• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Basketball Assistant Coach --- Mark Few

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    ·
    2h
    USA Basketball is finalizing a decision to name Steve Kerr as the next national coach with an assistant coaching staff that will include Monty Williams, Erik Spoelstra and Mark Few, sources tell ESPN. A formal announcement is expected in the near future.

Now if we could start closing on titles, Mark Few would be the next Krzyzewski.
    Originally posted by Reborn
    Go Zags!!!
    Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Spokesman wrote a nice piece about this today. I think this is incredible and will mean a lot to the program. How does this not make him an even better coach? How does this not make him even better at recruiting talent domestically and internationally? Kerr and Few...who had them pegged as 2024 Olympics coaches 10 years ago? I'd venture not many.

This clearly means a lot to Coach Few. Huge congratulations to him!

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...err-valued-in/
      Originally posted by Coach Few
      We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

IMHO Mark has nothing to prove.....Nothing like his success at Gonzaga has ever happened in college sports (Boise State Football?) ....and it is not likely to happen again.....

Comment

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
          IMHO Mark has nothing to prove.....Nothing like his success at Gonzaga has ever happened in college sports (Boise State Football?) ....and it is not likely to happen again.....
          A title would be nice, but sure, nothing to prove, and he doesn't owe anyone anything.
          Originally posted by Reborn
          Go Zags!!!
          Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Boise St has been unable to maintain that level like the little engine that could did and has been doing for many years

Comment

Originally posted by rennis View Post
              Spokesman wrote a nice piece about this today. I think this is incredible and will mean a lot to the program. How does this not make him an even better coach? How does this not make him even better at recruiting talent domestically and internationally? Kerr and Few...who had them pegged as 2024 Olympics coaches 10 years ago? I'd venture not many.

This clearly means a lot to Coach Few. Huge congratulations to him!

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...err-valued-in/
              A huge deal and honor for Coach Few. Keeps Gonzaga front and center in the basketball world too.
              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

They say the reward for doing good work is more work. Happy for Coach Few that he's getting professional respect and recognition but also happy that he's taking it as a serious assignment for the country as well as personal growth and is willing to add work/stress to his already busy life. His basic decency, humility, hard work, and team first approach (in addition to being a smart Xs/Os coach) is probably what made him an attractive candidate for the USA Basketball staff. He'll mesh well and be a good collaborator, not an ego distraction.
                Last edited by Zag365; 12-21-2021, 06:24 PM. Reason: eliminate extra "not" - a typo

Comment

Working...
                X