already took him.

Pretty sure the Zags already had the 1st Star Wars Mascot.
    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Ewok = Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Anything but an Ewok! They're worse than Jar Jar Binks!

My vote:

Bounty Hunters. The Zags bring 'em back, dead or alive.

The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
        Pretty sure the Zags already had the 1st Star Wars Mascot.
        I like to post this every few months.
        “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Chewebacca has Zag hair.

I chose Chewie.
          I miss Mike Hart

Comment

To borrow from the esteemed Mel Brooks, "Ewoks, We don't need no stinkin' Ewoks!"

Comment

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Darth can't be taken. Kentucky already claimed him.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAppleZag View Post
                  LOL
                  The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

too easy

How about the Star Wars character who was played by an actual Zag?

Comment

I'm going for yoda. We're distinguished, wise, small in size but big on talent. Our skills are unmatched, but somehow nobody huge we fight when it really matters ends up in victory.
                      Krozman
                      GU student 1996-2000
                      Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

Originally posted by ZAGduck View Post
                        How about the Star Wars character who was played by an actual Zag?
                        Wookies as the Zags mascot are a no brainer. As noted by others:

-There was an actual wookie played by a zag.
                        -They are all 7 feet tall.
                        -They all have Zag hair.

Case closed. Screw the OKC Thunder.

By the way, if you follow the Axel Dench link on that page you get the following:

Axel Dench played Merumeru in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. Also in his career he has starred in films such as Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Flight of the Navigator, Twins and hit TV series Grange Hill
                        Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by BigAppleZag View Post
                          And Calipari would be:

GU Class of '07

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan07 View Post
                            And Calipari would be:

OOPS! You accidentally posted a picture of Samhan.
                            Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                              OOPS! You accidentally posted a picture of Samhan.

Bravo woohoo.
                              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Working...
                              X