Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little hard on my beloved Brown Trout there Doc. Better eating, bigger fight, nasty teeth.
    Mark is a man of honor and I'm not changing how I respect the man. I am concerned about those who feel they are perfect however.

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
    No he isnt. And yes. Much of this is gossipy crap. What you’ve just typed
    Like spray painting a turd with white paint. But it’s still a brown trout.
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• Hopefully matters can be resolved before Kraziness in the Kennel otherwise it will churn and create more speculation/debate than is necessary or helpful. I think the first domino has to be Coach Few and the ID prosecutor's coming to agreement on what the the charges and disposition will be. I don't think either Coach Few or GU can say too much until that matter is resolved. After that, GU will be in a position to decide what it will do (personally, I don't think suspension from games is the right approach - the real issue is what does Coach Few do to demonstrate he's acknowledged his mistake and is being held accountable for not repeating it. Maybe a third-party evaluation chosen by GU to ensure he's not got an alcohol problem, followed by appropriate counseling, and a pledge as to how he will comport himself in the future if he attends events where alcohol is served and he chooses to drink (designated driver? call ride-share service?). After that, Coach Few can make an appropriate public statement and he can address the team privately.

If this is all handled professionally with no actual favoritism or appearance of favoritism, and Coach Few is as forthright and sincere as I believe he will be, I think any controversy fades away by 2022.

Comment

• Appreciate all the candid responses regarding their experiences. It's important to recognize both that drinking under the influence is a terrible thing, and that we're all human being prone to poor judgment and sin. We should acknowledge that what Coach Few did was deeply wrong, and while his actions should enter into our evaluations of him, we shouldn't let a single incident override everything that has happened before. The real key will be what happens going forward.
        I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• Originally posted by GrizZAG View Post
          A little hard on my beloved Brown Trout there Doc. Better eating, bigger fight, nasty teeth.
          Mark is a man of honor and I'm not changing how I respect the man. I am concerned about those who feel they are perfect however.
          C'mon down to Texas, and get yourselves some alligator gar...

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
            C'mon down to Texas, and get yourselves some alligator gar...

A lot of questions about this
            do you eat those?
            What's the bait?
            East Texas?

Comment

• Anybody else is thinking this whole thing is taking too long for university to address or is it just me?
              Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
                Anybody else is thinking this whole thing is taking too long for university to address or is it just me?
                I'm guessing they are waiting until the legal issues have been resolved. I wonder how long something like that takes? If the university is waiting until resolved legally, it would be pretty eyebrow-raising if Few & his lawyers attempted to drag out the court hearing until either the conference schedule or offseason in order to avoid having the suspension served by the university at a bad time.

Comment

Anybody else is thinking this whole thing is taking too long for university to address or is it just me?
                  At this point the university is in public relations no man’s land. The time for a strong statement was in the first 48 hours after the incident. It makes no sense now to say anything. But be sure there are a lot of fingers in the air to see which way the wind is blowing. Whoever up there is in charge of crisis management is very busy, nonetheless, weighing options, retaining consultants, ensuring all parties speak with the same voice. In my experience it can often be those closest to home who can monkey wrench things, viz students, board members, donors. Lots of hand holding.

Comment

• Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
                    I'm guessing they are waiting until the legal issues have been resolved. I wonder how long something like that takes? If the university is waiting until resolved legally, it would be pretty eyebrow-raising if Few & his lawyers attempted to drag out the court hearing until either the conference schedule or offseason in order to avoid having the suspension served by the university at a bad time.
                    I thought their first statement was pretty clear. I don't think there is much for them to say at this point.
                    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• The statement was made by Few, not the university. I am waiting for the consequences now: number of games coach Few is suspended, etc.
                      Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Comment

The statement was made by Few, not the university. I am waiting for the consequences now: number of games coach Few is suspended, etc.
                        incorrect

Earlier in the day, Gonzaga athletic director Chris Standiford issued a statement.
                        “We are aware of the report that Coach Few was cited for suspicion of driving under the influence," Standiford said. "While the facts of the situation are still being evaluated, we understand its severity and the legal process that will follow. As a Gonzaga employee, we respect Coach Few’s right to privacy and will refrain from further comment at this time.”

https://www.krem.com/article/news/cr...3-3bd9eb03ad2f

Comment

• That's it. Privacy is a huge deal anymore. I'm not so sure he'll get much of a penalty is it's Negligent Driving. Usually the original charge is plead down to that. One our esteemed grads Frank Bartoletta tells me that. He's a DUI lawyer.

Comment

• Name dropper!
                            Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                            Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                            All mimsy were the borogoves,
                            And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                              Name dropper!
                              He’s allowed. He, too, is a “name.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                                Name dropper!
                                lololol Black Bart??? Bird?? I forgot you know him from the old days!!

Comment

Working...
                                X