Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you happy with 5-1?

I sure am.

They took #7 to double OT. If that was today's game, everyone would be pumped at 5-1.

Today was tough for me. We lose leads like that too much but we won. Life goes on.

5-1 I'm damn happy.

I’d prefer 6-0 but the loss wasn’t a “bad” loss. I feel very good about this team and am confident they will only keep getting better.

Comment

If not for a missed ft, we're 6-0. I'm pleased with our record right now. Our only loss thus far is the very definition of a "good" loss.

Comment

no

Comment

Yes, when you think how young we are and how much we will improve.

Comment

If we were 6-0 tomorrow morning, that would mean we beat Duke, which would be worthy of a parade. Therefore I am not particularly happy with 5-1. The Nova game looms large if GU wants to enter and remain in the Top 10 until the Tournament. In past years I have referred to the WCC as the three-legged dog of college basketball, but based on St. Mary's performance against the Cougs, perhaps this year the WCC will be the two-legged dog of college basketball. Not a lot of opportunities for GU to impress those East Coast sports writers between December 5 and March 25.

Go Bulldogs!
            Do not go gentle into that good night,
            Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
            Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

Feel better about our 5-1 than Saint Marys 5-1.

Comment

We're lucky to be 5-1 ! It could have been different ! Think how you would feel if we ended the PK 4-2. I'm giving thanks

Comment

Yes, very!

Enjoying the ride.
                  Birds aren’t real.

Comment

I'm happy, more or less.

Williams didn't have it this game and Tillie was in foul trouble seemingly all day. Melson was off. This is a game where some of the young guys stepped up. Kispert had some big plays. Rui had what I would consider a breakout game. Norvell had that charge but otherwise didn't look too bad. I think this team probably learned a lot this weekend.

I'm discouraged most by the turnovers. It seemed like quite a few were offensive fouls that gave the ball back. On top of that, JW3 looked like he was trying to be extra quick to counter the length of Bamba and was going too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                      If not for a missed ft, we're 6-0. I'm pleased with our record right now. Our only loss thus far is the very definition of a "good" loss.
                      We would still be 5 -1 because the Zags we saw this morning would not have beaten Duke
                      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Another way to look at it is, at the start of the season, would you have been happy to be 5-1 after the PK80 tournament? If the answer is yes then that is what it should be.

Obviously for lack of a made free throw or a desperation 3 we could have been 6-0 (if we had beaten Duke) or 5-1 with a win against #7 Florida and a lost against #1 Duke.

We have good wins against Ohio State and Texas and a good loss (if their is such a thing) against #7 Florida and additional chances to improve our resume against Creighton and Villanova in the next couple of weeks.

It may not be sunny in Spokane today, but there certainly is more sun than clouds and no chance of rain.

Lots to work on in the next couple of weeks gentlemen.

ZagDad

Comment

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                          We would still be 5 -1 because the Zags we saw this morning would not have beaten Duke
                          I would have liked to see them try....but even...

5-1 with a win over Florida and a loss to Duke is immeasurable better than a lost to Florida and wins over Ohio State and Texas that I don't think will finish in the top half of their leagues ...

Comment

speaking of playing Duke.

Did anyone watch 'em vs Texas?

Bilas pointed out how poor of a defensive team they are right now. I agree. They have size but lost on the court, save their guards.

Their plethora of 5* frosh will come around, but they give open shot after open shot.

The Duke rotations aren't even remotely close how we operate as a team. Gonzaga is a much better team defensively.

Now, not saying we could hang with them as they have so much size, depth, weapons at every position, yet unless they shore up their D tonight, or Florida is off.

Gators could roll them. By 10+.

We held a 5 or 6pt lead vs Florida for 37 minutes, and even with a hand in the face, they were dropping 3's like crazy.

If they continue that trend, they will oust the Dukies.

I still can't believe Florida returns post prospects soon. That scary 6'11", 265lb beast of a man, Egbuano(sp?), and their starting PF, 6'9" 220lb in the next month or so.

I sincerely feel Florida is a Top-3 team, with Kansas, Duke, Nova, MSU, etc. in "that" group.

Comment

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                              I really don't think that those would be the Zags who showed up against Duke, though.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
                              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Working...
                              X