Elite 8: who do we want to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite 8: who do we want to play?

I'm conflicted because I want USC and Oregon to lose. Triple overtime would be cool though.

Man I don’t know. Ideally Oregon since they are lower numbers, but both are looking pretty... beatable, right now

Comment

USC zone has the Oregon offense stumped. They pass around the perimeter and then hoist a 3.

Comment

USC zone is tough.

Comment

Not USC.
          America's Team!

Comment

- i do not like oregon very very much, but still i 'was' pulling for them because usc is clearly the better team.
            - i do not see usc kicking away this halftime lead. they will probably end up beating oregon by 25 like they did earlier this year.

- coaching staff will (probably already have) brake out the usc v. colorado films. somehow colorado beat usc 3 times this year.

Comment

They way we beat USC is us controlling the pace like we have most of the year. We can't play in the hands of how they want to play. Play Gonzaga Ball and be confident. We're #1 for a reason.
              America's Team!

Comment

Originally posted by HenneZag View Post
                They way we beat USC is us controlling the pace like we have most of the year. We can't play in the hands of how they want to play. Play Gonzaga Ball and be confident. We're #1 for a reason.
                This seems spot on. According to Bart Torvik, we're 6th in tempo and USC is 233rd. Gotta speed up the game and make smart passes.

Comment

Originally posted by HenneZag View Post
                  Not USC.

Here's our game plan:

Comment

Looks like USC. Good bigs and they run. We can win this one. Could use another mobile big but we play like today and we’re FF bound. Tough game though.

Comment

Few will be happy with SC

Comment

SC looking scary. Tough D, 3 ball is falling, gonna be a tough matchup!

Comment

Gonna be a battle between teams with the number one 2pt% on O (GU) and the number one 2pt% on D. Along with the tempo differences this will be a game of contrast. Timme's gonna have to stand his ground on D and try to force Mobley to shoot away from the basket. Wonder if we'll see Ballo and/or Gregg a bit in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedster View Post
                            Gonna be a battle between teams with the number one 2pt% on O (GU) and the number one 2pt% on D. Along with the tempo differences this will be a game of contrast. Timme's gonna have to stand his ground on D and try to force Mobley to shoot away from the basket. Wonder if we'll see Ballo and/or Gregg a bit in this one.
                            Does Mobley shoot FTs well?

Use a bunch of bench and hack him with a double team? Hurt us offensively but maybe a way to keep Timme out of foul trouble.
                            Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                            Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by DZ View Post
                              Does Mobley shoot FTs well?

Use a bunch of bench and hack him with a double team? Hurt us offensively but maybe a way to keep Timme out of foul trouble.
                              Maintain our defensive philosophy...guard the 3, no help defense inside, we won't be beaten by 2 pointers, our offense is too good. Watson is really coming into his own, and Aaron off the bench disrupts the opponent's point guard. As a team, USC is shooting 34% from 3, a far cry from Baylor's pace.

So here's my question: what does USC do to slow us down, when nobody has really slowed us down all year? Have they encountered a team that moves the ball around like we do? Our offense destroys zone defenses.

Comment

Working...
                              X