No announcement yet.

Will Joel Ayayi be the 4th Zag on this team drafted into the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ayayi is becoming one of my favorite players on this team full of favorites. He is always where he needs to be.
    "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby

Comment

We’re all guessing so here’s mine.

Suggs - Lottery Pick
      Kispert - First round, mid twentieth pick
      Ayayi - Enters draft, hires agent, goes undrafted but signs a two way contract.
      Timme - Tests the waters but based on NBA feedback returns to school to bulk up and get more consistent with his outside shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
        We’re all guessing so here’s mine.

Suggs - Lottery Pick
        Kispert - First round, mid twentieth pick
        Ayayi - Enters draft, hires agent, goes undrafted but signs a two way contract.
        Timme - Tests the waters but based on NBA feedback returns to school to bulk up and get more consistent with his outside shooting.

I agree with all of the above and would add:

Timme gets drafted in the second round.
        Ballo gets drafted at the edge of the lottery.
        Nembhard goes undrafted and finds his way into the G-League.
        Holmgren is drafted with a top five pick.
        Sallis tests the waters and returns for another year.
        Cook tests the draft waters, but comes back for his fourth senior year.
        Grant Gibbs returns to GU as a graduate transfer under the NCAA’s extended COVID eligibility protocol.
        “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
          I agree with all of the above and would add:

Timme gets drafted in the second round.
          Ballo gets drafted at the edge of the lottery.
          Nembhard goes undrafted and finds his way into the G-League.
          Holmgren is drafted with a top five pick.
          Sallis tests the waters and returns for another year.
          Cook tests the draft waters, but comes back for his fourth senior year.
          Grant Gibbs returns to GU as a graduate transfer under the NCAA’s extended COVID eligibility protocol.
          Wish it was April 1st, I might be inoculated by now. Hilarious, MCMM. You had me until Ballo.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            Wish it was April 1st, I might be inoculated by now. Hilarious, MCMM. You had me until Ballo.

Now, he might be ready by th end of the 2022 season...I don't know what happened to the guy that dominated the u-18 finals...

you and I both felt before watching him play this season, that he was going to be the force in the paint...I thought for sure he would have advanced that by mid-season (if we even have one) would be starting over Watson...I just hope he keeps improving each week...

When it's mop-up-time, IMO we need to get him the ball when he posts up so he can work on offence...

Comment

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
              Now, he might be ready by th end of the 2022 season...I don't know what happened to the guy that dominated the u-18 finals...

you and I both felt before watching him play this season, that he was going to be the force in the paint...I thought for sure he would have advanced that by mid-season (if we even have one) would be starting over Watson...I just hope he keeps improving each week...

When it's mop-up-time, IMO we need to get him the ball when he posts up so he can work on offence...
              Love your optimism, but just don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post

The optimism regarding Ballo is through the roofs on this board. It is starting to be Bol Kong 2.0

First Shawn Kemp comparisons, then he is Baby Shaq, now he is a lottery pick in a year. Maybe my 30 years of basketball viewing, coaching, training pros, coaching college, playing college has made me blind to talent, but color me SHOCKED if he is a lottery pick by next year.

Comment

Suggs will be a top 3 pick. Top 5 for sure.

Kispert is a fringe lottery pick this year. His size and shooting ability are coveted. He is NBA ready from day 1.

Ayayi will be a fringe first rounder, early second rounder. I see Tyler Haliburton when i see him. Great frame for a pg, decent athleticism, and is a better shooter than he has shown this year.

Timme would be a late second rounder if he came out this year. I see him returning. If he doesnt, wish him well but do think it would be a mistake. Needs to improve his outside shot and get more muscular. Scouts will look at the WVU tape and see how physical big men made it tough on him.

AN wouldnt get drafted if he came out this year.

No one else would get drafted.

Comment

I'm amazed that so many posters aren't more enthusiastic about Joel: One could make a very credible argument that he's the best player on the team. (Not talking upside/potential, but today.) Stats are outstanding, and he certainly passes the eye test -- efficient, always moving, always in the right spot, always doing the little things, and he plays bigger than his size. Rebounding is almost Rodmanesque in terms of his ability to put himself in position on the boards. Having a guard out there who can also play like a "4" is a rarity and a luxury. Without him this would be a very different team. Hard to imagine there are thirty players in CBB better than he is.

Comment

Originally posted by PeninsulaDog View Post
                      I'm amazed that so many posters aren't more enthusiastic about Joel: One could make a very credible argument that he's the best player on the team. (Not talking upside/potential, but today.) Stats are outstanding, and he certainly passes the eye test -- efficient, always moving, always in the right spot, always doing the little things, and he plays bigger than his size. Rebounding is almost Rodmanesque in terms of his ability to put himself in position on the boards. Having a guard out there who can also play like a "4" is a rarity and a luxury. Without him this would be a very different team. Hard to imagine there are thirty players in CBB better than he is.
                      I do agree with you. I would be flabbergasted if he goes "undrafted" as some people guess.

With that said, CaldwellZag wrote an article published on SSF that mentions Sallis in the same back court next year as Ayayi and Nembhard, so maybe he has some inside info?

Comment

I said early last year that Joel reminds me most of Victor Oladipo. He has a complete game and will have a long career in the NBA. Doubt he will be back at GU next year, but would be really happy if he is.

Comment

Originally posted by PeninsulaDog View Post
                          Ayayi is potentially an all time great college player, emphasis on college.

The question in this thread, though, is NBA potential. In that conversation Ayayi has issues, IMHO. His athleticism will create problems for him at the next level and this is why I think he won’t be drafted.

None of this means I’m not amazed and impressed to my core by Ayayi.

Comment

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
                            Ayayi is potentially an all time great college player, emphasis on college.

The question in this thread, though, is NBA potential. In that conversation Ayayi has issues, IMHO. His athleticism will create problems for him at the next level and this is why I think he won’t be drafted.

None of this means I’m not amazed and impressed to my core by Ayayi.
                            6'5 pg who can rebound, handle and has a decent shooting ability who also has international experience? I'll bet you a beer on that.

Comment

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                              6'5 pg who can rebound, handle and has a decent shooting ability who also has international experience? I'll bet you a beer on that.
                              Ok, I’m saying not drafted and you’re saying he will get drafted? If those are the terms, you’re on.

Also, I’m not saying he won’t play in the NBA. I’m not even saying he won’t be successful in the NBA. I’m saying he’s not athletic enough for an NBA to draft him.

Comment

I can see Ayayi being drafted by Golden State, Grizzlies or Raptors.
                                Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

Working...
                                X