X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    This was buried deep at the end of a CBS Sports dot com article:

Gonzaga willing, wanting to edit schedule in-season
    "Mark Few found himself with more time on his hands than he wanted in recent days. Gonzaga's game vs. Washington last weekend was canceled on account of the Huskies missing a third game due to COVID. The No. 5 Zags are now slated for a 29-game season, instead of the 31 allowed. Few told me he's searching/hoping to get at least one more added.

"It's not going to be as easy as last year," he said. "I'm going to try like crazy. We're down another game because our MTE was only two games instead of three, so we have some wiggle room. We'll have to see what presents itself. We do have a couple of byes in the league and have to see if we can work within those parameters."

Basically, Gonzaga is going to have to wait on a team that finds itself in the same situation -- wanting a game and having an open spot after losing a date due to COVID. No guarantee of that, but COVID is starting to wreak havoc across sports again. Penn State and Seton Hall, on Thursday morning, became the latest to announce COVID pauses, so an opportunity could arise.
    "
    ================================================

So, we MIGHT get another game or two. Would have to be in Jan or Feb. I checked our entire sched, and unless we are willing to play 3 games in a week, our only open dates are Jan 22 and Feb 17.
    Getting a game vs Top 25 opponent on February 17th would be great way to prep for the tourney. I am with LIZF though, not 100% convinced this season is going to finish. I won't be surprised if lots of games get cancelled yet the tournament still happens.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
      Honestly, the way things are going right now, I am not 100% convinced this season is going to finish.
      Jeff Goodman, via twitter, posted this in the last hour:

Here’s the updated list of programs either paused or actively canceling games due to COVID:

Akron
      Cornell
      Cleveland State
      DePaul
      Ohio State
      Penn State
      Seton Hall
      Syracuse
      Tulane
      UCLA
      I hope that list doesn't grow. . .starting to feel like March 2020. . .as Yogi Berra once put it: This feels like deja vu all over again.
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

The trend is not our friend.

unless those in control change policy this season is circling the drain IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
          @DukeMBB
          UPDATE: Saturday's game vs Loyola (MD) has been canceled following an announcement by Loyola of positive COVID-19 results within its program.
          We're actively pursuing an opponent for tomorrow.
          Those holding tickets should stand by for communication from the Duke Ticket Office.

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

I thought it was interesting when I looked at UW's schedule after our game was cancelled. Their 12/2 game vs Arizona was "postponed" but their game scheduled for 3 days later is listed as forfeited and a W for UCLA. Very odd.......

Comment

unless those in control change policy this season is circling the drain IMO.
              Chaos is a ladder - maybe we'll have a couple of cupcakes cancelled and get some higher quality opponents before league play

Comment

Count me as not concerned. Florida’s numbers were super high, now they’re super low. The states who enacted strict controls are now super high. It’ll flatten before too long - maybe in a month.

Be safe. Get jabbed (imo). Love and respect your fellow neighbor and their opinions and GO BULLDOGS!

Comment

Florida State's game on Saturday against UCF has been cancelled due to issues related to COVID-19, per release.

Cincinnati’s game against Texas Southern tomorrow has been canceled due to COVID issues within the Texas Southern program, source told
                  @Stadium

Texas Southern plays such a brutal ( first 9 on the road ) schedule. . .higher likelihood for exposure due to travel ??

Comment

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
                    Count me as not concerned. Florida’s numbers were super high, now they’re super low. The states who enacted strict controls are now super high. It’ll flatten before too long - maybe in a month.

Be safe. Get jabbed (imo). Love and respect your fellow neighbor and their opinions and GO BULLDOGS!
                    Ummm... Their cases doubled in the last 2 days.
                    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

The NFL will allow asymptomatic Vaccinated players to test positive and still play…

Just heard this....not sure its so clear

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1471585006069899275

Comment

The NFL will allow asymptomatic Vaccinated players to test positive and still play…

Just heard this....not sure its so clear

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1471585006069899275
                        SHOW ME THE MONEY!
                        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                          Ummm... Their cases doubled in the last 2 days.
                          Florida has been the lowest, or among the lowest, for quite some time. They’re still quite low comparatively (maybe still the lowest. We’ll need to wait a week or two to see if any blips are a sign of an inflection point).Here’s a map from The NY Times. Scroll to the map showing hot spots. It might take a minute to load. New England and Great Lakes area is highest.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

Again, I see this as a wave pattern, and since different policies were enacted in different areas, the timing of the wave is not consistent. It’ll subside imo

Comment

Florida has been the lowest, or among the lowest, for quite some time. They’re still quite low comparatively (maybe still the lowest. We’ll need to wait a week or two to see if any blips are a sign of an inflection point).Here’s a map from The NY Times. Scroll to the map showing hot spots. It might take a minute to load. New England and Great Lakes area is highest.

Again, I see this as a wave pattern, and since different policies were enacted in different areas, the timing of the wave is not consistent. It’ll subside imo

Covid is an indoor disease. Hot places like Florida had high infection rates when people were inside escaping the heat and humidity of summer. Now that it is winter, Northern states are experiencing high infection rates.

We have also collectively outlasted the due date of the "vaccines", apparently 5 to 6 months. (Vaccines in quotes because my personal definition of a vaccine includes treatments like the MMR or polio vaccines that actually prevent you permanently from getting the disease.)

On a personal note, I highly recommend folks who are able to get their bodies healthy. I lost 45 lbs and started taking vitamin D supplements (amongst others)... When I got Covid in October, despite being double vaccinated, I got through it quite easily. Was it because I lost the weight and was strong and healthy or because I was vaccinated? Probably a bit of both. The larger point being that folks who are having the worst outcomes from this disease are generally not all that healthy and 70% plus are overweight. Get healthy. Exercise. Go Outside (yes, even in the winter). Get vaccinated if you feel its right for you.

Comment

Perspective is important NYS never hit 20K cases per day... ever... not even at it's peak at the beginning. Right now both states are averaging about the same. Most of NYS cases are upstate which is about as anti-vax and anti-intervention as most of Florida. Also, note that unlike Florida, it is cold in the NE and people are indoors which accounts for a good chunk of it being a hot spot.

From what I am seeing... this isn't going to end well... at all. Omicron is spreading so fast it isn't even close and now they are saying, especially for the unvaxxed, that it is every bit as brutal as Delta. Buckle up... this is going to be a very ugly scary winter.
                              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Comment

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
                                Covid is an indoor disease. Hot places like Florida had high infection rates when people were inside escaping the heat and humidity of summer. Now that it is winter, Northern states are experiencing high infection rates.

We have also collectively outlasted the due date of the "vaccines", apparently 5 to 6 months. (Vaccines in quotes because my personal definition of a vaccine includes treatments like the MMR or polio vaccines that actually prevent you permanently from getting the disease.)

On a personal note, I highly recommend folks who are able to get their bodies healthy. I lost 45 lbs and started taking vitamin D supplements (amongst others)... When I got Covid in October, despite being double vaccinated, I got through it quite easily. Was it because I lost the weight and was strong and healthy or because I was vaccinated? Probably a bit of both. The larger point being that folks who are having the worst outcomes from this disease are generally not all that healthy and 70% plus are overweight. Get healthy. Exercise. Go Outside (yes, even in the winter). Get vaccinated if you feel its right for you.

I lost 60 pounds during the initial shutdown... feel worlds better. Now if I can just get my old joints (left shoulder and knee) to catch up and start treating me nicer I would be perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X