The spinmeister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    And this is why I have tired of the nba. It’s not good basketball. It’s a bunch of ball hogs which the refs protect, allowing 30-50 pt games for certain personalities.

It’s exemplified on the Olympic stage.
    I won't even watch the NBA anymore. Every now and again to watch Zags but the NBA game imo is all about show boating. College game 100x better.
    America's Team!

Comment

Popovich is well-liked by his players (except those that want to be pampered), and definitely by the San Antonio community. He donates millions to charities, and is a proven winner. He does not suffer fools gladly, which often comes off as rude when he's asked a dumb question. I'm not an NBA fan either, but Pops is a decent guy.

Comment

Embarrassing effort and result. I’m not thinking they will win it all. My money on Australia Spain or Slovenia

Comment

I suspect they have not learned to play as a team.....but I would not bet against them....this game reminded me of Gonzaga's loss to Portland State....had the same over confident play....and then in crunch time some missed shots..... including free throws..... and fouls .....and turnovers........ and time ran out....and the much better team lost.....it happens...

Perhaps it all came to easy in the first period...

Comment

Originally posted by Zagal View Post
            Popovich is well-liked by his players (except those that want to be pampered), and definitely by the San Antonio community. He donates millions to charities, and is a proven winner. He does not suffer fools gladly, which often comes off as rude when he's asked a dumb question. I'm not an NBA fan either, but Pops is a decent guy.
            I agree. Popovich's answer was honest: "I don’t understand the word ‘surprised.’ That sort of disses the French team, as if we’re supposed to beat them by 30. That’s a hell of a team.”
            Europeans focus on team ball. The NBA is quite content nurturing theatrical super stars. The U.S. players will come around - let's hope they can do it before its too late.

I'm surprised at the number of negative comments on Pops - maybe its his politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
              I agree. Popovich's answer was honest: "I don’t understand the word ‘surprised.’ That sort of disses the French team, as if we’re supposed to beat them by 30. That’s a hell of a team.”
              Europeans focus on team ball. The NBA is quite content nurturing theatrical super stars. The U.S. players will come around - let's hope they can do it before its too late.

I'm surprised at the number of negative comments on Pops - maybe its his politics.
              Or maybe it’s the fact the United States of America who have won 24 straight games and used to pummel international competition by 50+ just lost to a team whose leading scorer is Evan Fournier after they were up 7 with 2 minutes left. After losing to Nigeria and Australia in the prelims.. but ya maybe politics…

Comment

You go ahead and hope all you want. Who cares. Pop was a jerk decades before his political views became known. Stevie has similar views and is justifiably and widely beloved.

Comment

He started being a boor well before COVID and the Howard Hughes hairdo. I’m glad he’s liked in San Antonio. It’s undeniable that he’s a very good coach, in my opinion. I’m sure he’s nice when he wants to be. It’s the persons that are nice when they don’t want to be that I admire. I don’t wish him ill will, though.

Comment

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                    True enough, still plenty of talent on the US team.
                    The talent that formed the Dream Team was apparently a group that, to a man, was honored to play “basketball” for their country, at least as far as I remember. Times and player priorities appear to have changed. I’m not interested any more.

Comment

My feelings are that we've sent a lot of entitled brats (there are exceptions to that absolutely) over to "represent" our country. I've checked out. Not watching.

Comment

Originally posted by zagbeliever View Post
                        My feelings are that we've sent a lot of entitled brats (there are exceptions to that absolutely) over to "represent" our country. I've checked out. Not watching.
                        I just hope the Spurs don't draft Corey.

Comment

The USA team's problem is that they need an alpha dog to lead them on the court. And I mean someone that takes over and makes everyone accept their roles. It's not Durant. He's a wuss. Great player, but a wuss. Lillard and Booker are both exceptionally talented scorers, but Booker is way too quiet and Lillard hasn't shown he can corral that much talent and direct players on the court. Draymond is closest to being the alpha, but he's essentially a role player on this squad as opposed to his leadership role on the Warriors. For whatever reason, Tatum hasn't demanded the respect for his game that he deserves.

Until someone steps up and says I'm the guy that is gonna carry us with 20 point efforts game after game, they will struggle.

And yes, Pop is an extremely rude person to people that are just trying to do their job. He could have answered the question making nearly the exact same points with a lot less snark. But, he didn't. Because he is a condescending jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                            You go ahead and hope all you want. Who cares. Pop was a jerk decades before his political views became known. Stevie has similar views and is justifiably and widely beloved.
                            I am always am amazed by people who name call rather than articulate an intelligent response. My mother always said it's a good indicator of intelligence.

Comment

I am always am amazed by people who name call rather than articulate an intelligent response. My mother always said it's a good indicator of intelligence.
                              Passive aggressive is even worse.

Comment

Pops does not suffer fools......... and even more important..... liars............and there is no shortage of them where he is.....he is my new best friend.....

Comment

Working...
                                X