GU vs Alabama - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GU vs Alabama - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Zags are facing a tough Crimson Tide team in Seattle. Zags are coming off a loss to Duke and tight win over Tarleton State. Bama has one loss, to Iona, and came back with wins over Drake and Miami.ill the Zags get all the cobwebs out and play their game or will the Tide roll and beat the Zags?

What are you hoping to see on Saturday? Expecting to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!

GO ZAGS!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Zags 92-82

Comment

I want to see some rested players punching Alabama in the mouth at the beginning of the game. Want to see limited turnovers, crisp passing, solid three point shooting, and solid defense for 40 minutes. Nembhard and Timme get back on track.

Comment

If we see the intensity and lock in that we witnessed vs UCLA than I feel great.
        Zags 85
        Bama74
        America's Team!

Comment

Bama could boat race us

They have scored 90+ 3 times this season

Fast, athletic, uptempo, transition team.

Ranked Top 10 til losing to upstart Iona program under Rick Pitino

They crushed their last 2 opponents, including Miami by 30.

We continue to play sticky hero ball (only 9 assists last game), we will get run outta the gym.

Not sure what team shows up?

We seem deflated, careless, tired, & lackadaisical right now.

Was it Vegas hangover or team dynamics? We shall see.

Find a 2nd ball screen option outside only Nembhard. Rasir is opportunistic yet we never run plays for him. Dumb. Its precisely what Duke keyed on. Nembhard looks like he's still reminiscing the UCLA game. Play Sallis more. Play Timme less -- he's tired and weary legged. Utilize Hickman as a primary ballhandler not just a gimmick to get the ball across half court. Let Watson control ball on hi lo action. Run plays to get Bolton shots. Switch up defenses. Press more, it worked vs Texas, barely seen it since. Chet just launches random 3's yet could be worth running catch and shoot action for him. Find a leader, this team desperately needs one.

Comment

Originally posted by HenneZag View Post
            If we see the intensity and lock in that we witnessed vs UCLA than I feel great.
            Big if but I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Therunner View Post
              Bama could boat race us

They have scored 90+ 3 times this season

Fast, athletic, uptempo, transition team.

Ranked Top 10 til losing to upstart Iona program under Rick Pitino

They crushed their last 2 opponents, including Miami by 30.

We continue to play sticky hero ball (only 9 assists last game), we will get run outta the gym.

Not sure what team shows up?

We seem deflated, careless, tired, & lackadaisical right now.

Was it Vegas hangover or team dynamics? We shall see.

Find a 2nd ball screen option outside only Nembhard. Rasir is opportunistic yet we never run plays for him. Dumb. Its precisely what Duke keyed on. Nembhard looks like he's still reminiscing the UCLA game. Play Sallis more. Play Timme less -- he's tired and weary legged. Utilize Hickman as a primary ballhandler not just a gimmick to get the ball across half court. Let Watson control ball on hi lo action. Run plays to get Bolton shots. Switch up defenses. Press more, it worked vs Texas, barely seen it since. Chet just launches random 3's yet could be worth running catch and shoot action for him. Find a leader, this team desperately needs one.
              Yes on a lot. No on the sallis more he simply does not understand roles and responsibilities on either side of ball yet
              Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

Tide 90
                Zags 74

Bama packs the paint against Timme to force a lot of outside shots, where the 3pt shooting woes continues to drag them down.

Comment

I think the Tarleton game was a natural letdown and shouldn't be viewed as the way the Zags will continue to play ball going forward. Coming off a tough loss to a tough team (who themselves lost tonight - where's the doom and gloom with them?), after a week of being the biggest thing in college basketball in the craziest city in the world, seeing your name and faces literally lighting up the Strip, playing in front of the largest crowd ever to witness a basketball game in the state of Nevada, of course the could be a letdown and possibly overlooking a perceived inferior opponent. I'm betting that Monday night was an aberration, and not the new normal. They'll have five days off, one week+ to get Vegas out of their thoughts, and the coaching staff will have them focused and ready to play. And they'll have a much better 3pt performance than last night.

Zags - 88
                  Alabama University - 80
                  My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Comment

Zags 85-70

Comment

Good bounce back game for zags, zags win 84-74

Comment

Drive Out Those Devils

An Exercise in Exorcise, a PO'd poem
                        <ahem>
                        Bam-bam on 'Bama,
                        Bam till they puke.
                        Still mad as [email protected],
                        'Bout Koach Pickle and Dook.

-------
                        Zags -- 88
                        Tide -- 72

:[
                        Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

88 GU
                          69 AU

Comment

Hope to see a win in person! Heading to Seattle to connect with my mom and some siblings! Can’t wait!
                            The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

Our weaknesses have been exposed. Foul trouble and not enough three's made will hurt the Zags
                              Tide 83
                              Zags 75

Comment

Working...
                              X