This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zags vs. Kentucky This Week?

So seems to be a lot of smoke out there regarding the Zags playing a game Wednesday vs. Kentucky...anyone heard anything else about this? Seems like a real tight turnaround with a home game tonight, but the other teams mentioned (UCONN & Florida St) seem to have their own logistical issues as well. Zags are then off for another 8-day stretch and would have played just two games in 2 1/2 weeks without this.

link?

Comment

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
      link?
      With rumors of Louisville backing out of our matchup, sources within the program have told the
      @CatsCoverage_
      team that Kentucky has a specific potential replacement team in mind
      https://twitter.com/MattSakBBN/statu...838433286?s=20

Kentucky writers, Zag writers, and other prominent college hoops tweeters also saying there are feelers out there for the Zags or a handful of other teams

Comment

Looks like Thursday is a possibility as well - have to think that would be a lot better for the Zags if they were to travel. Of course that is all dependent on not upsetting the team's individual travel plans for the holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by 23dpg
          I went to the Kentucky board to see if there was any traction to this story.

MISTAKE

The misinformation is astounding. Basketball, Gonzaga, science.

Don’t make the same mistake.
          Thank you for your sacrifice
          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
            Looks like Thursday is a possibility as well - have to think that would be a lot better for the Zags if they were to travel. Of course that is all dependent on not upsetting the team's individual travel plans for the holidays!
            I would assume if you're on an AP Top 10 team, you change your plans.
            Originally posted by Reborn
            Go Zags!!!
            Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Damnit guys

Comment

I don't see how this works out. but if it does and GU gets a return game and hosts UK next year? ALL for that happening. As would anyone following or promoting college basketball.
                Originally posted by Coach Few
                We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

Damnit guys
                  Fine. I’ll delete my posts.

This is insane.
                  Birds aren’t real.

Comment

Originally posted by rennis View Post
                    I don't see how this works out. but if it does and GU gets a return game and hosts UK next year? ALL for that happening. As would anyone following or promoting college basketball.
                    If there is a return game and this week's game is bumped to Thursday I think it happens. No way Few does a one-off away game to Rupp.

Comment

If there is a return game and this week's game is bumped to Thursday I think it happens. No way Few does a one-off away game to Rupp.
                      this works.

Rupp would be raucous

Comment

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                        this works.

Rupp would be raucous
                        Just my luck it would be scheduled for Thursday too when I've got another board game scheduled with my buddies lol

Comment

There is a lot of wishful thinking there, but it does appear that UK is working to find a replacement game on Weds. https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...s-week.357215/

As GU found out with its attempt to replace UW, getting decent games on a short suspense is very hard to do.

The tweet mentioning GU has also been changed.

https://twitter.com/KyleTucker_ATH/s...5Es1_&ref_url=
                          'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                          - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Kentucky more in the hot seat than Zags to provide their season ticket holders some high quality opponents to watch during OoC schedule. Without Louisville this season they got nothing but cupcake city baby for their home crowd during pre-SEC schedule. As for the SEC schedule this season: only Tennessee; Alabama; LSU are really high quality opponents coming to Rupp Arena...they only play @Auburn this season. Florida is TBD imo.

I am hearing Bellarmine is lined up for Weds night vs Kentucky as a safety plan; my guess is ESPN still wants the game to be aired Weds night so if Zags are not willing to play 48 hrs after tonight guess it won't be vs Gonzaga. My 2 cents is, great tourney prep...play a game then getting a real tough opponent on short prep 48 hours later.
                            Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                              Kentucky more in the hot seat than Zags to provide their season ticket holders some high quality opponents to watch during OoC schedule. Without Louisville this season they got nothing but cupcake city baby for their home crowd during pre-SEC schedule. As for the SEC schedule this season: only Tennessee; Alabama; LSU are really high quality opponents coming to Rupp Arena...they only play @Auburn this season. Florida is TBD imo.

I am hearing Bellarmine is lined up for Weds night vs Kentucky as a safety plan; my guess is ESPN still wants the game to be aired Weds night so if Zags are not willing to play 48 hrs after tonight guess it won't be vs Gonzaga. My 2 cents is, great tourney prep...play a game then getting a real tough opponent on short prep 48 hours later.
                              Yeah agreed - would hope that the "play anyone, anywhere" motto is still valid, but I understand short notice is extremely tough. That is why the fact that they put out there that Thursday was also a possibility made me think there was a chance for the Zags.

Comment

Working...
                              X