Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCC KEN POM

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WCC KEN POM

    Don't look now but the WCC has 6 teams in the KenPom top 100. 5 teams in the top 75. 4 teams in the top 50. This can all change quickly as it's early in the year but still something of note that the conference is performing well.

    Edit: Meant to say 6 teams in the top 100, not 8. Thanks GoZags.
    Last edited by Bouldin4Prez; 11-23-2021, 07:07 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    Don't look now but the WCC has 8 teams in the KenPom top 100. 5 teams in the top 75. 4 teams in the top 50. This can all change quickly as it's early in the year but still something of note that the conference is performing well.
    I count 6 (which is still quite an accomplishment). Missing from the Top 100 are Pacific (158), San Diego (160), Pepperdine (202) and Portland (319).
    sigpic
    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GoZags View Post
      I count 6 (which is still quite an accomplishment). Missing from the Top 100 are Pacific (158), San Diego (160), Pepperdine (202) and Portland (319).
      I definitely meant to say 6! Thanks for catching that, my apologies.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
        I definitely meant to say 6! Thanks for catching that, my apologies.
        No harm, no foul. It's all good ... and 6 IS pretty cool. Loving "SCU"s contributions here and look forward to seeing the Bronco's play. I've always liked Sendek (at least from his NCSU days).
        sigpic
        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
        ——-
        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GoZags View Post
          No harm, no foul. It's all good ... and 6 IS pretty cool. Loving "SCU"s contributions here and look forward to seeing the Bronco's play. I've always liked Sendek (at least from his NCSU days).
          According to my profile here, i've apparently been here in one shape or form since 2014... sadly, there's hasn't been much to say.

          I'm a multi-generational WCCer and you just have to say, how fun is this?

          USF playing Davidson in the Chase Center earlier this year gave me full "Big East of West Vibes" and triggered a long forgotten memory of SCU hosting Kansas at HP Pavillon so many years ago (early 2000s?) and beating UNC at Oracle...

          Hoping for great times ahead for the league.

          If we manage to get 3 into the top 25 that would be the first since... I really don't know when.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SCU View Post
            According to my profile here, i've apparently been here in one shape or form since 2014... sadly, there's hasn't been much to say.

            I'm a multi-generational WCCer and you just have to say, how fun is this?

            USF playing Davidson in the Chase Center earlier this year gave me full "Big East of West Vibes" and triggered a long forgotten memory of SCU hosting Kansas at HP Pavillon so many years ago (early 2000s?) and beating UNC at Oracle...

            Hoping for great times ahead for the league.

            If we manage to get 3 into the top 25 that would be the first since... I really don't know when.
            I don't think it has ever happened
            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

            "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

            Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

            2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SCU View Post
              According to my profile here, i've apparently been here in one shape or form since 2014... sadly, there's hasn't been much to say.

              I'm a multi-generational WCCer and you just have to say, how fun is this?

              USF playing Davidson in the Chase Center earlier this year gave me full "Big East of West Vibes" and triggered a long forgotten memory of SCU hosting Kansas at HP Pavillon so many years ago (early 2000s?) and beating UNC at Oracle...

              Hoping for great times ahead for the league.

              If we manage to get 3 into the top 25 that would be the first since... I really don't know when.
              Welcome, Bronc. Sendek is a terrific coach. A coach’s coach. Great academics, you’re going places.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                I don't think it has ever happened
                I took a relatively cursory look, but I agree.

                Two is rare enough- GU and SMC or GU and BYU are the only possible combos in the last two decades, and then turn the page way back to the 50s and once in the early 70s when SCU and USF were ranked at the same time...

                The database I was looking at doesn't include receiving votes... but this week's poll with two ranked, and one other receiving votes is rarified air.

                Other useless tidbit- USD is the only WCC team to have never been ranked in the AP poll- though Pepperdine has only appeared in one poll ever.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I hope that a few of our other posters from the other WCC schools will chime in on this thread. We’ve heard from SCU. Zag fans are definitely cheering for Santa Clara and we’re excited to see how well your team is playing. We’re also excited to see how well USF and LMU are competing as well. BYU looks really tough. Good luck to the Gaels against the Ducks. It’s a good time to be a fan of the WCC.
                  “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

                  -Ken Pomeroy-

                  https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
                    I hope that a few of our other posters from the other WCC schools will chime in on this thread. We’ve heard from SCU. Zag fans are definitely cheering for Santa Clara and we’re excited to see how well your team is playing. We’re also excited to see how well USF and LMU are competing as well. BYU looks really tough. Good luck to the Gaels against the Ducks. It’s a good time to be a fan of the WCC.
                    I joined the GodIsAGael site today and wished them well vs Oregon tonight. Hope we see the WCC vanquish the PAC-12 foes on ESPN tonight.
                    Last edited by GonzagasaurusFlex; 11-23-2021, 02:01 PM.
                    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Is God a Gael? I'm not sure but I hope he teaches the Ducks a lesson!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Feels like Cousey has been playing for like 8 years.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
                          Feels like Cousey has been playing for like 8 years.
                          Only 6
                          'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                          - Gandalf the Grey

                          ________________________________



                          Foo Time

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
                            Only 6
                            Incredible. Good for him for using the rules to his full advantage.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              did kenpom rank our conference among the other 33 (?) conferences. I think we are often between 8 and 11th. It would be so good for the zags to play a few ranked teams in Jan and Feb, IMO.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X