Gonzaga jumps UCLA and is now ranked 4.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...2/seasontype/2

Arizona with a lone vote for Number 1.
    Originally posted by Reborn
    Go Zags!!!
    Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

glad to see Texas Tech held on to #25
      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
        Arizona with a lone vote for Number 1.
        And yet they haven’t played a ranked team yet. We’ll see how good they when they play Tennessee on the 22nd, followed by UCLA (maybe?). USC is overrated, but they’re next on the docket after those two.

Comment

UCLA wont play a game from Dec 11th until Dec 30th when they square off (hopefully) in a must-see matchup with Tommy Lloyd's Wildcats. Who do you root for in that one? Hate to say it but UCLA.

ZZ

Comment

4 WCC teams receiving votes in the coaches poll

GU #4
            Dons #33
            BYU #35
            Gaels #36

Can't remember that ever happening

ZZ

Comment

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
              And yet they haven’t played a ranked team yet. We’ll see how good they when they play Tennessee on the 22nd, followed by UCLA (maybe?). USC is overrated, but they’re next on the docket after those two.
              Wow, I now see Michigan has indeed dropped out of the Top 25. Some seemingly solid wins for Arizona (Wichita State; Wyoming; Michigan; Illinois) not necessarily too impressive....though I think the Illini are easily top 20 if Curbelo gets right.
              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

WCC! WCC!

Originally posted by zagzilla View Post
                GU #4
                Dons #33
                BYU #35
                Gaels #36

Can't remember that ever happening

ZZ
                Pretty nice year for our conference mates. Hope they keep it up. (Wish BYU was at full strength. Losing Baxter was huge. At full strength BYU had a great chance of getting into the Dance's second weekend, IMO.)

Also glad (as mentioned in earlier post) that Texas Tech maintained their #25 AP Poll ranking and dropped but one place in the Coaches Poll (#24 --> #25) .

Kind of thought Creighton would take it to Villanova (which dropped like a rock). This fan likes Villanova (and their coach), but thinks they've a great chance of losing both of their next "vs. ranked" contests -- #18 Xavier, #15 Seton Hall.

*Methinks 'Nova drops out of the polls and never returns this season.
                *Methinks the Zags win out from here to the Dance. Looking good for a #1 Seed come March. Beating the Red Raiders was ginormous.

ZagsZags

:]
                Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

UCLA wont play a game from Dec 11th until Dec 30th when they square off (hopefully) in a must-see matchup with Tommy Lloyd's Wildcats. Who do you root for in that one? Hate to say it but UCLA.

ZZ
                  You have a magnanimous heart. I can't get over the way UCLA fouled in the last 5 minutes, the way the refs stopped blowing the whistle, and the way Adam, J.P. and Ravio and crew did not rise to the occasion in 2006.
                  For me the only 'rivalry' game for us is UCLA.

Plus I root for Rice, Tommy, Giacoletti, and Billy wherever they go, except for when they play us.

Comment

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                    You have a magnanimous heart. I can't get over the way UCLA fouled in the last 5 minutes, the way the refs stopped blowing the whistle, and the way Adam, J.P. and Ravio and crew did not rise to the occasion in 2006.
                    For me the only 'rivalry' game for us is UCLA.

Plus I root for Rice, Tommy, Giacoletti, and Billy wherever they go, except for when they play us.
                    +1 AZ is for whom I will root...

AZ and BSU only two head coaches from the GU Coaching Tree...

Comment

Happy for Tommy's success and for anyone part of the GU family.

That said, I won't be cheering for any Pac-12 teams. Sorry.
                      Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post
                        Pretty nice year for our conference mates. Hope they keep it up. (Wish BYU was at full strength. Losing Baxter was huge. At full strength BYU had a great chance of getting into the Dance's second weekend, IMO.)

Also glad (as mentioned in earlier post) that Texas Tech maintained their #25 AP Poll ranking and dropped but one place in the Coaches Poll (#24 --> #25) .

Kind of thought Creighton would take it to Villanova (which dropped like a rock). This fan likes Villanova (and their coach), but thinks they've a great chance of losing both of their next "vs. ranked" contests -- #18 Xavier, #15 Seton Hall.

*Methinks 'Nova drops out of the polls and never returns this season.
                        *Methinks the Zags win out from here to the Dance. Looking good for a #1 Seed come March. Beating the Red Raiders was ginormous.

ZagsZags

:]
                        I sure hope I don't have to defend myself as a Zag fan but I would bet all $12.49 that I currently have that the Zags do not go undefeated through conference.

I do believe that it is still more likely than not that they'll get a number one seed bc it won't be a bad loss (maybe two losses).

If they happen to go undefeated through conference, I'll be as thrilled as anyone. But I think this is the year they drop one at USF or BYU. Meanwhile, they'll rack up even more tier one or quad one wins and be fine.

I sure hope we do not get one, but it's probably best to remember that a #2 seed doesn't mean the world is ending. If this team is playing well, they'll go as far as anyone in the tournament no matter what.
                        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                        Mark Twain.

Comment

Some wag in here pointed out that there was a strong correlation between Gonzaga's seed and its losses........1-2 losses would be a one seed....2-3 losses could be a two seed......3-4 losses might be thee seed....... and so on depending on the competition for seeding.....

Winning on the road will be difficult at BYU and Saint Mary's.....SF and LMU and Santa Clara.....not impossible but difficult to win them all...

I don't pray but I hope there is a season ........

Comment

It'd be fun to have a prediction thread for "end of WCC conference play standings". With the coaches poll ranking GU #4, Dons #33, BYU #35, and Gaels #36, what might the final end of season WCC standing be? And will 3 teams be invited to the dance? My prediction for the WCC standings end of the conference play:
                            1st GU (dance)
                            2nd Dons (dance)
                            3rd Broncos (dance, but only if they pull off a major upset)
                            4th Gaels.
                            5th BYU
                            I'm likely way off on this prediction, but for some reason I feel the Broncos will be WCC's huge surprise (maybe it's b/c I'm a SCU dad too).

Comment

ZZ
                              UCLA and USC are on COVID pauses: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ames-postponed
                              The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Working...
                              X