GU vs North Alabama - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TravelinZag View Post
    This is a truly embarrassing scheduling error at this point in the season. If they let the second five start, and only brought the starters on in if threatened, they would not get to play at all. Terrible, terrible mismatch which offers both teams less than a practice. Shame on the schedulers. A disservice to the coaches and the players on both teams.
    How does this team compared to our other cupcakes this year?

Comment

Originally posted by TravelinZag View Post
      This is a truly embarrassing scheduling error at this point in the season. If they let the second five start, and only brought the starters on in if threatened, they would not get to play at all. Terrible, terrible mismatch which offers both teams less than a practice. Shame on the schedulers. A disservice to the coaches and the players on both teams.
      Sorry, but as they say in German, "es macht nichts...it doesn't matter. Trying to schedule a game, any game, over the past two years is one of the biggest crap shoots we've seen in recent memory. Games have been cancelled, teams have had to forfeit games, etc. Still the Zags have played five ranked teams so far, and lead the nation in that category.

I don't see how it's a disservice to the visitors, getting a chance to measure themselves against a top 5 team. They've struggled against Power 5 schools, though their record is 7-4.

Our team needs more time on the court to gel, to set the rotation, and get ready for conference play.

Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
        Sorry, but as they say in German, "es macht nichts...it doesn't matter. Trying to schedule a game, any game, over the past two years is one of the biggest crap shoots we've seen in recent memory. Games have been cancelled, teams have had to forfeit games, etc. Still the Zags have played five ranked teams so far, and lead the nation in that category.

I don't see how it's a disservice to the visitors, getting a chance to measure themselves against a top 5 team. They've struggled against Power 5 schools, though their record is 7-4.

Our team needs more time on the court to gel, to set the rotation, and get ready for conference play.

Just my .02
        Well said, Tex. It's hard to schedule games early in the season. Let's face it, no bluebloods want to play here unless it's a home and home, etc. We are giving a chance for these so called "cupcakes" to play against the best in the country here in Spokane. Plus, those teams get around $100,000 to put in their athletic coffers as a result of playing us. Hell, Duke and all the powerhouses play tons of "cupcakes". It's the way it is. BTW, I dislike the term "cupcakes". It's disparaging. For these young athletes.

Comment

89-59 Gonzaga.

This is a good start time for the team to get use to playing at any time asked. It's a norm to play a mid morning or early afternoon game in march. I will record and watch after work.

Go Zags!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

If the mentality is right, every game holds the opportunity for growth and those teachable moments. The ‘second team’ has players that could be starting for other D1 schools. They are very talented, but still need to gel. Great game for them to get quality minutes and iron out timing and cuts, etc. It’ll pay dividends down the road.

98-52, Gonzaga

Merry Christmas everyone!

Comment

Zags 91-55, hoping everyone makes it back safely and Covid free. Also, pick up where we left off the past couple of games.

Comment

100 us
                66 N.A.

Comment

Zags 85
                  N Bama 56

Bench will see lots of minutes.
                  One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

92-55. Zags win.
                    “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

The Lions will hold the Zags under 100.

Zags - 99
                      North Alabama University - 57
                      My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Comment

Originally posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
                        The Lions will hold the Zags under 100.

Zags - 99
                        North Alabama University - 57
                        This is the game Joe Few shatters all of Rem Bakamus’ single game records.

Comment

Gu 97-63

Comment

95-55
                            Zags
                            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Zags - 88
                              North Bama - 60

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Gonzaga 82
                                Northern Alabama 52

Hope to see Holmgren score 20 points again.
                                Hope to see Nembhard score 13 and six assists
                                Hope to see the Zags make 10+ three's but that may be hard since they have had a lay off.

Go Zags!!!
                                Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X