Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll throw my two cents in: keep the thread open. My reasoning is because first: It's not a negative thread at all imo. Second: People are still posting on this thread. Third: People who normally do not post much are posting on this thread. Fourth: I am still reading about what others are writing. No harm, No foul.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Who on this thread has ever had a DUI? It's turned to a personal failings thread. How do you "feel" about someone else's personal failings or your own? I think the psychological confessions are special. Sounds like many would like to speak up.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
        Who on this thread has ever had a DUI? It's turned to a personal failings thread. How do you "feel" about someone else's personal failings or your own? I think the psychological confessions are special. Sounds like many would like to speak up.
        I think there is a distinction between culpability and awareness we're not making, even if the lack of awareness itself is reprehensible and costs lives. One can be culpable, but not aware, of how reprehensible or damaging ones' actions are.
        Originally posted by Reborn
        Go Zags!!!
        Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
          I think there is a distinction between culpability and awareness we're not making, even if the lack of awareness itself is reprehensible and costs lives. One can be culpable, but not aware, of how reprehensible or damaging ones' actions are.
          Let's expand on this!

Comment

Let's expand on this!
            My thought is that you can do something terrible, be at fault, and still not realize how terrible your actions are. It doesn't make it OK, but it's a distinction that needs to be drawn.
            Originally posted by Reborn
            Go Zags!!!
            Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• Originally posted by Reborn View Post
              I'll throw my two cents in: keep the thread open. My reasoning is because first: It's not a negative thread at all imo. Second: People are still posting on this thread. Third: People who normally do not post much are posting on this thread. Fourth: I am still reading about what others are writing. No harm, No foul.

Go Zags!!!
              Agree w Reborn.
              This thread remains relevant at least until we have some closure on the incident by way of learning what the legal & university imposed (if any) consequences are for Coach Few. Not interested in eviscerating or demonizing him for a single poor decision to drink and drive. Lord knows many of us have likely made same such poor decision in our lives, but until there is some resolution in terms of consequences and how exactly Few will earn back the trust of his players and the administration and this fanbase it remains an open wound. They need to expedite the legal process if at all possible so the university, the program and fans can get back to focusing on our hoop dreams!
              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• Absolutely keep this thread going!! Nobody here has a right to know anything about this sorry episode. it’s the “personal” angle we need

Comment

Who on this thread has ever had a DUI? It's turned to a personal failings thread. How do you "feel" about someone else's personal failings or your own? I think the psychological confessions are special. Sounds like many would like to speak up.
                  Enough man, now you're getting personal, just to close the thread imo, nice tactic. So before it's done, the only personal failings displayed here are yours with your inability to allow others to express themselves, a failing you continue to display.

Now that I've had my say, we can lock it...wow that's terrible to say even jokingly.

Thanks to all for sharing their stories, especially those who experienced what Mark did here, sincerely. Helps to talk about things instead of bury them imo, and clearly there's a lot to talk about according to this board.

Have at me Abe

Comment

• For me it's all about who had a DUI and who hasn't. For me it's about who has driven their car after drinking as much as Few did and never got caught. Or how many did get caught by a policeman, was pulled over, but then released and told to go home. Or we could take it a step further, how many have done something at least as bad and probably a lot worse than what Mark Few did? How many here are truly Christian? I recall Jesus telling a crowd of people who wanted to stone a prostitute for her sins, "He who has never sinned may throw the first stone." And not a single person threw a stone. I think for us who profess to follow Jesus Christ there is a lesson in this.

Honestly. I don't see anyone saying that Coach didn't do something wrong. And certainly Few did not say that, and I'm sure he doesn't feel that way. I read what he said. For myself and so many others, I just hear a tone of empathy, and yes of curiosity too...just waiting and wanting to see what happens to Coach. I see no harm in keeping this thread open.

Go Zags!
                    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Focus on something else if you don't want to talk about the effects of drunk driving. I guess because nobody died, it's not trendy enough for you. Fine. Focus then on the fact that he lied twice when he was pulled over. He lied when he said he wasn't drinking that evening, and then he lied again when he altered his story to say he only drank two beers the entire time, the latter beer being 4 hours prior. If you're a decision maker at GU, you're not focused on the DUI. You're focused on a coach who, in a vulnerable moment because he couldn't reason properly, decided that deception was the best path forward. How far do you want to go down that rabbit hole? When you make a mistake and own it, you're human. When you make a mistake and then lie and then lie again to get out of it and then realize you're not getting out of it......it makes the statement the following day a self serving declaration in a furtherance of the lie. Try now and put yourself in a leadership position at GU and tell me how the policies and procedures of the way a coach does their job is altered by these facts. It's not as cut and dry as someone's personal life. He has responsibility over humans and his example is part of the game of basketball in college sports.

the man was too drunk to know how much of an embarrassment he was making of himself. That's how I know that this thread is not only relevant, but necessary. You're not helping anyone by looking the other way on this. I would imagine GU and the coach wont be releasing any new information until they've covered all these angles, not just the obvious one.
                      Krozman
                      GU student 1996-2000
                      Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• i suspect if this thread is closed,
                        a bit of new news or development will occur and
                        another thread on this subject will start up.
                        This is too big an event for zag nation to have everyone
                        agree, ok lets not talk about it anymore...

Comment

• There it is! Go for 20! We should!

Comment

Usually when everything is said that could be said, reasonably bright people call it quits. Nothing more to learn on this. It’s gone downhill for days. There is nothing left to say that fills a hole. It’s over. Hope dims for some new breakthrough... a tidbit or refashioning of a tiny missed point.And 24 it moves to the top because it serves as a signpost that the topic is exhausted.
                            Yet you lead in total postings. Hmmmm
                            Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                              Yet you lead in total postings. Hmmmm
                              NO "hmmmmmm" about it. You need to look further as to what's in my posts. I said this thread has run it's course about 1 week ago. In support of others, however, I think we should further discuss Few's maladies and mistake for 20 full pages!! GO for 20! There must be more to say!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CarolinaZagFan View Post
                                Honestly, if Tommy was still around I wouldn’t be surprised if Few just decided to step down and not let this be a distraction to him or the team. You know opposing student sections are going to have a field day with this.
                                He's going to step down because of heckling from the student sections? That's an extremely bizarre take.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                                There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
                                Surfmonkey89

Comment

Working...
                                X