Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zags vs. Kentucky This Week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    from Matt Jones KY sports radio tweet

    Hearing Kentucky reached out to Gonzaga, UCONN and Florida State among other teams as possible opponents. There are roadblocks with all and logistics being worked out to find a team. UK wants to keep its prime TV slot WednesdayFor people who wonder, WKU already plays Wednesday

    Comment


    • #17
      .@KentuckyMBB has scheduled a new opponent to replace Louisville on 12/22. @UKCoachCalipari will announce the details on his radio show tonight, according to UK Sports & Campus Marketing

      Comment


      • #18
        I’d play in Rupp. You get credit for road games via net rankings. Just need to make sure the economics make sense.

        Comment


        • #19
          I hope they don't get a game so close to Christmas. I hope the guys can enjoy Christmas with family if possible.
          Bring back the OCC

          Comment


          • #20
            from The Athletic

            There were at least preliminary conversations with Gonzaga and Texas, I’m told. Mark Few is one of John Calipari’s good friends, they’ve talked a lot recently about getting a game (or series) and Few has spoken publicly about how Kentucky is one of the last big-name programs he hasn’t faced.


            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
              I hope they don't get a game so close to Christmas. I hope the guys can enjoy Christmas with family if possible.
              I'm sure they'll still be able to do that if the game is on the 22nd or 23rd.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                .@KentuckyMBB has scheduled a new opponent to replace Louisville on 12/22. @UKCoachCalipari will announce the details on his radio show tonight, according to UK Sports & Campus Marketing
                I'm pretty sure it will leak on twitter before that

                Comment


                • #23
                  from Cat board

                  "If Cal is keeping it secret it better be the damn Zags. The other two are fine, but not to dangle in front of the fan base."



                  The other 2 talked about are Creighton and Xavier

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                    from Cat board

                    "If Cal is keeping it secret it better be the damn Zags. The other two are fine, but not to dangle in front of the fan base."



                    The other 2 talked about are Creighton and Xavier
                    Aren't Few & Cal pretty good buddies? Seems like there'd be a red line between the two that would allow for playing this close to the vest

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      A win in Rupp would all but seal a #1 seed out west. A loss would be just the cost of doing business.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                        A win in Rupp would all but seal a #1 seed out west. A loss would be the cost of doing business.
                        I'm all for giving Kentucky fans the basketball-equivalent of a swirly

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
                          Aren't Few & Cal pretty good buddies? Seems like there'd be a red line between the two that would allow for playing this close to the vest
                          yes they are

                          Can Zags jet reach Lexington without refueling?

                          i don't think so

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                            yes they are

                            Can Zags jet reach Lexington without refueling?

                            i don't think so
                            Maybe getting a larger charter paid for by Kentucky boosters was part of the agreement

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                              yes they are

                              Can Zags jet reach Lexington without refueling?

                              i don't think so
                              1,800 m. I’m sure a network would provide a larger plane.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                from Kyle Tucker tweet on Cat forum

                                "Calipari letting the anticipation continue to build by withholding the new opponent to announce on his radio show suggests it’s not a stinker.It’s being carefully guarded now that it’s done. I’m told, “Not a great but very good” game that fans will be happy with".

                                if true not Zags...guess is Wisconsin on Cat forum

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X