Our D's biggest problem.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our D's biggest problem.....

is closeouts. 2 and 3x a possession we are finding ourselves scrambling, wildly out of position due to undisciplined closeouts.

I'm not sure if it's a philosophy or effort thing but it HAS to be corrected if they want to make any noise come march.

It's been an issue all season but has jumped off the screen in this game.

Biggest problem is Zags don’t play D. And never met a 3 pt shot they care to defend.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

I didn't understand why our guards were going under screens and helping on drives so much.

Comment

Yes, 3 pt D was a hot mess, free throws were disgusting, but most importantly, the last 3 games show a blueprint on how to disrupt our half court offense, get up on our guards and cause issues with passing lanes. Makes our ball screen and pick and roll offense difficult.
        GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

Now I know how Detroit Lions fans feel (well, not really, but close enough). We had a chance to win, but gakked.
          The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
            Now I know how Detroit Lions fans feel (well, not really, but close enough). We had a chance to win, but gakked.
            Yeah. I felt that way, too.

We had what? 5-6 trips down the floor down 4, where if we'd have gotten it to 2-1, the place would've erupted and I think carried it from there, and they just never put the ball in the hoop, even missing front ends, TWICE, down by 4
            Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
            Mark Twain.

Comment

…..it allows the other team scores too many points. That’s Zags D main problem.

Comment

Chet needs to be a featured player. Like Suggs. Not a 2d or 3d option. Right now we have no effective first option.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                  Chet needs to be a featured player. Like Suggs. Not a 2d or 3d option. Right now we have no effective first option.
                  I’d like to start with on the court for the last 6 minutes of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarenyon View Post
                    Yes, 3 pt D was a hot mess, free throws were disgusting, but most importantly, the last 3 games show a blueprint on how to disrupt our half court offense, get up on our guards and cause issues with passing lanes. Makes our ball screen and pick and roll offense difficult.
                    Our primary response to poor 1/2 court offense last season was an aggressive press that put us in transition all the time. Now that we can’t get into transition as well, we suffer. Have to either get a functional 1/2 court offense or figure out how to turn the defense back on.
                    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Last year's team could really pass and score in transition....it was a beautiful thing to watch....

Comment

Zags shot higher percentage of 3’s….

Comment

I don't see Chet as a dominant offensive player. Good yes, but Timme is a better scorer and doesn't get pushed around so easily. Chet needs weight really badly. Making Chet the featured offensive player would not solve any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by NEC26 View Post
                            I don't see Chet as a dominant offensive player. Good yes, but Timme is a better scorer and doesn't get pushed around so easily. Chet needs weight really badly. Making Chet the featured offensive player would not solve any problems.
                            neither one made free throws tonight

Comment

Featured how? Chet’s not the kind of player (at this point) that you just dump it to on the low post. He can’t hold position or back guys down and if they get into his body he can’t lift for turnarounds.

He’s unreal on defense and smart on offense, but I don’t see how you can “feature” him at this point. Maybe put him in more ball screens for pick and pops etc, but he isn’t exactly shooting the lights out. I love the kid, just don’t see how you can feature him and have him get you 25 a game.
                              john montana
                              http://carponthefly.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X