GU vs LMU - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GU vs LMU - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Well this was supposed to be game 2 of the conference season... but here we go in the WCC... first up the LMU Lions. The Lions are coming in with a 7-5 record. Their best win came against Southern Methodist. Last 5 they were 3-2 with losses to New Mexico State and Nevada. Will the Lions roar at home and upset the Zags or will the Bulldogs tame the kittens?

What are you expecting to see on Saturday? What are you hoping to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Zags 94-67

Comment

Zags - 85
      Lions - 61

Go Zags - Beat the Lions!!
      “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

Anyone else going to the game? I was late to getting tickets so on one of the side sections.

Comment

Going to assume it's the 3 amigos on the call again, will find out Friday. Ordinarily I would be at this game (I don't live all that far from Westchester), but with COVID and everything else, I think I will play it safe and watch on TV. Speaking of that, LMU is televising on their end (Bally Sports West, but might just be the KHQ feed) so the WCC website has that "out of market" warning again. That could mean geo-blocking for some of us, but I get Bally West on my cable lineup anyways.

Even though I don't do actual score predictions, I think we win by 20. Hopefully our fans completely take over Gersten Pavillion.
          The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

gu 96-67

Comment

Gu 86
              LMU 66
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

93- 65 Zags
                Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

92-77 Zags.

The Lions are above .500 and rated in the top third of all programs on Kenpom. The Zags are playing their first true road game of the season. This should be a lot more competitive than the last couple of games.
                  “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Hoping to see a game..... LMU is a lot better than their record...

Comment

Zags 84-68

Comment

Zags 85 - 63
                        Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

Here, Kitty-Kitty...

Tails in a Knot, a feline poem
                          <ahem>
                          Some kittens are frisky,
                          These kittens are cryin',
                          At gettin' their tails tied,
                          And, no, I ain't lion.

-------
                          Knotty -- 88
                          Knotted -- 67

:]
                          Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm hearing several of our players have covid and the LMU game will now be postponed. Nothing official, but this is what I'm hearing. (hope this is ok to post.)

Comment

Originally posted by GUDAD2020 View Post
                              Unfortunately, I'm hearing several of our players have covid and the LMU game will now be postponed. Nothing official, but this is what I'm hearing. (hope this is ok to post.)
                              i would imagine the decision has to be made today. Flying from Spokane to LAX is not a hop, skip, or jump. Plus, the weather. Snowing in Spokane, and the amount of rain we are getting here in LA is ridiculous. I realize they fly charter, but still, it's dicey.
                              The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X