GU vs North Alabama - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GU vs North Alabama - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Next up are the Lions of North Alabama. While coming in 7-5, they have done that mostly against bad teams. Only ranked team they have played is Auburn to a 70-44 loss as the result. Will the Lions roar and take down the Bulldogs or will it be Timme and Company coming out the victors.

What are you hoping to see in this game? Expecting to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!

Have a safe and merry Christmas all!

Go Zags!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Back atcha, LI.

Comment

Us 96
      Them 62

Merry Christmas to all

Comment

Hoping to see Nembhard continue to play like he knows he is a top 5 PG in the country and that this team needs him to be a scorer too.....tough balance for a PG but this Zags squad needs him to be both facilitator and bucket getter. Hope we see more minutes of Hickman and Nembhard together to help Andrew adapt a more 'scoring guard' mentality at times?

Really hope we see a similar rotation as last game when 8 players earned between 19-26 minutes of PT. I get the distinct impression the more the Zags rely on Watson, Hickman, Sallis to produce the more they will grow into their roles, and as Arizona learned last night - foul trouble is sure to be an issue at some point(s) in the season so you best have minimum 8 deep rotation with all guys ready to rise to the occasion when needed. I believe Hunter Sallis is about to start feelin his stroke from deep; once he shows he can knock down 3's then Zags' bigs can do that pin the defender move they are so good at and clear the runway for some Hunter Sallis Predator Highlights!

Continued aggressive, confident play from Holmgren.....he spent first 1/3 of season deferring and acclimating to D1 pace and physicality; the latter will remain an area for growth but methinks Chet is ready to start imposing his will on the game on the offensive end a bit more now too. It's ok for him not to be a low post scorer for this team; if Holmgren just locks in on knocking down 3's and hitting that Nowitiski-esque step-back fadeaway jumper he has in his arsenal a little more often that will only help open up the offense for others.

I want it all and I want it now!

Merry Christmas breaking GUBoards/Nation!
        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Looking forward to the others to get some significant time.....especially Hickman and he was my (and CEO's) breakthrough player of the season. That kid is smooth as butter.....and Greg ......who appears to have a complete game.....

But mostly I am hoping for a game and a season...

Comment

This is a mismatch. We might set some records in this one.

Prediction: Tacos!

Bulldogs 103
            Kittens. 46

ZZ

Comment

Zags 92-54

Comment

I took a 3 day self imposed sabbatical from the board, let's just say the reasons were personal and leave it at that. So happy that Nathan is doing better.

As to Tuesday's game, is there a concrete reason it starts at 2 pm local time and not 6 pm? The Blazers and Kraken are not playing at all on that day. Are the GU women using the Kennel that night? I'm not complaining, it's just weird that a mid-week game on ROOT is a day game.

I can't imagine we will have any trouble with this weak sauce, just hope for no injuries and no COVID. We have two much more important games later in the week.
                The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

I am assuming it is because zags traveling to so. Cal. For game on Thursday and Saturday.

Comment

103-53 Zags
                    Ben Gregg & Kaden Perry plays 7-8 minutes each.
                    Hunter scores double digits.
                    No injuries.
                    Go Zags!

Comment

Lions - 60
                      Zags - 95

Go Zags - Beat the Lions!
                      “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

Zags 91-55

Go!! Zags!!!
                        "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

This is a truly embarrassing scheduling error at this point in the season. If they let the second five start, and only brought the starters on in if threatened, they would not get to play at all. Terrible, terrible mismatch which offers both teams less than a practice. Shame on the schedulers. A disservice to the coaches and the players on both teams.

Comment

97-48

Lots of time for the second line so to speak
                            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

88-55 Gonzaga

Comment

Working...
                              X