X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UW/GU game canceled per GU Press Release

Covid protocol shutting them down.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...team-still-no/

I’d get on the phone with WSU and see if they want to stick around an extra day (playing in Spokane Saturday) and fill in. They’ll be 3-5th the PAC this year. UW will probably be bottom 2.
    Last edited by 509er; 12-08-2021, 10:23 PM.

Originally posted by 509er View Post

I’d get on the phone with WSU and see if they want to stick around an extra day (playing in Spokane Saturday) and fill in. They’ll be 3-5th the PAC this year. UW will probably be bottom 2.
    That would be fantastic if WSU up for playing back to back games this weekend. Zags would have big advantage in terms of rest and prep time but I bet the Cougs players would love a shot at them.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Right, I’m sure coach Smith would love a 24 hour turnaround in a hostile site and the 99% certainty of getting tagged with an L.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
        Right, I’m sure coach Smith would love a 24 hour turnaround in a hostile site and the 99% certainty of getting tagged with an L.
        Well....

Comment

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
          Well....
          O ye of........

Comment

Actually a 26 hour turnaround, but the point still stands. I can't see the WSU Cougars agreeing to this, seeing as how they also have a game on the 15th (it's a home game, but still........). I only see 3 possible scenarios; we re-schedule the Huskies game, or they forfeit and we pick up a cheap win, or we find a cream puff team (on short notice) to come to the Kennel that week (game would have to be sometime between Sunday and Wednesday; our next game is a road game, sort of). Need to check ROOT's schedule that week; ESPN won't show us playing a cream puff.
            The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

Both UDub and Nevada had the misfortune of playing South Dakota IN South Dakota ... where they both got tagged bigtime with COVID. I wish them well ... and if there IS a GU/UW game, UW will be shorthanded (according to a friend close to their program).

sigpic
              “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
              ——-
              List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
              Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
                or we find a cream puff team
                Lol not sure how that is any different from who was originally scheduled

Comment

We could just as easily get on a bus and go to Pullman for the shot at a descent "away" game.
                  Originally posted by Reborn
                  Go Zags!!!
                  Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

At this point do we want to play them? Is it worth the risk that we contract cases in our program from theirs?

ZZ

Comment

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
                      Actually a 26 hour turnaround, but the point still stands. I can't see the WSU Cougars agreeing to this, seeing as how they also have a game on the 15th (it's a home game, but still........). I only see 3 possible scenarios; we re-schedule the Huskies game, or they forfeit and we pick up a cheap win, or we find a cream puff team (on short notice) to come to the Kennel that week (game would have to be sometime between Sunday and Wednesday; our next game is a road game, sort of). Need to check ROOT's schedule that week; ESPN won't show us playing a cream puff.
                      The only thing I loved about last year (other than our team’s stellar play) was the flexibility in scheduling, so I kind of love your idea of just finding another team to play. However, GU’s finals run 12/14-12/17, so there won’t be a game on any of those days, and probably not Monday the 13th, either. It would have to be a straight-up replacement of the UW game, which might make it impossible.

Edited to add: on the other hand, how about DePaul? They’re having a good run, have a couple days off, it’s a direct flight, and they are a Big East Catholic program trying to reascend to relevance. Might be worth a phone call.

Comment

I don’t know if that would be that big of a deal. These kids play 5-6 games a weekend in AAU and WSU has a deep bench though they did have 2 out with injuries in their game against Weber St last night.

If WSU is healthy they would give them a good game. They’re big and play aggressive D. GU would have to earn it.

Comment

I don’t know if that would be that big of a deal. These kids play 5-6 games a weekend in AAU and WSU has a deep bench though they did have 2 out with injuries in their game against Weber St last night.

If WSU is healthy they would give them a good game. They’re big and play aggressive D. GU would have to earn it.
                          Weren't some people on here using exhaustion as an excuse why the fellas lost to Duke after beating Central Michigan & UCLA in the same week?

Comment

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
                            Weren't some people on here using exhaustion as an excuse why the fellas lost to Duke after beating Central Michigan & UCLA in the same week?
                            Excuses? Here? Shocked.

Comment

No UW game on Sunday (still not announced/not official as of yet)

GU Press Release
                              https://gozags.com/news/2021/12/9/me...le-update.aspx

UW hasn't practiced since their return from South Dakota nearly 2 weeks ago, and they won't be traveling to Spokane. Again, this is now official per GU
                              Last edited by GoZags; 12-09-2021, 01:30 PM.
                              sigpic
                              “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                              ——-
                              List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                              Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

Working...
                              X