Money talks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money talks

Penny breaks the bank, signs Emoni. For now.

Was Gonzaga recruiting him?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably new normal

Comment

Duren ( number 4 recruit) signed for Memphis on 8/6/21. Two good bigs in the stable but Chet and Emoni went head to head a few months ago and Bates was a distant second. Giving and Barcello are just aching to challenge the Zags for no. Ranking. For me, I love our team and given a few months to gel, our Zags will beat anybody and do it with authority no matter who pays or doesn’t pay for talent. The one thing we always depend on, Few does things the right way and without suspicion of money or wrongdoing. A shining example.

Comment

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
          Duren ( number 4 recruit) signed for Memphis on 8/6/21. Two good bigs in the stable but Chet and Emoni went head to head a few months ago and Bates was a distant second. Giving and Barcello are just aching to challenge the Zags for no. Ranking. For me, I love our team and given a few months to gel, our Zags will beat anybody and do it with authority no matter who pays or doesn’t pay for talent. The one thing we always depend on, Few does things the right way and without suspicion of money or wrongdoing. A shining example.

+1
          You couldn't have said it any better!!!

Comment

Besides whatever dark cash Penny may still be dishing out, the NIL income in one year alone for both Duren and Bates is estimated to top one million. No report on whether he’s hired family members yet. The new Sean Miller.

Comment

All it takes is a few big donors now who own their own business and want to get a highly rated recruit “sponsored”…

Gu will be doing the same or they’ll be left be behind.

As for Memphis- I’m not worried. They were crap when they had wiseman and 3 other 5 stars. Penny can’t coach

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with this. Paying kids what they are worth is fine by me. I hope Gonzaga is able to drum up the cash to remain competitive with the top recruits.
                Bring back the OCC

Comment

That would be like pro sports before the salary cap on steroids. No thanks.

Comment

sucks but it is the new reality. I guarantee that GU is already planning out as part of their recruiting pitches to players how they can achieve x amount of dollars by coming to GU through NIL incentives. Have to. Otherwise, there are very few top recruits that will come to GU as opposed to making 300k-1million in one year to play on another powerhouse college team.

Comment

Could have been the attraction that Sheed brought to the table also that got him to sign.

https://hoopdirt.com/official-rashee...ch-at-memphis/

Comment

Emoney might be elsewhere by Halloween. Btw, is Izzo still crying?

Comment

I’ll give you an Izzo shortcut, if you haven’t seen his obituary, you can assume Izzo is crying about something.

Comment

Working...
                          X