Are we missing Tommy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
    So they're communicating with players that are still active on rosters? That certainly seems like some sort of NCAA violation if that was the case, but maybe the rules are different for college; that would be tampering in the league.
    Just how did you get to this from what Flex said? Are you just making things up to get attention? Quick question do you think that Tommy was the only coach who recruited for Gonzaga? If so you may want to spend some time and look at who was the lead recruiter for the top players from recent years. Oh and I think Few probably talked to potential players prior to them being on campus. Not to say Tommy did not recruit but to say he was the only coach is a less than smart take.

This whole thread is just silly. Does Tommy moving on impact this team? Yes, just like losing Suggs, Ayayi, Kispert, and Cook impacted this years team. Adjustments need to be made but all the sky is falling crowd needs to take beat and look at the big picture. I really wonder how any of you enjoy rooting for teams that do not win each game by 50 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoZags View Post
      You are right. Expect sanctions (and the end of this cute little run).

Woe is me.

Wish Few knew something …. anything. He’s not even flailing and flopping anymore. He’s like a trout on the end of a hook that has just given up.

Woe is me.
      Well then

Comment

• Originally posted by vandalzag View Post
        Just how did you get to this from what Flex said? Are you just making things up to get attention?.
        Few and staff just may be out in front of the strange new world of recruiting in these immediately eligible transfers times. Perhaps it is not a coincidence only one recruit has been signed from Class of 2022 so far; maybe Few et al are more focused on adding to the 2021-22 squad via transfer portal rather than high school recruiting.
        Flex was mentioning focusing on the transfer portal for '21-'22. I made the observation that it would seem difficult to do at this point since we're not even at the half-way point of the season and that it certainly would be odd for the staff to be communicating with potential transfers, but the rules could be different for the NCAA vs. the Pros in this regard. Not sure how that is me trying to "get attention" but whatever floats your boat.

Additionally, in years past, there have been many foreign recruits that seemed to come out of nowhere, due to Lloyd being the lead on foreign recruits. His pipeline doesn't exist anymore, so the chances of landing top foreign talent seems to have greatly diminished. Jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by vandalzag View Post

This whole thread is just silly. Does Tommy moving on impact this team? Yes, just like losing Suggs, Ayayi, Kispert, and Cook impacted this years team. Adjustments need to be made but all the sky is falling crowd needs to take beat and look at the big picture. I really wonder how any of you enjoy rooting for teams that do not win each game by 50 points.
          QFT
          sigpic
          “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
          ——-
          List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
          Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            Even as an Uber fan here, how can you ignore the loss of an asset like Tommy.
            The same way the Zags dealt with the loss of an asset like Sabonis.
            They move on.
            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• For the transfer market the Zags will continue to be the first team to reach out (or close to it). They backed off others this past year when they got Bolton. I assume they will pick up multiple transfers next year. We need a strong big next year so that is one priority. The other one would be a shooter. 2023 is a big target for high school players. The coaches won’t cheat. Zags have solid recruiters in Michaelson and Powell and I think the contributions by Gentry will start to see some impact.

Comment

• Originally posted by willandi View Post
                The same way the Zags dealt with the loss of an asset like Sabonis.
                They move on.
                Absolutely.....missing Tommy is not the same as a collapse of the program.....much of this thread is just silly...

Comment

• False dichotomies seem to be the spirit of this age.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                    False dichotomies seem to be the spirit of this age.
                    "Equivalents," maybe?

Comment

False dichotomies seem to be the spirit of this age.
                      Panic (false or otherwise) seems to be the order of the day ..... with some.

The Zags will be okay.
                      sigpic
                      “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                      ——-
                      List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                      Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                        "Equivalents," maybe?
                        The thought was: Either this or that, and no room for anything in between.

One can miss a coach or player without it being catastrophic, permanent, or what have you. Many time the horns of a dilemma can be split by another option. It seems to be used a lot to label persons by associating them with a boogey man, or to polarize opinions when there is room for agreement in the middle.

Comment

• This 9-day hiatus between games seems to be hard on board regulars.

Comment

• In 2012, we changed the Smith-Mundt Act in the US. This law previously stopped using US propaganda against US citizens (think Voice of America internationally).

Everything is now polarized as most have adopted military-grade propaganda techniques. Social media has amplified these tactics.

Can I miss Tommy and be happy with our team at the same time? I'd like to think so but some would prefer to place you in a group based on one opinion. This false dilemma has been hell on these boards and is ruining friendships and families. I hope we can get past it.
                            Ihre Papiere bitte

Comment

The thought was: Either this or that, and no room for anything in between.

One can miss a coach or player without it being catastrophic, permanent, or what have you. Many time the horns of a dilemma can be split by another option. It seems to be used a lot to label persons by associating them with a boogey man, or to polarize opinions when there is room for agreement in the middle.
                              Is this Norm Crosby? J/k

Comment

• Originally posted by dcc View Post
                                This 9-day hiatus between games seems to be hard on board regulars.
                                I mean, I started a thread to discuss what an amazing rebounder Joe Few is, but nobody took the bait.

Comment

Working...
                                X