Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One important thing to consider. Families of Gonzaga recruits feel very comfortable in sending their sons to Gonzaga to mentored by coach few. I expect this will change the dynamics of future recruiting a bit. Very unfortunate incident that tarnishes his legacy and that of Gonzaga.

Comment

Originally posted by SageOfZagville View Post
      One important thing to consider. Families of Gonzaga recruits feel very comfortable in sending their sons to Gonzaga to mentored by coach few. I expect this will change the dynamics of future recruiting a bit. Very unfortunate incident that tarnishes his legacy and that of Gonzaga.
      Tarnish, a bit harsh. Damage, yes. And you better believe this will be used against GU in future recruiting battles.

Comment

KREM reports

Gonzaga Director of Athletics Chris Standiford said in a statement Tuesday that the department is "aware of the report that Coach Few was cited for suspicion of driving under the influence."
        "While the facts of the situation are still being evaluated, we understand its severity and the legal process that will follow. As a Gonzaga employee, we respect Coach Few’s right to privacy and will refrain from further comment at this time," the statement continues.
        https://www.krem.com/article/news/cr...3-3bd9eb03ad2f

Comment

I am chiming in because others won't share my sentiment. I support Coach Few and believe he'll do the right thing. I also don't condemn him in light of how these things happen. Good people make errors in judgment. Thankfully, neither he nor anyone else was harmed. Let him face his penalty, as he will assuredly suffer, and let the rest of us enjoy his fabulous coaching. I wish him nothing but well.

Don't interpret this as support for driving in excess of legal limits of alcohol. With Uber/Lyft, there is no longer a reason for it. But that shouldn't be treated more harshly than texting and driving if no harm comes to another.

Comment

Just reported on SportsCenter

Comment

so Few is human.....so are we......learn from it....move on...

Comment

Originally posted by ArchaeaBYU View Post
                I am chiming in because others won't share my sentiment. I support Coach Few and believe he'll do the right thing. I also don't condemn him in light of how these things happen. Good people make errors in judgment. Thankfully, neither he nor anyone else was harmed. Let him face his penalty, as he will assuredly suffer, and let the rest of us enjoy his fabulous coaching. I wish him nothing but well.

Don't interpret this as support for driving in excess of legal limits of alcohol. With Uber/Lyft, there is no longer a reason for it. But that shouldn't be treated more harshly than texting and driving if no harm comes to another.
                Seems a reasonable POV to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sylean View Post
                  so Few is human.....so are we......learn from it....move on...
                  Usually, when people are cited with a DUI, they are held accountable in some form or fashion. For Mark Few's position, it would be irresponsible to simply let this go under the rug. He has to be held to a higher standard.

Comment

Originally posted by ET2021 View Post
                    Usually, when people are cited with a DUI, they are held accountable in some form or fashion. For Mark Few's position, it would be irresponsible to simply let this go under the rug. He has to be held to a higher standard.
                    Perkins got a2 game suspension. I assume something similar for Few.

Comment

Wow and his son is a Gonzaga walk-on this year. Poor example for the team and son. Reports was he was speeding and driving erratically, so should not be cut no slack. Needs to be suspended for couple of games, and he needs to take responsibility for his actions as quickly as possible. Hope Gonzaga and Few get right on this. And every time its brought up to him, he simply admits he screwed up and don't get defensive about the matter, own it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
                        Perkins got a2 game suspension. I assume something similar for Few.
                        Considering the circumstances in each case, I would assume 4 games, maybe more.

Comment

Originally posted by ET2021 View Post
                          Considering the circumstances in each case, I would assume 4 games, maybe more.
                          No correlation. Josh was a stupid kid. Few has massive standing in the community.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                            No correlation. Josh was a stupid kid. Few has massive standing in the community.
                            He's a 58-year-old and head coach of a major basketball program. Not a fan of not holding people in these positions accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                              Illegal drugs are a lot different than legal alcohol where he was barely above the legal limit.
                              Bring back the OCC

Comment

He can get advice from Bob Huggins
                                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Working...
                                X