• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Clarke, one of 15 impact transfers

I didn't see this posted anywhere, if it was, my apologies:

Brandon Clarke, Gonzaga Bulldogs
    Previous team: San Jose State
    If all goes according to plan, Clarke could slide in alongside Rui Hachimura and Killian Tillie to form the latest in a long line of strong Gonzaga front lines. The 6-8 forward turned heads with a breakout sophomore season at San Jose State in 2016-17, one in which he led the Spartans in scoring, crashed the glass, blocked shots and even dished assists.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ncy-shaping-up

I didn’t realize that the Gaels were losing this guy.

Evan Fitzner, Indiana Hoosiers
    Previous team: Saint Mary's
    A two-year starter in Moraga, Fitzner chose to go the graduate transfer route for his final season after being relegated to a reserve role for most of 2017-18. At 6-10, he's a career 41 percent 3-point shooter (with an average of about three attempts per game) who holds his own on the defensive glass.
    “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
      yeah, I posted about him in the transfer thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
        I didn't realize it either (as I don't read every post in every thread on this board ... and also I wouldn't have seen it as I didn't open the link ... so thanks for bringing it up).
        sigpic
        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
        ——-
        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

It will be very hard to replace JWIII, yet we might have the perfect guy to do it. Not quite as tall, but maybe a little different game. We might be underestimating what he brings in all our excitement about Tillie and Rui.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
            It will be very hard to replace JWIII, yet we might have the perfect guy to do it. Not quite as tall, but maybe a little different game. We might be underestimating what he brings in all our excitement about Tillie and Rui.
            I am one fan who does not underestimate Cook. I remember when he signed with us, and watched his videos. I'm going to really enjoy watching him play.
            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

Cook???

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                I am one fan who does not underestimate Cook. I remember when he signed with us, and watched his videos. I'm going to really enjoy watching him play.
                Cook, Rivet....someone needs some ginkgo biloba. LOL

Comment

I think Reborn means Clarke. Glad he's coming. Skilled frontline. It not a big one. I hope Larsen and Petrusev are ready . I'm thinking we'll need both at times.

Comment

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                    I think Reborn means Clarke. Glad he's coming. Skilled frontline. It not a big one. I hope Larsen and Petrusev are ready . I'm thinking we'll need both at times.
                    I've only seen Petrusev play two games, but he is very skilled and talented. My only concern is that he seems a little like Tillie in the fact that he can turn it off and on, a constant high energy motor would benefit him greatly. But a front line of Tillie, Clarke, Larsen and Petrusev has a chance to be the best frontline in the nation next year.

Comment

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                      Thanks MDAbe. I appreciate your sympathy for the aged. some of these guys have no pity and are just waiting for me to make a mistake so they can try to hurt my feelings. bus as you know I could punch back at these junior high kids but I've given up on these "fake" fans a long time ago. I don't mind them being here, or trying to act so touch and arrogant, because everyone knows what they really are.
                      Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                        Thanks MDAbe. I appreciate your sympathy for the aged. some of these guys have no pity and are just waiting for me to make a mistake so they can try to hurt my feelings. bus as you know I could punch back at these junior high kids but I've given up on these "fake" fans a long time ago. I don't mind them being here, or trying to act so touch and arrogant, because everyone knows what they really are.
                        I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings, I was just giving you some good-natured ribbing. I like to laugh at myself and I make the false assumption that others do as well, and my wife scolds me about that often. I apologize for not being sensitive enough. We're all in this together as Zag fans. As for the rest of your post I honestly didn't understand a word of it.

Comment

Spy..a word.: not every post from others deserves/requires a comment. Sometimes it's best to smile and leave your hands folded on the desk. Best wishes.

Comment

For those who have seen him play, is he an "above the rim" guy like Rui and Tillie? IOW - Hops?
                            Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                            Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                              For those who have seen him play, is he an "above the rim" guy like Rui and Tillie? IOW - Hops?
                              Didn't he win the dunk contest at Kraziness this year? I think he could have the most hops on the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X