• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bogozags
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by daskim View Post

His father certainly takes that title. No argument from me on that. Joins a long history of some athletes, many of them great, that are deprived of being just kids by one or both parents.
    I can't remember names but that QB out of Auburn, where his father got money ($100k) for going to AU instead of UA and then the BBall player that signed with UL, was declared ineligible after it was found out that his father took money and then the kid transferred to South Carolina but never played and then went to China...I wonder if he is in the league or overseas...just know he never played a season in college...I'm sure there are many other examples...

I'm not sure if these fathers are trying to do better for their kids or just looking at dollars...the trend seems to be looking at money...short term win...

IF the car belonged to Bates or his family I wonder if he will be charged, being a D1 athlete...in most cases they get a "slap on their wrist"...

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Bates should have went to Michigan State. Izzo would have stepped in and told the police that players in his program are allowed to carry guns. Izzo would then tried to get the policeman fired.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
        Bates should have went to Michigan State. Izzo would have stepped in and told the police that players in his program are allowed to carry guns. Izzo would then tried to get the policeman fired.
        Perfect, and amid crocodile tears.

Comment

Working...
        X