Gonzaga needs to join the Big East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shizzle787 View Post
    So let's just say you guys decide to stay in the WCC. Does the conference stay at 9? Do you go get Denver for a 10th? I feel like a lot of these conversations are happening right and we should know in the next six months.
    My GUESS is Grand Canyon or seattle U
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
      Nah....it will likely be Villanova .....

Comment

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
        Nah....it will likely be Villanova .....
        At least I got a laugh tonight
        Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
          Seattle U is the one that fits the conference perfectly, if the WCC decides they bring enough to the table. I have a tough time seeing the WCC presidents wanting GCU.

Comment

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
            Seattle U is the one that fits the conference perfectly, if the WCC decides they bring enough to the table. I have a tough time seeing the WCC presidents wanting GCU.
            SU is a complete no brainer.... obvious choice .... they used to be in the old Conference.....huge media market......3 teams in the Northwest....it is so logical that it won't happen....... please don't tell me about their rpi or net or some other moment in time..... I remember when they played Kentucky for the National Championship.......plus the potential quality of their other sports.......from golf to rowing ... baseball .... soccer.....

Comment

Exactly what are their criteria regarding Basketball. And are they interested in Money? Because GU should be big bucks to them because of our National Coverage.

Comment

If the zags can play their WCC conference schedule over the course of the whole season rather than only the second half of the year, and coordinate some good games during Jan, Feb with Big East, Big 12, Pac 12 teams, etc that would be ideal.

No more Northern Alabama's. Just play a home game against Pepperdine and pay them the $50K to improve their program, rather than some other buy school.

Also, play away games at Oracle, Staples Center, Moda Center, Chase, SAP, etc. Rather than high school gyms.

Comment

What a wondrous mix of delusion and arrogance.

Comment

I think that the distance will be too great an obstacle to join the Big East.

My hope is that the PAC12 decides it’s in their best interests to invite Gonzaga as a basketball member. I know it will take major changes to their policy. But I’m old enough to remember when Gonzaga was a member as a baseball only school (1981-1995). So there is a precedent.

My worry is that the big schools are gaining power from the NCAA. I think the future may not be kind to small schools and small conferences.
                    I am confident the Gonzaga administration knows this more than any of us and they will act accordingly.
                    Birds aren’t real.

Comment

Originally posted by CB4 View Post
                      If the zags can play their WCC conference schedule over the course of the whole season rather than only the second half of the year, and coordinate some good games during Jan, Feb with Big East, Big 12, Pac 12 teams, etc that would be ideal.

No more Northern Alabama's. Just play a home game against Pepperdine and pay them the $50K to improve their program, rather than some other buy school.

Also, play away games at Oracle, Staples Center, Moda Center, Chase, SAP, etc. Rather than high school gyms.
                      Why give Pepperdine more money? They get at least $300K thanks to the Zags already.

Comment

Originally posted by CB4 View Post

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                        Why give Pepperdine more money? They get at least $300K thanks to the Zags already.
                        That was my thought as well. Or they could sell some of their Malibu property and build a REAL facility.
                        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Pepperdine could write a check for Gonzaga.......$300,000 is walking around money (WAM) for them

Those Universities have different priorities.... they are surrounded by Professional Teams and Power Five Teams plus the beaches and the weather..... build it and no one will come......

Comment

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                            That was my thought as well. Or they could sell some of their Malibu property and build a REAL facility.
                            You got me there gents

Comment

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                              USD built a terrific BB facility, hasn’t helped them much. Just one sellout a year. No pro teams in winter. Great beaches, though not the ‘Bu.

Comment

I just thought of this. Hawaii does something like this already. It’s a 5 hour or so flight to the mainland. They have been able to manage flying commercial ��

Comment

Working...
                                X