OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: NCAA TOURNEY, NATIONAL TITLE GAME, MONDAY, APRIL 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Birddog View Post
    Did I just watch 45 mins of NCAA Tournament basketball without seeing a single fast break basket?
    You saw history. CBS was claiming that no one has even won a national title while playing at the pace these two teams play at and certainly played at during this game. I don't know how they can gauge that. I suppose Pomeroy, but he's only been in the biz for so many years, and we've only had a shot clock for so many years..........

Comment

• LOVE TONY!

Comment

• can't believe Zag fans have nothing to say on this forum..

Comment

• This game also showed how crucial Hunter was to UVA's operation last year. Granted they had zero business losing to UMBC in the 1st round. And not only losing, but being destroyed.

Comment

• Tony is all class, and it would have been great if he could've stayed at WSU forever. But he knew there were better horizons.

Comment

• So glad for Tony and Virginia. It was a great game to watch.
              “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                can't believe Zag fans have nothing to say on this forum..
                Why ? Looks like a lot of folks participated in this thread. . .

And why should Zag fans give a rip ?
                Zags stopped dancing last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                  can't believe Zag fans have nothing to say on this forum..
                  Me and you both. Appalling actually. Rather talk about shoulda been here.

Comment

• And please let this be a warning to kids all over. When you are the stud of the team, and a projected lottery selection, you do not pull up, Steph Curry-style, for a contested long range jumper when all your team needs to win a basketball game is a single point. There are too many college basketball players, or for that matter, high school players, who are not understanding that a 23 foot jumper is a lower percentage shot than taking it to the rim where you can not only score, but create easy shots for your teammates, and also give your teammates a better chance at an offensive rebound. You can also get fouled. I hate to say it, but Culver ended up on a "what not to do" highlight reel while the possession before he showed what you should do.
                    Last edited by CDC84; 04-08-2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alum08 View Post
                      That game was reffed beautifully. Would've loved to have had those refs in 2017.
                      Or in the 2019 E8.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                        Me and you both. Appalling actually. Rather talk about shoulda been here.

I’m happy for TB and his players. Congrats to them. Great game.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ777 View Post
                          I’m happy for TB and his players. Congrats to them. Great game.
                          Exactly
                          Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

• And just think Virginia won 2 games in OT (Elite 8 & Championship), and their Final 4 semi game by 1pt on a miraculous type finish...not to mention a 4pt game vs Oregon in S16.

To win the Championship so much must work in your favor. Coaching in crunch time and final minutes huge...which Coach Few still perfecting

Comment

• yes, I am happy for him and his father......

Comment

• Beard says good future fathers in that locker room.......NICE comment...never heard that before

Comment

Working...
                                X