Other Games: WED - 12. 22. 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Games: WED - 12. 22. 21

Six WCC squads hit the hardwood today. Safe travels !

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...11222/group/50

WCC

Portland @ UC Davis - 2:00 - ESPN+
    So. Illinois @ USF - 2:00 - WCCN
    UOP @ Cal - 3:00 - PAC12
    BYU vs. So. Florida - 6:30 - ESPNU
    USD @ UNLV - 7:00 - MWN
    Missouri State @ SMC - 7:00 - WCCN

Others

Alabama St @ #16 Texas - 11:00 - LONG
    Eastern WA @ #25 Texas Tech - 11:00 - BIG12/ESPN+
    Wyoming vs. Stanford - 2:30 - ESPNU

3:00
    Murray St @ #12 Auburn - SECN
    WKU @ #20 UK - ESPN
    Youngstown St @ West VA - BIG12/ESPN+

#6 Arizona @ #19 Tennessee - 4:00 - ESPN2
    Clemson @ Virginia - 4:00 - ACCN

5:00
    Texas State @ #13 Houston - ESPN+
    Lipscomb @ #17 LSU - SECN
    Boise St. @ Washington St. - PAC12

Virginia Tech @ #2 Duke - 6:00 - ESPN2
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Almost dark by midafternoon......so that Arizona /Tenn game is worth a look....

Comment

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
      Bit of exaggeration, but you're right, happy solstice.

Comment

I will definitely record that and watch early AM tomorrow before work; sad to admit I am starting to feel more surprised when games are played than when they are not.
        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          Bit of exaggeration, but you're right, happy solstice.
          A Festivus for the rest of us....

Comment

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
            . . .sad to admit I am starting to feel more surprised when games are played than when they are not.
            Likewise. These "Other Games" threads seem outdated ( cursed? )
            Last edited by RenoZag; 12-22-2021, 09:23 AM.

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

A Festivus for the rest of us....
              Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Comment

A shout out for Reno putting this out for us regularly. Thank you so much Reno.
                One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

Originally posted by GrizZAG View Post
                  A shout out for Reno putting this out for us regularly. Thank you so much Reno.
                  Hear, hear!

Thanks too to all the mods who put up with so much jazz on here and keep coming back for more! :-) Thank you for allowing us to have this GUBoards community.
                  Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Good story line. Leon Rice returns to Spokane to face his alma mater with a couple of Spokane kids on the roster. Should be a good game. WSU finally looks fairly healthy so I think they’ll be too much for BSjc.

Comment

ASU bound to open soon. Maybe time for RB to go back home.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                        Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
                        https://www.insideoutyoga.org/new-bl.../5/1/shrinkage

Fortunately there was no dip in the pool before I dropped my shorts in the Dr's office earlier this morning. Unfortunately she DID diagnose a classic case of shingles. Edited to say the new vaccine (which I got 2 years ago) is 91 percent effective ... by getting it treated early (and being vaccinated) I'm hopeful that it shouldn't be too bad. But I WAS thinking about George Costanza before seeing this thread getting Seinfelded.
                        sigpic
                        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                        ——-
                        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                          https://www.insideoutyoga.org/new-bl.../5/1/shrinkage

Fortunately there was no dip in the pool before I dropped my shorts in the Dr's office earlier this morning. Unfortunately she DID diagnose a classic case of shingles. Edited to say the new vaccine (which I got 2 years ago) is 91 percent effective ... by getting it treated early (and being vaccinated) I'm hopeful that it shouldn't be too bad. But I WAS thinking about George Costanza before seeing this thread getting Seinfelded.
                          I’ve heard there’s a great new post onset med that works wonders but has to be introduced early early.

Comment

Per ESPN:

The Big East men's basketball schedule continues to be disrupted by COVID-19 concerns as Wednesday's game between Georgetown and Providence has resulted in the third cancellation and forfeit this season.

Because of COVID-19 issues within the Hoyas' program, per Big East policy, the game will be a forfeit and a loss for Georgetown and a win for No. 22 Providence, who entered the AP top-25 rankings after a win vs. UConn last week.

Sorry to read the bad news on the medical front, GoZags. . .

Comment

Texas Tech 78, EWU 46 F

Texas 68, Alabama State 48 - F

Liberty is on to the Final Four of the Diamond Head Classic as they beat Northern Iowa 76-74.

PAC12 has "adjusted" its basketball administration policies (in light of the C-19 resurgence ). Press release:

https://pac-12.com/article/2021/12/2...2021-22-season

Excerpt:

In the event a team is unable to begin or complete a regular season Conference contest because of the unavailability of participants due to COVID-19, the Conference shall reschedule the contest, while being mindful of student-athlete health and safety considerations. If the contest cannot be rescheduled, the contest may be considered a “no contest” upon review and approval by the Commissioner. The Conference office shall have the option to levy a forfeit in the event league standards of sportsmanship are not met in the process of attempting to reschedule a contest.

This policy shall be retroactive to any results beginning with the 2021-22 Pac-12 basketball seasons. Therefore, the previously canceled December 5 UCLA at Washington men's basketball contest may be rescheduled at a mutually agreeable date or declared a no contest.
                              I maybe way out of bounds here but: Shouldn't there be ONE set of adjustments across all conferences ??
                              Last edited by RenoZag; 12-22-2021, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X