Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ultimate Youtube Gonzaga Highlight Playlist

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Ultimate Youtube Gonzaga Highlight Playlist

    Throughout the years one of my obsessive fan routines has been attempting to collect all of the Gonzaga Men's Basketball game highlight videos on a Youtube playlist. Youtube didn't exist or hasn't been as widely used during our entire 20 year run but highlights do go back about a decade with some older games sprinkled in from all the way back to 1999.


    Here's a LINK to the playlist.

    Remember to sort by Date Published (oldest) if you want to see them in order (sort of). The old stuff is often uploaded randomly and isn't always highlights but sometimes full games.

    Enjoy
    Last edited by hockeyzag; 01-07-2020, 05:51 PM.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

  • #2
    Just took a scroll through the amazingly long list. Thank you! Some great old school highlights in there as well

    Comment


    • #3
      Amazing work.


      Does anyone have a digital copy of the Gonzaga-Utah underdog (get it?) win in the 2016 NCAA tournament? It was Sabonis and E-Mac and Wiltjer's last win as Zags.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hockeyzag View Post
        The old stuff is often uploaded randomly and isn't always highlights but sometimes full games.

        Enjoy
        Yeah .... I had taped a lot of the early games and DarkZagRisingv(Zags Greatest Hits) uploaded them. I had also made a copy of each game for the Alumni office, which promptly lost them.

        Thanks for this consolidation, HZ. Very much appreciated.
        sigpic
        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
        ——-
        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GoZags View Post
          Yeah .... I had taped a lot of the early games and DarkZagRisingv(Zags Greatest Hits) uploaded them. I had also made a copy of each game for the Alumni office, which promptly lost them.

          Thanks for this consolidation, HZ. Very much appreciated.
          Thanks to you as well. Yours are the only options to watch those games online.
          Last edited by hockeyzag; 01-08-2020, 01:11 PM.
          "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
          -Zach Norvell Jr.

          Comment


          • #6
            Its too bad they quit doing the end of season highlights. I used to love those and the quality of the editing was outstanding. the 2010 highlights not having sound anymore suck cause those were great. I also miss players like Wiltjer posting summer training vids or Travis Knight posting workout vids.

            Comment


            • #7
              I can't access YouTube from work, but I am SOOOOOOOOOO pumped to check this out at home. Thanks in advance for your work!!
              Allow myself to introduce....myself...

              Comment


              • #8
                A link to this collection will now be included with the Fresh Bunnies posts.
                .
                .
                .
                "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
                .
                "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
                .
                I am monitoring the price of a donut
                .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
                  Its too bad they quit doing the end of season highlights. I used to love those and the quality of the editing was outstanding. the 2010 highlights not having sound anymore suck cause those were great. I also miss players like Wiltjer posting summer training vids or Travis Knight posting workout vids.
                  The Pangos - era trick shot video was a Zag classic
                  The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

                  “They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                    The Pangos - era trick shot video was a Zag classic
                    You mean...this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcn3...n&index=4&t=0s
                    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                    -Zach Norvell Jr.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Couple of key things (my opinion) that weren't on the list. '00 10/2 Round of 32 game between Gonzaga and St. John's was a classic and every Zag fan should watch the 2 minute stretch from 30:00 to 32:00 on this link ... features one of my 2 favorite "Gus Johnson" Gonzaga moments .... "WHOAA !!! ..... YOUNG FELLA !!!!"
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny1aT9HxSz0

                      This one is '99 "Road to the Final Four" that features a TON of inside the Zag locker room during the epic start to this "cute little run" the Zags are on.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZO9j8RBOpg
                      sigpic
                      “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                      ——-
                      List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                      Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This fan's quick 35 second iPhone vid of Pangos breaking the 3

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                          Couple of key things (my opinion) that weren't on the list. '00 10/2 Round of 32 game between Gonzaga and St. John's was a classic and every Zag fan should watch the 2 minute stretch from 30:00 to 32:00 on this link ... features one of my 2 favorite "Gus Johnson" Gonzaga moments .... "WHOAA !!! ..... YOUNG FELLA !!!!"
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny1aT9HxSz0

                          This one is '99 "Road to the Final Four" that features a TON of inside the Zag locker room during the epic start to this "cute little run" the Zags are on.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZO9j8RBOpg
                          Thank you! I'll add both to the list.
                          "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                          -Zach Norvell Jr.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Zagger View Post
                            This fan's quick 35 second iPhone vid of Pangos breaking the 3

                            I was lucky and was at the game.

                            He showed a ton of patience. Every time he touched the ball the crowd was near screaming to shoot. He was almost more reluctant to shoot than normal.
                            Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                            Mark Twain.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by hockeyzag View Post


                              Thanks, hockey
                              The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

                              “They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X