X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gross game - happy for them to move on. Tarleton knows how to muck it up

Comment

Originally posted by billyberu View Post
      I just don't see that happening, Jazz. Irregardless of how much I disagree with your take.
      I don't see it anything close to happening, either. Holmgren's team for the asking? Drew is a unanimous preseason All-American. He has been with the program 3 years. Chet is a one and done. Sure, Drew had a very subpar game last night. Maybe an aberration. Going to throw him under the bus because of one bad game and give the keys to Chet? Drew has been a stellar player. But "hand the team over to Holmgren for the asking"? I find that comment bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
        Could be. Dickau and Fox didn’t seem to think Few viewed it that way … instead it was more of a learning experience for some very young members of the team.
        That could be. I’ll bet they’ll have a good practice between now and Bama.

Comment

I credit Tarleton for an incredible defensive effort. I credit Duke for their defensive effort especially down the stretch that ultimately sealed their win. Seems there's talk that the Duke experienced really helped the Zags dig deep to squeak out the win last night. But, what if Zags had played Tarleton before Duke? (.... kidding... Ok, probably the same outcome...)

I really think Sallis' athleticism is amazing and know we will continue focus on his development. I really like him and his Def, but he doesn't quite look too comfortable in this offense (played 7 mins). Hickman is there. He can run point. Sure he's not as calming and in control as AN, but wow he's impressive and can spell AN when he needs to catch a breath. Hoping for the quick return of a healthy KP.

Any news on when Harris returns? And if does return, how does he fit in? I know Few said he felt Harris was going to have a big role prior to his injury.

Comment

Originally posted by HenneZag View Post
            Yep. How does Timme handle that?
            Like the great teammate he is. Like Kispert in his 4th year made way for Suggsy. TEAM.

Comment

Originally posted by GUDAD2020 View Post
              I credit Tarleton for an incredible defensive effort. I credit Duke for their defensive effort especially down the stretch that ultimately sealed their win. Seems there's talk that the Duke experienced really helped the Zags dig deep to squeak out the win last night. But, what if Zags had played Tarleton before Duke? (.... kidding... Ok, probably the same outcome...)

I really think Sallis' athleticism is amazing and know we will continue focus on his development. I really like him and his Def, but he doesn't quite look too comfortable in this offense (played 7 mins). Hickman is there. He can run point. Sure he's not as calming and in control as AN, but wow he's impressive and can spell AN when he needs to catch a breath. Hoping for the quick return of a healthy KP.

Any news on when Harris returns? And if does return, how does he fit in? I know Few said he felt Harris was going to have a big role prior to his injury.
              from my view sallis got zero minutes second half as his first half defense was really bad, out of position, on ball defense was a swinging door and didnt produce offensively either
              Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                Like the great teammate he is. Like Kispert in his 4th year made way for Suggsy. TEAM.
                I believe that on any given night, it could be anyone's team just like the 2017 GU players.

Comment

Originally posted by daskim View Post
                  I believe that on any given night, it could be anyone's team just like the 2017 GU players.
                  That was clearly NWG’s team. With Shem in the side car.

Comment

My wonderful big time feed kept rewinding to the start of the game. So I watched Yellowstone instead. Great program.
                    The key to a Natty may be a couple of players with an attitude like “Beth”

Comment

Originally posted by SunDevilGolfZag View Post
                      The key to a Natty may be a couple of players with an attitude like “Beth”
                      Rip is more constructively nasty.

Comment

Rip is more constructively nasty.
                        Yup, one of each

Comment

Originally posted by daskim View Post
                          That team never took a night off. Mark Few said as much. NO matter the opponent, that team came out ready to battle. I think this team has a different identity, and we probably can't hold these guys to the same standard. It's got youth, flash, and swagger. But not the blue collar approach that the '17 and even the '21 squads had. Last year's team had a couple of WCC games that were not particularly inspiring... and after the '17 squad lost to BYU, they hardly looked like the same team for a handful of games. To think this crew wouldn't have the potential for a lackluster game after falling to Duke is probably a touch obtuse. (Let's just hope they shake it off before Saturday.)

There are some out there who say that athletes who play for elite programs have more than one Mode. On some nights some guys find it hard to Get Up for a game against a Drab Opponent. Perhaps it's unreasonable to think they can always give peak effort when the lights aren't shining as bright. I buy this theory. It's human nature to match effort with perceived rewards, and these guys are young humans at that. But this group has a collective mass of talents that are pretty unique. And there is TONS of room for improvement.

The ceiling is at least as high for this team as the '17 and '21 teams, but the floor is probably a little lower as well. That's my take.
                          Originally posted by Coach Few
                          We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                            You know the Zags won last night don’t you?

I know, I know. Everybody has a right to their opinion … but I have the right to say the opinion of some Johnny Come Lately’s really bug me.
                            Steady and consistent, GZ. But there were some issues.
                            "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

Originally posted by ZagLawGrad View Post
                              Steady and consistent, GZ. But there were some issues.
                              Sure. There were plenty of issues.

And this was the type of game that usually hits the Zags when the students are home for Christmas. Maybe that was one of the differences between this game and others where the Zags weren’t able to dig deep and get a win.

So sure …. feel free to think this game was a debacle.

I will choose to look at this as a game where Gonzaga was firing on about half their cylinders and still managed to get a tough “W”. If you want to call me a “homer” …. then go for it. No need to self delete your posts.
                              sigpic
                              “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                              ——-
                              List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                              Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

Credit goes to the Texans and their coach.....great effort .....

Comment

Working...
                                X