No announcement yet.

Where Art Thou Chet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fwiw, on his Locked In podcast Andy Patton expressed dismay at Few’s benching of Chet, suggesting an explanation is in order as to why it was done. No bigger fan of GU than Andy. Otoh, on another podcast Meehan went on for 20 mins about the game without referencing the move, and host Larry Weir, who hadn’t seen the game, never quizzed Jim on it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
      And whatever happened to him after he chose to stay at Gonzaga?

And although it isn't the same as Kelly's redshirt year, you can BELIEVE that Chet is undergoing a version of the "Olynyk Clinic".
      Exactly, makes my point — it’s up to the kid — and it makes yours — it usually works out.

Comment

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
        Or maybe ... just maybe Chet actually believes what he's said. That there is a lot for him to learn and he IS learning. Same as Jalen said last year.

And then there's that other guy (can't remember his name) ... but his mom and dad said there wasn't another person in the world they'd trust more than Mark Few for their son while he was away at college. Nuts. Still can't remember that guy's name, but his mom and dad's name are Ingrida and Arvydas.

All isn't loss, despite ALL of the cold water that's being thrown the Zags' (and Few's) way.

Woe is me. Woe is me. The Sky is falling. Woe is me.
        DOOMED..and where is Chet? He is starting for one of the best NCAA teams in the country. He is learning and contributing and is in line to sign a multi million dollar contract after this year or the next.

Where are YOU people coming from and where are YOU going?
        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Yeah, nothing Chet or his family have ever said would indicate he’d up and leave during the season while playing for one of the best teams in the country. That’s obviously not in play.

Our chances of winning the game Saturday went down because Chet was out of the game. If there’s a lesson they’re trying to teach him that will help us later in the year.. I hope it works out. I personally disagree with sitting him but generally leave those things up to the people with proven success who are around the team every day. 100% should have been asked about, though.

Comment

If the media would just ask Few he would offer an explanation and there would not be this vacuum filled with speculation .....

Comment

There are such a thing as bad games individually and as a team. The other team can also play better than expected. A really good team minimizes both of those effects. The Zags showed a lot of fortitude playing there way into that game in the second half (multiple times). An 18 point deficit (or whatever it was) is hard to overcome. Hopefully, come March, this team will recognize a hot hand early and adjust more quickly. This team was loaded with experience last year and had a similar experience with getting punched in the mouth against Baylor. I’m hoping they can learn from this now to avoid it in the future.

That said, Chet hasn’t shown a good enough shot to be green lighted to shoot threes whenever he wants and he needs to know game situations better. He is 7 feet tall and will always be open out there, so he needs to hunt for better shots.

Comment

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                That said, Chet hasn’t shown a good enough shot to be green lighted to shoot threes whenever he wants and he needs to know game situations better. He is 7 feet tall and will always be open out there, so he needs to hunt for better shots.
                Wasn't he shooting over 40% from 3, just a few games ago?
                Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                  Chet’s distant shot is just as good — or bad — as anyone’s on the team. I saw nothing wrong with any of his missed 3s. If they go in, all is well. Sharpshooter Straw (4-12) had several clankers from distance as well. The kid is 7 feet his trajectory looks very different from most. My opinion, Few made a McClellan-esque mistake forgetting about the kid and, as yet, has not owned up to it, as he eventually did with Mac.
                  Last edited by jazzdelmar; 12-07-2021, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I really don't think he forgot about Chet.....

Comment

Chet is one of the best shooters on the team. Keep shooting.

Comment

Pulling best shot blocker and rebounder for last 6 minutes of a close game has a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                          I posted something and edited it because I don’t like sounding too critical of the players. I will leave it at not being confident in his shot yet in big moments.
                          Last edited by JPtheBeasta; 12-07-2021, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                            Pulling best shot blocker and rebounder for last 6 minutes of a close game has a reason.
                            Keep an eye on Chet's left knee when he is playing and off the floor. He looks like he might have quietly tweaked it. Its not readily noticeable but he was rubbing it once he was put on the bench after he was taken out. With that said he was completely out spent and lacked physical strength in the 2nd half against Alabama. They were pushing him around and running around him with ease despite Chet trying to stay in the game. Glad Few took him out because it was clear if he kept playing he might have gotten really hurt. I'm thinking he did tweak his knee a little against Bama.

Comment

Originally posted by basketballzag View Post
                              Keep an eye on Chet's left knee when he is playing and off the floor. He looks like he might have quietly tweaked it. Its not readily noticeable but he was rubbing it once he was put on the bench after he was taken out. With that said he was completely out spent and lacked physical strength in the 2nd half against Alabama. They were pushing him around and running around him with ease despite Chet trying to stay in the game. Glad Few took him out because it was clear if he kept playing he might have gotten really hurt. I'm thinking he did tweak his knee a little against Bama.
                              great observation. Team posted photos today on social media and Chet has kinetic tape on that knee. doesn't look serious (?) but there's smoke
                              Originally posted by Coach Few
                              We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by basketballzag View Post
                                this makes sense. And why nobody is talking

Comment

Working...
                                X