Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coach Few Cited For Drunk Driving

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Trying to reconcile his statement last night with today's not guilty pleading...¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It’s not uncommon to plead not guilty at this point in the proceedings, just how this stuff works. This isn’t him running from responsibility, just the legal nature of what will likely be a plea deal to a lesser charge for a first time offender.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by daskim View Post
      I don't think anyone who want a bunch of people micro dissecting what occurred if they were stopped after driving with a BAC beyond the limit.

      Don't see the point of this thread any more.

      Wish the mods would lock it.
      Like it or not, this discussion and others like it across the country is part of Few's penance. He has a lot of work to do to regain some of the goodwill he has built up over the years. Most of us here will forgive him and offer support if Mark handles this like we know he can.

      Those of you ready to dismiss this "because we all did it", are way off base. I'm sure there are lots of us that didn't and downplaying what Few did because others made the same egregious mistake is foolish.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ET2021 View Post
        Just posting what is out there. Don't shoot the messenger
        Thank you for the link and article
        It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

        GO ZAGS!!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
          Like it or not, this discussion and others like it across the country is part of Few's penance. He has a lot of work to do to regain some of the goodwill he has built up over the years. Most of us here will forgive him and offer support if Mark handles this like we know he can.

          Those of you ready to dismiss this "because we all did it", are way off base. I'm sure there are lots of us that didn't and downplaying what Few did because others made the same egregious mistake is foolish.
          Don't see anyone "downplaying" driving while impaired. What people are saying is that the difference is that they weren't arrested and Few was. In other words, they were lucky.

          Don't see it's my prerogative to "forgive" Mark Few. Never liked sitting in judgment of someone I do not know simply because he coaches a basketball team that I enjoy watching.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
            Like it or not, this discussion and others like it across the country is part of Few's penance. He has a lot of work to do to regain some of the goodwill he has built up over the years. Most of us here will forgive him and offer support if Mark handles this like we know he can.

            Those of you ready to dismiss this "because we all did it", are way off base. I'm sure there are lots of us that didn't and downplaying what Few did because others made the same egregious mistake is foolish.
            +1000

            Comment


            • Originally posted by rijman View Post
              Thank you for the link and article
              +1

              very interesting thread, as interesting as I can remember here, can really see who posters are. Mods, Thank You for not locking it.

              I got a DUI in college. The ways to fight it weren't as sophisticated as today. That was many decades ago. I guess I'm the only one here who has a DUI.......Very rough lesson, but learned. No slap on the wrist and I'm just glad nothing happened, and it's not the only time I have been impaired while driving.

              But that was a very long time ago. I don't do that anymore, for a long time, decades, and I like my beer and wine and margaritas...but there are so many options...that's the part I don't get, not saying that I have to understand it, but why do it, and is it just a one off this one time when he decided to do this (am I the only person who thought about that?)

              Anyway, as others have said, glad nothing bad happened. I'd bet Mark feels worse about it than anyone. Also as others have said, hope he gets out in front of this and demonstrates the character all of us are challenged to show in our lives at certain points. We'll see but his character has always been strong, it's a big reason why I'm a non alum Gonzaga Basketball fan, and this situation seems to me unlike any others he's faced at GU.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by daskim View Post
                I don't think anyone who want a bunch of people micro dissecting what occurred if they were stopped after driving with a BAC beyond the limit.

                Don't see the point of this thread any more.

                Wish the mods would lock it.
                Don't visit the thread if you don't see any point to it. Calling for censorship ( locking the thread ) is BS.
                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

                “They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

                Comment


                • This thread is 7 pages long and is a pretty adult and respectful discussion given the circumstances. If you click this thread expecting sunshine and rainbows, that's on you. Everyone is human and reacting in their own way, so let's not start on each other.
                  Krozman
                  GU student 1996-2000
                  Law Student 2000-2003

                  Comment


                  • No let’s keep this up for another 20 pages! We’ll learn more Nd it’ll be fun keeping an honorable man in the stocks so we can do an ax whoopin! Sounds fun and good!! Let go! Truth be known. When there’s no more to learn, it’s just a morose game to gossip! Think anything you say further will do someone any good.? Who? Few? He’s learned his lesson already and will learn more. But from this board. Have at it team!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                      Calling for censorship ( locking the thread ) is BS.
                      This incident is not going to vanish quickly from national sport news sources. It's going to be talked about for a while in other places, so it seems fine to me to talk about it here too.

                      I also expect that there is more that may be learned eventually.

                      In the meantime, I am adding the Few family to my prayers.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                        No let’s keep this up for another 20 pages! We’ll learn more Nd it’ll be fun keeping an honorable man in the stocks so we can do an ax whoopin! Sounds fun and good!! Let go! Truth be known. When there’s no more to learn, it’s just a morose game to gossip! Think anything you say further will do someone any good.? Who? Few? He’s learned his lesson already and will learn more. But from this board. Have at it team!!
                        Gossip? That's all it is? Kinda bigger than that don't you think? We're not talking about a 20 year old tweet or eating his snickers bars with a knife and fork here. We're talking about an action that dents that "honorable man" image you clearly don't want tarnished. Nobody wants to cause Coach Few further embarrassment or pain, but not discussing it doesn't make it go away, and Coach Few is the biggest public figure in Spokane, period.
                        This thread is nothing compared to the punishment coach few is giving himself right now. It's going to be inane when the student sections of opposing teams starting chanting DUI nonsense at us. It's going to be a question at every press conference this year, even if we win it all. I guess my point is that it's ok to work through this together, even if it's a silly message board that goes 20 pages long.
                        Krozman
                        GU student 1996-2000
                        Law Student 2000-2003

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
                          I'm sure there are lots of us that didn't and downplaying what Few did because others made the same egregious mistake is foolish.
                          I don't personally know very many of you, and the ones I have met were over dinner and a few beers. Afterward, when we left, I don't know how many of us would have passed a breathalyzer test. I don't know where that standard would lie. 2-3 beers at NO-LI? Over 2 hours with dinner? I don't drive impaired, but cannot honestly say that I don't drive after a couple of beers with dinner.
                          The only ones that can say that they have never driven somewhat impaired, are the ones that never drink, at all.
                          Not even a smile? What's your problem!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by krozman View Post
                            Gossip? That's all it is? Kinda bigger than that don't you think? We're not talking about a 20 year old tweet or eating his snickers bars with a knife and fork here. We're talking about an action that dents that "honorable man" image you clearly don't want tarnished. Nobody wants to cause Coach Few further embarrassment or pain, but not discussing it doesn't make it go away, and Coach Few is the biggest public figure in Spokane, period.
                            This thread is nothing compared to the punishment coach few is giving himself right now. It's going to be inane when the student sections of opposing teams starting chanting DUI nonsense at us. It's going to be a question at every press conference this year, even if we win it all. I guess my point is that it's ok to work through this together, even if it's a silly message board that goes 20 pages long.
                            No he isnt. And yes. Much of this is gossipy crap. What you’ve just typed
                            Like spray painting a turd with white paint. But it’s still a brown trout.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                              Like spray painting a turd with white paint. But it’s still a brown trout.
                              Shaming people for discussing a legitimate topic is more in line with your turd analogy....which was weird. Someone help me here. When you spray paint a turd white, is that meant to portray turds better, because if my turd came out white I'd be calling a doctor. Here's what I found on the Internet. https://www.mayoclinic.org/white-sto...s/faq-20058216
                              Krozman
                              GU student 1996-2000
                              Law Student 2000-2003

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by krozman View Post
                                Shaming people for discussing a legitimate topic is more in line with your turd analogy....which was weird. Someone help me here. When you spray paint a turd white, is that meant to portray turds better, because if my turd came out white I'd be calling a doctor. Here's what I found on the Internet. https://www.mayoclinic.org/white-sto...s/faq-20058216
                                Legitimate topic.? Who says?? Spare me the Mayo quote. I used to work there and manages the Mayo Clinic Proceedings. Nothing special there. Beat a topic to death when all has been said. Seems shallow and lightweight. Doesn’t merit new knowledge or really anything. Some chit chat but this much is plainly ridiculous. Beside any good lawyer...a good one... would understand that he’s charged, not convicted and he plead not guilty. This whole thread is based on media reports. But it goes on as if he’s dead in the water. Far from it. Way far from it. Go on if you want but it’s hardly worth the 20 pages this thread is headed for.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X