Clear All

Pretty simple for me..............

12 or fewer TO's

35+% from 3

Victory over anyone in CBB.

ZAGS by 10, say 80-70.

Go ZAGS

Comment

Not buying into the doom and gloom. TSU game was a combination of being 4th game in 8 days and a well coached team that, while out-skilled, had a single game plan, and honestly a touch of overconfidence on the Zags part.

They are coming into Seattle rested and I am quite sure Few will have them more than ready.

Bama has played basically nobody. Zags are the first ranked team they have played. The barely beat South Alabama (1-3)... lost to Iona. Best win is against Miami who is 4-3 against weak competition save Dayton (who beat them)??

If they want uptempo, they'll play right into the Zags hands.

Zags 92
      Tide 78
      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Originally posted by Therunner View Post
        Bama could boat race us

They have scored 90+ 3 times this season

Fast, athletic, uptempo, transition team.

Ranked Top 10 til losing to upstart Iona program under Rick Pitino

They crushed their last 2 opponents, including Miami by 30.

We continue to play sticky hero ball (only 9 assists last game), we will get run outta the gym.

Not sure what team shows up?

We seem deflated, careless, tired, & lackadaisical right now.

Was it Vegas hangover or team dynamics? We shall see.

Find a 2nd ball screen option outside only Nembhard. Rasir is opportunistic yet we never run plays for him. Dumb. Its precisely what Duke keyed on. Nembhard looks like he's still reminiscing the UCLA game. Play Sallis more. Play Timme less -- he's tired and weary legged. Utilize Hickman as a primary ballhandler not just a gimmick to get the ball across half court. Let Watson control ball on hi lo action. Run plays to get Bolton shots. Switch up defenses. Press more, it worked vs Texas, barely seen it since. Chet just launches random 3's yet could be worth running catch and shoot action for him. Find a leader, this team desperately needs one.
        Perfect Rx. But agree w Hoop, Sallis not there yet.
        Last edited by jazzdelmar; 12-01-2021, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Zags 88
          Tide Rollers 82
          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            Perfect Rx. But agree w Hoop, Sallis not there yet.
            I want to be clear.....I have not given up on Hunter...I see awesome potential..........and i suspect he will get a 4-5 minute run in first half to see if he can translate game planning to action on court............that seems to be his biggest issue from my view as he HAS all the skill sets to be a tremendous player but just seems to be on his own page of the game plan and to be frank Coach Few has historically not stood for that and cant run risk of voids in tight ball games second half
            Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

86-72 Zags
              Go Zags!

Comment

76-69 gonzaga

Comment

91 - 75 us over them

Pace and style of play more favorable to us than last two games, and as noted above I expect to the boys to shake off the cobwebs.
                  Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

What's wild about Hunter and Hickman

Those are players who could STILL be one & dones here.

Not because they're ready -- far from it -- yet they've been on NBA radars since they were Juniors in HS. Being watched closely during summer all star games/circuits.

We assume they will be back, yet an equally good chance they won't be if they want to take/make the jump.

We see 7th or 8th rotation guys from the Duke's and Kentucky's of the world drafted as formerly elite recruits.

They were high profile and ranked enough to snag a draft spot.

We hope they come back, yet outside Jalen and now Chet we haven't had players like them. I'd expect both to return yet certainly not 100%

Comment

95 - 72 GU

Comment

Gonzaga 84
                        Alabama 72

What I hope to see: better 3 point shooting, make at least 7 of them and hoping for 8; fewer turnovers> not more than 13.
                        I'd like to see Holmgren get 20 poingts and Bolton 17. Would like to see Nembhard break out of his slump. I would alos like to see Watson score 10 points. that would really be awesome.

Go Zags!!!
                        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

bot my tickets many months ago
                          ticketmaster has still not mailed my tickets , wtf ??
                          it is also impossible to communicate with them, just read their endless links and FAQ's
                          I hate ticketmaster. No human will speak to me. The machine's algorithymns are all i get.
                          They got my money months ago. All they have to do is mail the tickets to my address as I requested.

Comment

I hope to see Nolan Hickman have a breakout performance in his hometown and outshine fellow 5* PG frosh for Alabama, JD Davison:
                            * Rated as a consensus five-star prospect by ESPN, Rivals and 247Sports and one of the highest-rated recruits to ever sign with the Alabama men's basketball program
                            * Ranked by 247Sports.com as the No. 9 overall player in the nation and the No. 1 point guard
                            * Averaging 24 mpg; 8pts; hair under 5 assists pg; 3 TO's pg
                            * Zag hair

Alabama looks like a perimeter oriented offensive team so hopefully Timme and Chet can stay out of foul trouble. They are a good defensive team.
                            I am cautiously optimistic Zags come locked in and perform at a high level....maybe my biggest hope is we see nothing but positive body language from Zags on the court; no whining to refs and gesturing at teammates....Timme really disappointed me with his hands in the air gesture toward Strawther after a poor post entry pass that resulted in a TO the last game.

Zags 87
                            Bama 73
                            Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                              I hope to see Nolan Hickman have a breakout performance in his hometown and outshine fellow 5* PG frosh for Alabama, JD Davison:
                              * Rated as a consensus five-star prospect by ESPN, Rivals and 247Sports and one of the highest-rated recruits to ever sign with the Alabama men's basketball program
                              * Ranked by 247Sports.com as the No. 9 overall player in the nation and the No. 1 point guard
                              * Averaging 24 mpg; 8pts; hair under 5 assists pg; 3 TO's pg
                              * Zag hair

Alabama looks like a perimeter oriented offensive team so hopefully Timme and Chet can stay out of foul trouble. They are a good defensive team.
                              I am cautiously optimistic Zags come locked in and perform at a high level....maybe my biggest hope is we see nothing but positive body language from Zags on the court; no whining to refs and gesturing at teammates....Timme really disappointed me with his hands in the air gesture toward Strawther after a poor post entry pass that resulted in a TO the last game.

Zags 87
                              Bama 73
                              Nova reject Jahvon Quinerly was a pretty highly rated PG as well.....

https://247sports.com/player/jahvon-quinerly-85007/

Comment

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                                bot my tickets many months ago
                                ticketmaster has still not mailed my tickets , wtf ??
                                it is also impossible to communicate with them, just read their endless links and FAQ's
                                I hate ticketmaster. No human will speak to me. The machine's algorithymns are all i get.
                                They got my money months ago. All they have to do is mail the tickets to my address as I requested.
                                I share your disdain for Ticketmaster, but hopefully you have your tickets or at least an indication they are on the way. I received an email at 1:00 pm west coast time, which told me my seat location. It had a link to Ticketmaster, which once followed, led me to my tickets (almost) as it simply said I could view and save my tickets after 5 pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X