Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
    Perfectly stated caduceus.
    Agreed. My thoughts and best wishes for healing are with WooHoo, his family, and his medical team.

Comment

When I think of Zag fans, Gozagswoohoo is always the first one that comes to mind. Get well young man.
      "Neck-ties are just maxi pads for your throat." - Ted Williams

Comment

Praying daily for you Nathan. Love your posts, positivity, and of course your friend Frances. Hope to see you again in Vegas when you have recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by caduceus View Post
          It's WooHoo time!

I'll add, this hit me hard. WooHoo has messaged me several times, always with his grace and fervor for the Zags. Everyone knows he's a random guy with an issue with time zones and goats and MSPaint, with no prior connections to Gonzaga that over time became a beloved fellow poster from a place far away from Spokane. I know a lot of alums and friends that don't have the heart that Nathan has. I was blown away by the video of his man-cave of Zag memorabilia. His love of our team goes far, far beyond most Zag fans. He has had bracelets and other memorabilia that he's shared with all of us at games and get togethers. Who wouldn't admit that he might be the greatest fan in the history of greatest Zag fans? I won't argue, but none of that matters now.

It's hard not to have a heavy heart having seen this thread. I've taken care of hundreds and hundreds of ventilated patients. It's never easy, and I can totally picture the scene of a stricken beloved individual on a breathing machine. It's the last defense. In all of my observational interpretations of Nathan (with his backwards hat, his travels with his kids, and his cameos on Seattle television), he's a pretty young and active individual. My gamble is he's going to get though this. At this point, he's going to have a long recovery, but I can't wait for the point when he starts a post about his comeback and the hundreds of posts and updates where he makes it back to a normal family life. That's my hope anyway. I've never met him in person, but I feel like I have (Allow myself to introduce....myself...).

He's clearly supported by so many. I am one of them. In my experience, having seen so many people in this situation, I will just add my support, and just say that any of you who haven't gotten vaccinated, this is the point where the rubber hits the road. Please do so. It's the number one way of protecting yourself from this awful, awful virus.

Much love to my Zag friends,

=cad=
          +100
          “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
            Perfectly stated caduceus.
            +1. perfect.
            Originally posted by Coach Few
            We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

Prayers. Take care, Woohoo and family.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to Nathan and his entire family, wife, two boys, mother, father to all those connected. Certainly a frightening time for him and his family. Best wishes for speedy and full recovery. Will be thinking of you all and praying for you.

Comment

His wife posted this update on FB:

Quick update… yesterday was a rough day with bad news after bad news. They decided to flip him on his stomach to see if that would increase his stats as he wasn’t responding well even with 100% oxygen from the vent on his back. They were going to give a paralytic but decided against it luckily bc his stats started to improve on his stomach! (The first good news we’ve been given!). They told me he is still very critical and this is a marathon not a sprint, said he could be on a vent for a couple of weeks.
                  Please keep praying for Nathan.
                  "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Thank you for the update, LIZF. Still praying.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaglaw View Post
                      Thank you for the update, LIZF. Still praying.
                      I'll try to update whenever she posts one... She is able to be with him which is good.
                      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                        ... She is able to be with him which is good.
                        Wow ... wonderful news, LIZF.
                        sigpic
                        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                        ——-
                        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

Hard to hear about such a great person being in such a scary and painful situation, for him and his family. I hope he survives.

Get your vaccine people, WooHoo is a relatively young guy.
                          "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                          -Zach Norvell Jr.

Comment

Nathan's wife Ashley posted this on Facebook earlier today. Since it is already in the public domain and I know many here are concerned and/or praying here is the latest on Woohoo:

Quick update… yesterday was a rough day with bad news after bad news. They decided to flip him
                            on his stomach to see if that would increase his stats as he wasn’t responding well even with 100% oxygen from the vent on his back. They were going to give a paralytic but decided against it luckily bc his stats started to improve on his stomach! (The first good news we’ve been given!). They told me he is still very critical and this is a marathon not a sprint, said he could be on a vent for a couple of weeks. This all seems like a nightmare I’m going to wake up from, I will not picture a life without him, I can’t. It’s going to be a long road so please pray for strength as I need that for my children and my husband. I am luckily able to be with him, I’ve been praying over him and reading him his Bible! To see him in this state is the hardest thing I have ever had to witness… he is my everything! Please keep praying as things seem to be changing hour by hour. I felt Gods presence on me last night and it was the most peaceful calming moment of my life… He is and will continue to be my rock through this no matter the outcome. God loves my husband even more than I do (which has to be an awful lot!) He is holding him in His hands and that I can depend on! Thank you all for all you’ve done, you mean the world to us.

Comment

Wow. Beautiful post. Prayers up for Woohoo ...

Comment

Portrait of love and devotion. Remarkable woman.

Comment

Working...
                                X