Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggs final 4 buzzer beater #1 play of the year

On sportscenter top 10 plays of the year

I saw that. Amazing when you consider it was his second best play of the game.
    Birds aren’t real.

Comment

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
      I saw that. Amazing when you consider it was his second best play of the game.
      I have a really and memory...what was the best play? Vaguely remember him having a block near the end of regulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Spink View Post
        I have a really and memory...what was the best play? Vaguely remember him having a block near the end of regulation.
        Block followed up by length of the court bounce pass if I recall

Comment

I have searched YouTube for a replay of the block and end to end pass, which was the most incredible play I've ever seen made by a GU player (It wasn't Bird stealing the ball and pass to DJ, so I can't say "of all time"), and I cannot find it. I've tried.

It is too bad that the final game was so disappointing, in part bc Baylor looked/played like an NBA team, in part bc our guys played till their guts hit the floor two nights before, because that UCLA semi-final might have been the best college basketball game in 25 years. I remember Bilas saying "Only Gonzaga could've beaten UCLA tonight" - that might still have been true, given UCLA's shooting, Baylor might've lost to UCLA.

And it was NOT a "lucky shot" as described by a bitter Cronin. Suggs was well past half-court, which took speed, he put up a long jump shot, not a "heave," and he got it on line, which is all one is trying to do from that distance. "Banks" don't matter, you get it on line.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

Suggs highlights from the entire game.
            Steal and pass to Timme is at 2:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycDc9O66Sk

Jalen was special.
            GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

Thank you very much.

Makes me miss him that much more.

Convinces me that one cannot win a national championship without a near perfect PG. NWG, Suggs, perhaps Nemby will get there.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by DZ View Post
                Thank you very much.

Makes me miss him that much more.

Convinces me that one cannot win a national championship without a near perfect PG. NWG, Suggs, perhaps Nemby will get there.
                Define near perfect PG…….Nembhard A to TO is better than Suggs and is only .2 less assists than NWG
                Nembhard three point shooting is only 1.7 percent less than Suggs (and we have not played WCC yet with much tougher OOC than last year) and 4.7% less than NWG…….which equates to 2 made baskets in first set of OOC games
                Nembhard steals is .1 less than Suggs and .1 more than NWG

Points are less but to be honest he is being asked to get the youngsters and bigs more shots than we have in the past

We are scoring more per game than we did with NWG at the helm but scoring less than last years by 6.5 points (but again we played tougher OOC than past years and yet to play WCC where we historically have had some big scoring games)

So I ask what is a near perfect PG?
                Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

Originally posted by IowaSERE View Post
                  Block followed up by length of the court bounce pass if I recall
                  Heard Suggs say in an interview that this was his favorite play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                    Define near perfect PG…….Nembhard A to TO is better than Suggs and is only .2 less assists than NWG
                    Nembhard three point shooting is only 1.7 percent less than Suggs (and we have not played WCC yet with much tougher OOC than last year) and 4.7% less than NWG…….which equates to 2 made baskets in first set of OOC games
                    Nembhard steals is .1 less than Suggs and .1 more than NWG

Points are less but to be honest he is being asked to get the youngsters and bigs more shots than we have in the past

We are scoring more per game than we did with NWG at the helm but scoring less than last years by 6.5 points (but again we played tougher OOC than past years and yet to play WCC where we historically have had some big scoring games)

So I ask what is a near perfect PG?
                    A near perfect pg cannot be defined with stats. It's attitude and leadership and an ability create offense out of sheer will. NWG at BYU, Suggs v. UCLA, and the fact that I say Nemby may get there was meant as a huge compliment since I don't think one even knows until deep into the tournament or after the season
                    Mark Twain.

Comment

I just Googled a "perfect point guard".... there was a picture of Suggs......one thing statistics can't tell you is the degree of difficulty..... IMHO he can make plays that very few others can under the most difficult circumstances....

Comment

Working...
                      X