This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    It's neither true nor false, it's an opinion. As is yours. I disagree with your opinion that endangering the lives of the public is less of an offense than simple possession of of a naturally occurring plant substance (one that is now being studied for its mental health benefits).

ETA: IMO more should be expected of a 58 yr old multimillionaire in a position of power than of a kid, but I suppose that's false as well.
    Straw man

Comment

• My heart broke like a bar room glass when I read the news about Coach Few. My initial reaction was red-eyed anger. Sweeping up the pieces I realized how identified and bound I am to being a 'Zag'. I am an alumnus and a ceramic artist who recieved the honor of having a one man show in the old Ad Gallery years ago. I revere the University, it's history here in the Pacific Northwest, it's humanitarian and spiritual aspirations and how these scrappy Bulldogs have brought out the best in who we are ... and I realize too how veins of hubris flows through my body.

Hubris is the characteristic of excessive confidence or arrogance, which leads a person to believe that they may do no wrong. The overwhelming pride caused by hubris is often considered a flaw in character.
      Hubris can cause short-sighted, irrational, or harmful behavior since the person does not stop to examine their behavior or consider the opinions of or effects on others when behaving. Hubris often causes humiliation to whom it is directed.

I felt personally wounded through Coach's action and I realized how ' Zag hubris ' at times run amok through us and how this event is not only an opportunity for Coach to recover his balance but each and every one of us to realize how this striving for the peak of a 'Natty' has to be seen as the timeless journey of the hero with a thousand faces.

Inspired by the writings of the late Joseph Campbell, screenwriter Christopher Vogler shares in his ' The Writer's Journey' ...

The Ordeal

Seeker, enter the Inmost Cave and look for that which will restore life to
      the Home Tribe. The way grows narrow and dark. You must go alone on hands
      and knees and you feel the earth press close around you. You can hardly
      breathe. Suddenly you come out into the deepest chamber and find yourself
      face-to-face with a towering figure, a menacing Shadow composed of all your
      doubts and fears and well armed to defend a treasure. Here, in this moment,
      is the chance to win all or die. No matter what you came for, it's Death
      that now stares back at you. Whatever the outcome of the battle, you are
      about to taste death and it will change you.

I truly believe Mark Few is on his knees at the crossroads and if his journey thus far is any indication of his true grit,mettle and deep spirit, this is the year our great coach, our plucky team and each one of us successfully conquer Mount Natty.
      humanity is one family ... with one heart

Comment

• He made a mistake and will be "punished" more in the press and by opposing fan bases than he will in Spokane (where he has had the most positive impact). Justified or not, students are already making posters with Few superimposed in the back of a police car. Not a good look.

Comment

• The redundancy of this thread along with adding snippets of gossip and rephrased garbage is EXACTLY why this board is looked upon with disdain by the coaches, players and families of players. All are advised to avoid this board (per Rob Sacre) for it's toxicity. Checking out for a few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonJuan View Post
            He made a mistake and will be "punished" more in the press and by opposing fan bases than he will in Spokane (where he has had the most positive impact). Justified or not, students are already making posters with Few superimposed in the back of a police car. Not a good look.
            All the more reason to smash opponents early and knock the excitement out of the room.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
              Excellent word “expiation “. Congrats you wordsmith Jazz. Reminds me of being in the Jesuit community in the 60s. Such were those times when words like that flew freely all the time.
              I still live in that world, Doc. Or at least try to. My oldest g-son is looking at colleges and I'd pick the one where such discourse still is the order of the day. He likes Dartmouth but a reach. Georgetown is a safer pick. Ah, thank god we are old, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by zagbeliever View Post
                The redundancy of this thread along with adding snippets of gossip and rephrased garbage is EXACTLY why this board is looked upon with disdain by the coaches, players and families of players. All are advised to avoid this board (per Rob Sacre) for it's toxicity. Checking out for a few weeks.
                Ditto

Comment

The redundancy of this thread along with adding snippets of gossip and rephrased garbage is EXACTLY why this board is looked upon with disdain by the coaches, players and families of players. All are advised to avoid this board (per Rob Sacre) for it's toxicity. Checking out for a few weeks.
                  Exactly on point. This thread is like The View for Gonzaga fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by daskim View Post
                    Without the Botox and hip — ugh — clothing. Is Sonny pregnant?

Comment

Lighten up Francis. This is just a public forum for Zags fans and, regrettably, trolls to opine as they will; nothing more, nothing less. Each reader can agree, disagree or ignore others’ posts as they see fit or check out entirely. Don’t advocate for all to avoid just cause you don’t like the posts here.
                      Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                        Lighten up Francis. This is just a public forum for Zags fans and, regrettably, trolls to opine as they will; nothing more, nothing less. Each reader can agree, disagree or ignore others’ posts as they see fit or check out entirely. Don’t advocate for all to avoid just cause you don’t like the posts here.
                        Exactly. And no one ever forced anyone to open and read a thread or post on the OCC. Yet, disappear it did.
                        "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

+1!

Do the coaches, players and families of players look upon this forum with disdain? If so, is that different from every other college forum?
                          It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by daskim View Post
                            I haven't watched those screaming witches for years.

Comment

I'm not advocating for ANYONE to do anything. I'm just saying this type of vitriol is not what I need or want in my life. I love the Zags, the program and many of you on here. I am checking out for a bit because this is not for me at this point. One can't help but click on a comment and it upsets me to read. I'm not signing off forever. (I'm not a big deal on this board anyway) There's too much hatefulness and lack of compassion in this world right now anyway. I am not going to purposelessly add to it. There is another more positive group of Zag fans I'm following right now. Nothing personal to most of you because I find most of you to be my kind of people.

Comment

• 20 plus years of exceptional behavior and being the best of the best has got to mean something

We talking 20 plus years.

Comment

Working...
                                X