Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zags vs. Kentucky This Week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
    from Kyle Tucker tweet on Cat forum

    "Calipari letting the anticipation continue to build by withholding the new opponent to announce on his radio show suggests it’s not a stinker.It’s being carefully guarded now that it’s done. I’m told, “Not a great but very good” game that fans will be happy with".

    if true not Zags...guess is Wisconsin on Cat forum
    Bummer. I think Gonzaga would have trounced them.

    Comment


    • #32
      So its not Wisconsin....Wis wanted to move it to Thursday because of Finals and ESPN said NO.

      according to sources.

      Comment


      • #33
        If we can't play UK on Thurs, then I would prefer not to play at all. There is a game on Wed on ESPN2 that's kind of important.
        The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

        Comment


        • #34
          I'm gonna guess Western Kentucky.......tie in with Tornado relief

          Comment


          • #35
            Zags vs. Kentucky This Week?

            Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
            I'm gonna guess Western Kentucky.......tie in with Tornado relief
            Yup. Calipari just announced it.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
            - Gandalf the Grey

            ________________________________



            Foo Time

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
              Yup. Calipari just announced it.
              So, this is official? UK vs Western Kentucky on Wed on ESPN? The reason I ask is because I have some things to do on Wed morning and afternoon, and if you guys knew the prep I go through on "Game Day", (game day meaning a GU game, not U of A or any other CBB game), then you would understand. To me, a GU game is an event, any other game is just a game.

              EDIT: it is official, UK vs Western on Wed, we don't fly to Lexington, I can watch Tommy's boys on Wed, can I enjoy my RockStar now?
              The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

              Comment


              • #37
                FromWKU Athletics:

                WKU Hilltopper Basketball will face in-state foe Kentucky on Wednesday in a newly scheduled game.

                The Hilltoppers (8-4) will play their first regular-season game against the Wildcats since 2001 at 5 p.m. CT Wednesday at Rupp Arena. The game will air on ESPN.

                WKU's previously scheduled road trip to Austin Peay has been mutually agreed to move back to the 2022-23 season. Kentucky's previously scheduled home game against Louisville was postponed due to COVID-19 issues within the Cardinal program.

                UK Athletics is working on a charitable component from the game that will provide support for those who were affected by the Dec. 11 tornadoes.

                "We really appreciate the cooperation from Mitch Barnhart and Coach Calipari in working with us so quickly in scheduling this game," said WKU Director of Athletics Todd Stewart. "I know our fans will be excited about playing Kentucky, and our program always looks for challenging opportunities on a national stage. Most importantly, playing this game will result in providing relief to those who have been impacted the most from the devastating tornadoes in our region."

                "We want to extend our appreciation to Coach Calipari and Kentucky for their willingness to play this game," WKU head coach Rick Stansbury said. "This is a great opportunity to raise awareness about what our state is going through right now and continue to build support for those in western Kentucky affected by the recent tornadoes, including the people of Bowling Green. I know Cal and Kentucky didn't have to do this, but it speaks volumes about their willingness to help the state of Kentucky."

                The Hilltoppers are 2-4 all-time against Kentucky, with the last meeting coming in the 2012 NCAA Tournament. The top-ranked Wildcats won that game 81-66 and went on to win the national championship.
                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

                “They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
                  So, this is official? UK vs Western Kentucky on Wed on ESPN? The reason I ask is because I have some things to do on Wed morning and afternoon, and if you guys knew the prep I go through on "Game Day", (game day meaning a GU game, not U of A or any other CBB game), then you would understand. To me, a GU game is an event, any other game is just a game.

                  EDIT: it is official, UK vs Western on Wed, we don't fly to Lexington, I can watch Tommy's boys on Wed, can I enjoy my RockStar now?
                  I watched his podcast long enough to get that info.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                  - Gandalf the Grey

                  ________________________________



                  Foo Time

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    If Wisconsin wanted to play Kentucky on Thursday, why don’t we pllay Wisconsin on Thursday?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Mvzags View Post
                      If Wisconsin wanted to play Kentucky on Thursday, why don’t we pllay Wisconsin on Thursday?
                      i vote yes.

                      Well played.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        A couple of things were going on.

                        I know that MANY of the Zags have flights booked home tomorrow (kind of a tradition ... being home for Christmas ... with some Zags going to other Zags' homes and the Few's hosting Christmas for all still in Spokane). Also I suppose Kentucky would have had to agree to come to Spokane for a return game next season ... and we all KNOW Calipari has NEVER agreed to play in the Kennel. He's always insisted on the Arena.
                        sigpic
                        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                        ——-
                        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                          I'm gonna guess Western Kentucky.......tie in with Tornado relief
                          From what I hear it is Western Kentucky

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                            I know that MANY of the Zags have flights booked home tomorrow (kind of a tradition ... being home for Christmas ... with some Zags going to other Zags' homes and the Few's hosting Christmas for all still in Spokane). Also I suppose Kentucky would have had to agree to come to Spokane for a return game next season ... and we all KNOW Calipari has NEVER agreed to play in the Kennel. He's always insisted on the Arena.
                            I would have had no issues with a return game at Spokane Arena, it's just twice as many Zags fans as the Kennel can hold. But the bottom line for me was Tommy's boys playing at almost the same time on Wed, and the fact that I have non-negotiable commitments on Wed morning. Congrats to UK for finding a replacement so quickly, but let us never forget that Lute's boys (in 1997) kept them from raising the banner 3 consecutive years. I was born and raised a U of A fan, and that will fade sometimes, but never completely go away.
                            The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
                              I would have had no issues with a return game at Spokane Arena, it's just twice as many Zags fans as the Kennel can hold. But the bottom line for me was Tommy's boys playing at almost the same time on Wed, and the fact that I have non-negotiable commitments on Wed morning. Congrats to UK for finding a replacement so quickly, but let us never forget that Lute's boys (in 1997) kept them from raising the banner 3 consecutive years. I was born and raised a U of A fan, and that will fade sometimes, but never completely go away.
                              Gonzaga will not do a "neutral"/away deal with anyone. Memphis (Calipari) got away with it during the early/mid stages of the 'cute little run' and while more fans can attend games at the Arena, it is NOT a good deal for Gonzaga. An Arena game (or two) are good for the Zags during years when WSU is hosting the Rounds of 64 and 32 ... but that's the only time it makes sense for GU to lose revenue on a 'home' game.

                              As for U of A ... I'm glad for you. That being said I am tired of reading about the Wildcats here on this board. The Pac 12 hasn't won a Title since '97 (Bear Down) and it's time they win something ... anything.
                              sigpic
                              “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                              ——-
                              List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                              Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I like that they are tieing in the tornado relief.

                                Matt Norlander
                                @MattNorlander
                                ·
                                2h
                                Sources: In light of losing its game vs. Louisville, Kentucky and Western Kentucky have agreed to come together to play a game on Wednesday that will also raise money for tornado relief funds throughout the region.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X