No announcement yet.

@BYU : Post game thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad this was the Saturday game honestly. Gonzaga's players are gonna need some time to recover after getting mugged and hacked all night.

Comment

Originally posted by gueastcoast View Post
      IIRC, the last time we had a late season loss to BYU, we went to the national championship game.

The sun will come out tomorrow.
      Thanks east coast, I needed to hear that...but I still hate it when we lose to BYBOO

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
        C’mon, BYU was superior in every way. Give them credit. Childs was terrific. So was Haws. All but Tils, Gilder and maybe Drew stunk.
        Gilder wasn't so great in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
          That means he's only said it twice this year, so it's not like it's totally unfair.

BYU played way better than us.

Had we hit just 2-3 of those threes with 6:00 left, we probably win.

Few didn't miss the 3s, and Few didn't let all the hacking go.
          But i didnt and dont every year. Some people love people too much to find any fault and would like to cast blame elsewhere. Im fair in my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Zags11 View Post
            Nope except Zags scored 78. We allowed 91 points and last 15 attempts BYU made 7 or 8 from three. I mean im sure Few didnt tell his players to double down in post and allow a open 3. Oh wait the players change but not Few.
            Except they made 16 points in paint and 15 from 3 line in second half
            Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

Nope except Zags scored 78. We allowed 91 points and last 15 attempts BYU made 7 or 8 from three. I mean im sure Few didnt tell his players to double down in post and allow a open 3. Oh wait the players change but not Few.
              Please just stop. C'mon man.

Sometimes you get beat by a good team having a better night and you can game plan forever.

It is not a huge deal and - IMO - it's going to help us in the long run. I doubt it drops us to a 2 seed, even if it does it's not a huge deal, and it shows the guys that they're beatable, not even all that hard.

So it's just not worth the anger, man. Few did a great job screaming his eyes out at the atrocity before him. Guys were missing assignments, Few's basically playing a 6 man rotation …
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

The players come and go, but Mark Few continues to win at the highest rate of any coach since John Wooden.
                “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                  Except they made 16 points in paint and 15 from 3 line in second half
                  Except back breaker down two was doubling down for a open 3. Again, you act like i always say it. I dont. If zags lost last game it would of been the offense cuz defense was great. We pulled it out.

Comment

Originally posted by jpn17 View Post
                    I'm glad this was the Saturday game honestly. Gonzaga's players are gonna need some time to recover after getting mugged and hacked all night.
                    Haws is lucky that GU recruits players with high integrity.

It would have been very easy to go for a block of his shot and drop an elbow on his collarbone.

My question was, on the push on Petrusev, was whether it was a flagrant two with ejection, or just a flagrant one. The no foul at all was egregious, and hopefully the Zags push to have those officials excluded from any further use...ever.
                    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

C’mon, BYU was superior in every way. Give them credit. Childs was terrific. So was Haws. All but Tils, Gilder and maybe Drew stunk.
                      This nothing wrong with tipping your hat to the other team.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
                        The players come and go, but Mark Few continues to win at the highest rate of any coach since John Wooden.
                        Yep and how much is because its the WCC? And i could say one final 4. What is your point besides trying to deflect blame on few? I said he is a hall of fame coach. I just dont always blame elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                          Please just stop. C'mon man.

Sometimes you get beat by a good team having a better night and you can game plan forever.

It is not a huge deal and - IMO - it's going to help us in the long run. I doubt it drops us to a 2 seed, even if it does it's not a huge deal, and it shows the guys that they're beatable, not even all that hard.

So it's just not worth the anger, man. Few did a great job screaming his eyes out at the atrocity before him. Guys were missing assignments, Few's basically playing a 6 man rotation …
                          You proved my point dixie. Im actually chill rn. I thought we would lose in BYU. It just sucks to watch doubling down and allowing open looks.

Im done debating. Its obvious Few is a God and perfect and it is the players.

Comment

Can’t go under screens on BYU, we did it all night.

Petrusev was pretty atrocious tonight. Our rebounding most of the game was bad. And Kispert couldn’t buy a three.

We made a good run near the end and ran out of gas.

That being said, BYU was nails. Good team with Childs. They can make it to the second weekend if they stroke it like that.

I really like their coach.

Comment

I respect how BYU shot. I respect the defense when they weren’t hacking. But, those fans who were throwing stuff at the court and our team at the end need to be put on a leash. BYU should not put up with it and our student section might take a reminder on what a feisty student section looks like. Don’t ever throw anything on the court ever. But our lame student section could take a lesson in fire and passion.

Comment

- had lots to get off my chest, but you know this pretty much sums it up.

- lets leave the coaching plan, byu fans, refs out of the equation, had zero nadda, nothing to do with the loss.

- hey but how about the 82.1% from the line!

Comment

Working...
                                X