Status of Nolan Hickman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of Nolan Hickman

Brenna Greene, KREM sports director, posted a link to Hickman's Instagram story earlier today.

Nolan wrote:

"this covid killin ya boy" followed by seven "sweating" emojis.

She also said that the entire GU team is vaccinated and Hickman is a very healthy young adult followed by "This really sucks."

Not certain if he is upset about the games being cancelled, or actually has COVID.

I was fully vaccinated and got it really bad for a day or two. Is definitely possible to get it bad even being vaccinated— however it’s supposedly not supposed to last as long. I can’t smell a month later so that stinks but otherwise was feeling great after a couple days

Comment

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
      I was fully vaccinated and got it really bad for a day or two. Is definitely possible to get it bad even being vaccinated— however it’s supposedly not supposed to last as long. I can’t smell a month later so that stinks but otherwise was feeling great after a couple days
      Question: Is this a common side-effect from the virus...one month seems like a pretty long time?

Comment

My wife had a fairly nasty case in Dec. of 20 (but not requiring hospitalization). It took her a few months to regain her sense of smell and for coffee to stop tasting like battery acid (her words). How do you know what battery acid tastes like, I asked her.

Comment

I've been using whole bean coffee and a hand grinder for a while now, but every once in a while I'll end up with some pre-ground coffee and it tastes like a 9V battery in comparison.

Comment

Status of Nolan Hickman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
            - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
              Question: Is this a common side-effect from the virus...one month seems like a pretty long time?
              I remember Rudy Gobert saying he still hadnt regained his sense of smell when he was in the NBA Playoffs bubble, 3-4 months after he was the original NBA covid case. I think up to a month is fairly common, although there are a good amount of 2+ month occurences.

Comment

My smell never returned like it was—can definitely smell things but not as strong. 13 months ago now. Omicron doesn’t appear to have taste and smell as a common side effect but I knew I had COVID in December 2020 when it was a slight cold but no taste at all. Pretty weird. Never was a coffee drinker but used to love the smell of it—can’t stand it now.

Comment

I had COVID in November, never lost smell or taste, but I did lose my addiction to Diet Coke.

Comment

Originally posted by Mvzags View Post
                    I had COVID in November, never lost smell or taste, but I did lose my addiction to Diet Coke.
                    Huge positive. Gave up carbonated soft drinks about 7 years ago for lent and pretty much haven't looked back.
                    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                      Huge positive. Gave up carbonated soft drinks about 7 years ago for lent and pretty much haven't looked back.
                      Good thing you specified soft drinks there, Braumeister.
                      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Status?

So...Nolan?

:[
                        Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

Giving up orange juice after a kidney stone was my no brainer
                          Krozman
                          GU student 1996-2000
                          Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

Working...
                          X