No announcement yet.

Other Games - TUE - 11. 30. 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without Banchero they come down to earth… get Moore in trouble on top and they’re soft
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Duke didn't get the calls - and they lost.

Comment

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
        Without Banchero they come down to earth… get Moore in trouble on top and they’re soft
        liddell outplayed banchero...not many guys can cancel out banchero single-handedly

also, tosu shot 40% from 3...duke 28.6% (exact same percentage zags shot against them)

duke similar to zags...keep them out of transition and your odds go up significantly...zags had too many turnovers and poor transition d

Comment

So far the Big Ten is 6 and 1 against the ACC. Syracuse salvaged the ACC's only win against Indiana on its own court in double overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
            So far the Big Ten is 6 and 1 against the ACC. Syracuse salvaged the ACC's only win against Indiana on its own court in double overtime.
            wake also beat northwestern...also in OT

Comment

BELLERMINE 55
              West Virginia 74

Hawaii 58
              SANTA CLARA 70

PEPPERDINE 66
              Nevada 79
              But we don't play nobody.

Comment

They shot 22%in the 2nd half too.

Comment

Gonzaga stays almost a week in Vegas and plays 3 games in that span and is gassed the first game back from Vegas. Duke spends 4 nights in Vegas and plays one game then their first game back from Vegas they run out of gas late in the second half of that game. It’s hard playing back to back quality games. The only difference is Duke lost to an above average Ohio State team and Zags lost to a top 5 team in Duke. Duke is a better team than Ohio State and they choked after leading by 13 at half.

Comment

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                    BELLERMINE 55
                    West Virginia 74

Hawaii 58
                    SANTA CLARA 70

PEPPERDINE 66
                    Nevada 79
                    Pepperdine just perplexes me...such a beautiful campus and cannot recruit and am sure the gym and its facilities have a bearing on recruiting but still, it is such a shame...

Itr is obvious PU does not want to spend money on its basketball programs and having a good or mediocre coach has no bearing on their success...

Comment

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
                      Pepperdine just perplexes me...such a beautiful campus and cannot recruit and am sure the gym and its facilities have a bearing on recruiting but still, it is such a shame...

Itr is obvious PU does not want to spend money on its basketball programs and having a good or mediocre coach has no bearing on their success...

The year that Mark Few took over Gonzaga was the year the Pepperdine blasted Bobby Knight’s Hoosiers in the Big Dance. That Waves team played relentless full-court pressure with speed and depth at every position. They were reminiscent of the UNLV teams from a decade before them. They looked like an emerging power program on the West Coast. I was afraid that they would surpass and choke off Gonzaga as the exciting new program in college basketball.

They couldn’t sustain it.

I wonder if they regret firing coach Marty Wilson. Coach Romar was not an upgrade.
                      “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

In addition to their 3pt % surpassing Zags, the key thing Ohio State was able to do vs Duke that Zags did not was getting the ball inside to their post player Zed Key (6’8” 245) who scored 20 on 8-15 shooting and got Duke’s bigs in foul trouble. OSU called for 14 fouls, Duke called for 23 fouls.
                        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

My favorite part near the end was when Banchero caught the Ohio St player with a wicked elbow to the face, and Koach got up out of his chair to call for a flop warning.

https://youtu.be/9ajRENCbFWM?t=1186

Comment

Duke scored 23 points in the second half, and gave up 41. In the last four and a half minutes, they were out scored 12 to zip.

Makes that article yesterday about being number 1 in everything a little idiotic.

Comment

saw this comment about ESPN reporting Banchero loses 7lbs sweating per game.

Again, if Paolo loses seven pounds, Sean Miller and Bruce Pearl would be in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                                saw this comment about ESPN reporting Banchero loses 7lbs sweating per game.

Again, if Paolo loses seven pounds, Sean Miller and Bruce Pearl would be in shape.
                                That’s the height of fawning. ESPN is shameless.

Comment

Working...
                                X