This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    What would the discourse be if Tommy were still at GU? Just asking. Timing is everything.
    Probably that Tommy would get a chance to coach for a couple games at some point this year. And now that will be B-Mike. Honestly if we have to play Texas with B-Mike at the helm I'd still feel really good.

If you're implying Tommy could take over permanently for something like this, I mean there's just zero chance that would ever happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reborn View Post
      I don't believe that this will hurt the Zags season this year at all. Nor do I believe that it will hurt Gonzaga's ability to continue to recruit top athletes around the world. Of course this was a mistake, but IMO it was an outlier. What I mean by that is that what Few did was not the norm at all, but was quite unusual. His mistake will be dealt with properly and Gonzaga will move on, and return to the norm. Mark Few is a great coach. IMO the best in country right now. This will pass, and by October 15th the Zags will be ready to hit the hardwood floor and begin this very promising season.

Everyone in life makes mistakes, even the best of us. And there is the right way to deal with our mishaps, and so far I'm very pleased with the way Few and Gonzaga is dealing with it. I agree with my friend GoZags that Few's statement was "right on the mark." Gonzaga will most likely prepare a statement that comes out today and the university will decide the appropriate punishment. Few, his assistants and the team will accept it and move on. I hope that part of the punishment will be that Few has to do community work, which hopefully be to go on a tour of speaking engagements against drinking and driving. It's a huge problem in our country and many lives are taken every single year. Maybe this mishap will end up saving a few lives as Few comes out with an honest and strong statement against drinking and driving. Often the mistakes we make end up becoming something positive, especially when those mistakes help us CHANGE.

I am really looking forward to this season with our Zags. As has been said, this will be talked about all year long by the pundants. My prediction: The team will once again use adversity to overcome every challenge and will win it's first national championship. This is a great Gonzaga team and I believe that they will show it all year long. They may lose a couple of games this year for one reason or another. IMO sometimes losses are good for the team. Those who know me know that I have made that statement a hundred times on this forum. So, once more, I'm really excited for this very special year. I'm going to call this team The Overcomers.

Go Zags!!!
      Thank you Reborn, I appreciate your perspective on this matter.
      It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by daskim View Post
        Exactly on point. This thread is like The View for Gonzaga fans.
        Word

Comment

• Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
          Straw man
          Not according to the definition of the term.

Comment

• Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
            Not according to the definition of the term.
            According to the VERY definition of the word. You created a false narrative from my statement (almost a caricature or hyperbolic version of it - not to mention, incomplete) and then refuted it. Embarrassing.

Comment

• Gavin Newsom finally replies:

Perhaps Mr. Few would have been better served to heed his own advice & "stay in his lane."
              But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                Gavin Newsom finally replies:

Perhaps Mr. Few would have been better served to heed his own advice & "stay in his lane."
                Really ???? Talk about the chickens coming home....

Comment

• Embarrassing for Coach Few, the College, Alumni and the Fans! Of course!
                  We’re Zags and we support one another thru thick and thin. The Zags will have a great season. Coach Few will be more focused than ever, this will move and motivate him, drive him to more heights, he will be out to prove himself and make good on this unfortunate mistake. Well out of his character, not a bit concerned his character has gone under. Most good men make the best of every situation and circumstance. Bad form to throw mistakes into regretful men and glory in their demise. I plan on putting this behind me and focusing on this awesome season, I’m sure that’s what Coach Few and the rest of the program plan to do!
                  Last edited by zagray; 09-10-2021, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• So Mark Few didn't pitch a perfect game. Maybe gave up a run even. He is human, but he is still, way, way better than we could ever expect. He is humbled but forgiven here.

Comment

• Definitely, I am sure he is hoping for understanding,
                      and this board is full of that. He is our #1 guy, and we are his #1 fans,
                      except of course his family. But we are together and loyal and full of good wishes
                      and intentions.
                      Coach Few, we number among those who are in your support group!

Comment

• This situation makes me kind of sad but everyone has skeletons in their closets and hopefully take the steps he needs to to correct the situation. I do think this is a good slice of humble pie for the program and specifically the fan base. We can tend to get a bit self righteous and a blemish on the program here and there helps take some of the hot air out of the balloon.

Comment

• This episode has nothing to do with a black mark on the program. It’s an individual and personal mistake. Lots of “by extension” thoughts here. They mean nothing. And this personal episode does not take the program down a notch. Nope. One guy made a mistake. As it turns out by my extensive 25 yrs watching drunks and addicts, he’s likely done it before and just was caught this time. So he won’t do it again. He’s thinking there’s too much to lose, that it’s embarrassing for his family and this program. It’s his issue and not ours. In a world of issues this is not a big one.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                            This episode has nothing to do with a black mark on the program. It’s an individual and personal mistake. Lots of “by extension” thoughts here. They mean nothing. And this personal episode does not take the program down a notch. Nope. One guy made a mistake. As it turns out by my extensive 25 yrs watching drunks and addicts, he’s likely done it before and just was caught this time. So he won’t do it again. He’s thinking there’s too much to lose, that it’s embarrassing for his family and this program. It’s his issue and not ours. In a world of issues this is not a big one.
                            Wow, doc, you’ve gone from this thread needs to be closed to calling Few a drunk. What’s up?
                            Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

This episode has nothing to do with a black mark on the program. It’s an individual and personal mistake. Lots of “by extension” thoughts here. They mean nothing. And this personal episode does not take the program down a notch. Nope. One guy made a mistake. As it turns out by my extensive 25 yrs watching drunks and addicts, he’s likely done it before and just was caught this time. So he won’t do it again. He’s thinking there’s too much to lose, that it’s embarrassing for his family and this program. It’s his issue and not ours. In a world of issues this is not a big one.
                              Mark Few is the program as much as Coach K is Duke. To assume that this doesn't put a slight stink on the program and specifically our cultivated Gonzaga's awschucks we do things the right way image is willfully naive.

Comment

Really? DWI not a big one? Wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X