No announcement yet.

GU vs Duke - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banchero vs. Holmgren is media hype/promo. Its a team game and we have the better team. If we play smart with same crisp execution and stifling defense as we did on Monday and Tuesday, we get the early lead, hold it, and win by 10.

Comment

Agreed.....its not Banchero vs Chet(the jet) its about winning and Chet is free to roam the court seeking"oppurtunities" to help the Zags win...will it be a block? Dunk? 3 pointer? Freshly cooked popcorn? I expect a tough game from Duke...K's fellas ALWAYS play hard....but it wont be enough....ZAGS 85 Duke74.

https://youtu.be/cwPg8gJq_Kw
      Last edited by jim77; 11-24-2021, 10:13 AM. Reason: Add a video...m

Comment

Zags by 9. 86-77
        Keeping real estate real in the Wenatchee Valley since 1991.

Comment

DUI checkpoints from each team's hotel. Too soon?
          Krozman
          GU student 1996-2000
          Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

GU 88 -80

Comment

Dillyball!

Koach Pickle, a poem
              <ahem>
              Relish the thought,
              A jar for a nickel,
              Coach Few is a dilly,
              Koach K is a pickle.

-------
              Hello, Dilly! -- 85
              Farewell, Pickle! -- 76

Sorry, Koach. Nice Career, an apologetic (bonus) poem
              <ahem>
              Forty-plus seasons,
              Koach K, you're entitled,
              To bask in the glory,
              Of five D1 titles.

(You Ol' Pickle, You!)

:]
              Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

Originally posted by Zag365 View Post
                Banchero vs. Holmgren is media hype/promo. Its a team game and we have the better team. If we play smart with same crisp execution and stifling defense as we did on Monday and Tuesday, we get the early lead, hold it, and win by 10.
                More than one thing can be true at a time....I don't think it is hype....it is one of keys to the game...

Comment

There's no way I will choose against our guys the rest of the year. They've just been so impressive. There is no doubt that Duke is talented, but they have played no one remotely good yet either. As always, I want us to stay injury free. If we play with intensity on the defensive end and take care of the ball, I fully expect us to win this game.

Gonzaga - 88
                  Duke - 79

Comment

82-72 gonzaga

Comment

88-76 Zags.
                      “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post
                        Koach Pickle, a poem
                        <ahem>
                        Relish the thought,
                        A jar for a nickel,
                        Coach Few is a dilly,
                        Koach K is a pickle.

-------
                        Hello, Dilly! -- 85
                        Farewell, Pickle! -- 76

Sorry, Koach. Nice Career, an apologetic (bonus) poem
                        <ahem>
                        Forty-plus seasons,
                        Koach K, you're entitled,
                        To bask in the glory,
                        Of five D1 titles.

(You Ol' Pickle, You!)

:]
                        This is well worth the price of admission!

Zags 83, Duke 71
                        It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by krozman View Post
                          DUI checkpoints from each team's hotel. Too soon?
                          You see that on the Duke boards too? It doesnt refect on Duke or coach K....as impressive as coach.K's career has been...His stint of getting our olympic team off their ass...and back into GOLD was.

Kinda of a historic day Friday.....not often 2 coaches like these guys face off....Both will most LIKELY leave with Y2K PLUS wins between them.

Comment

I think it could be close, but yes, we are the better team. Will be Shulman and Bilas on the call; hope they don't show any Dook homerism.
                            The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

Gonzaga 82
                              Duke 72

Duke is pretty big. They look like football players on a basketball court. They have 5 players over 220. On the other hand Gonzaga is kind of on the thinner side. Gonzaga's toughness will be tested for sure. I wonder if Gonzaga's speed and quickness will be too much for Duke's physicality. Gonzaga will run, run and run and attack attack and attack with speed. I think its a great matchup between speed and quickness vs physicality.

Banchero is really good, but is he any better than Juzang. He is bigger that is true. But they have similar games. And Juquez plays alot like Keels. In fact Jaquez is taller than Keels, but they play the same physical game. I think that Gonzaga is definitely deeper, and it will once again pay off. Duke is much better on defense than UCLA, and will make it easier for the Zags to score....but I think Gonzaga's speed, ball handling, passing and team attacking relentlessly will be too much for Duke.

It will also pit two Hall of Fame coaches. Coach K has gotten the best o Few over the years, but he had better players. Few now has at least equally as good of players and maybe even better. We have the best post player in the country, the best point guard, and the best all around player...I'll take Gonzaga over Coach K this time.

Go Zags!!!
                              Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

So the whole aiding and abetting a DWI has no consequences for Banchero?

He says he has “no regrets” and that’s it. “We moved on and we want to get on with our season."
                                Wow. Just wow.

That said, I’m glad Dook won’t have any lame excuses when they lose.

GU 82
                                Dook 77

ZZ

Comment

Working...
                                X