GU vs Texas Tech - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GU vs Texas Tech - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Next up are the Texas Tech Red Raiders. Tech has basically played 2 games of substance, Providence for an L and Tennessee for a W). Zags are coming off finals week... will be interesting to see if that plays into this game. Tech is hovering at the bottom of the top 25. Will it be Zag Up or Guns Up?

What are you expecting to see on Satuday? Hoping to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Zags 85-72

Comment

Red Raiders - 79
      Zags - 88

Go Zags - Beat the Red Raiders!!
      “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

Red Raiders - 70
        Fellas - 60

A continuation of a theme we've seen play out several times lately - woeful 3pt shooting against a team that is up in Nembhard's grill, disrupting initiation of the interior offense which will lead to a 3rd loss in 5 games and kill any hope for a #1 seed come March. The boys will be playing for a protected seed from here on out.

Comment

84-75 Zags
          Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

I am hoping to see the best performance of the season to date from this Zags team when they take the floor vs Texas Tech. After having some vulnerabilities exposed and taken two L's in the process, the team is tired of all the noise and "sky is falling" naysayers so they come screaming out of the gates firing on all cylinders, particularly from 3pt range as Strawther connects from deep in bunches early. Zags know this is final chance in OoC schedule to make a statement with the selection committee and they take advantage of this opportunity to do so:

Zags 83
            Raiders 67
            Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Saturday’s game is NOT about the past. It is not about Texas Tech defeating us in the Tourney in 2019 or at the Great Alaska Shoot Out in 07 (which we were at). It is not about my nephew, the Texas Tech grad, unrelentingly giving me crap for 14 years. It is not about my 60+ Texas cousins and their attitude toward their NW family. Saturday is not about revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by tyra View Post
                Saturday’s game is NOT about the past. It is not about Texas Tech defeating us in the Tourney in 2019 or at the Great Alaska Shoot Out in 07 (which we were at). It is not about my nephew, the Texas Tech grad, unrelentingly giving me crap for 14 years. It is not about my 60+ Texas cousins and their attitude toward their NW family. Saturday is not about revenge.
                You mean the General isn’t walking through that door? And we’ve already weathered Beard.

Comment

Tech game probably is the the last shot at a “quality win” until late in the regular season since wins at home are discounted.

Comment

Originally posted by TravelinZag View Post
                    Tech game probably is the the last shot at a “quality win” until late in the regular season since wins at home are discounted.
                    Aren't several WCC teams ranked in the to 75? They would be quality road wins. No?
                    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

85-64 Zags
                      Every thing goes relatively well this time.
                      Go Zags!

Comment

Pretty confident here. Tech won’t be able to score enough to keep up.

Definitely hope to see a team that has taken advantage of a week of practice and is clicking like we saw earlier in the year. This week and then that stretch before league play is an important chance for the team to improve.

Comment

Tech has a game tonite at 5 pm Spokey time (Ark St on ESPN+), so it's a chance for us (and the coaching staff) to see what they look like b4 we see them at FeetPrint Center. I'm not happy about the 10 am start, but CBS money talks, and we know what walks.
                          The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

Been burned too many time guessing in high numbers... going lower

Zags 78
                            TTech 65
                            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Da Zags 1000
                              Slap Happy Tech 0

But what I’d really like to see is a “Get well soon Woohoo, we’re praying for you!” sign at the game on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X