• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K2 changes for tomorrow's Pepperdine game

I like it. A lot.

https://twitter.com/BrennaGreene_/st...202246661?s=20

Tweet

@BrennaGreene_

Gonzaga announces it is temporarily suspending concessions at sporting events to promote mask wearing.

4:57 PM · Jan 6, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
    sigpic
    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Whatever we can do to keep the games open to spectator's I support it.
    Originally posted by Reborn
    Go Zags!!!
    Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
      Whatever we can do to keep the games open to spectator's I support it.
      +1

Comment

I have no issue with this even though I doubt it really changes much in regards to mask wearing at the Kennel. My guess is that it will still be loosely enforced during game play.

Comment

This is frankly kind of background noise. The real story is that it looks like we are going to play!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
            I have no issue with this even though I doubt it really changes much in regards to mask wearing at the Kennel. My guess is that it will still be loosely enforced during game play.
            Agreed, though my pipe dream hope would be people would do it for no other reason then so we could continue to have crowds at the game. Watched the end of an NHL game the other day played in an empty stadium. Just awful environment for sports. Hoping we don't have to go back to that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
              Also probably true, but people will no longer be able to pretend that they are eating for 2 hours straight with no food in their hands.

Comment

What kind of masks are they requiring?

Comment

Masking in the K2 is an absolute joke. Apparently it is too much to ask adults to act like adults and put on a cloth mask and keep it on. Children do way better. I watched about 6 couples sitting in the student section at the last home game - not a mask in sight. They didn’t make any attempt at putting one on, except apparently to get through the door. Most of them were 3-4 rows up from the floor. Come on - you’re supposed to be adults but I learned long ago in the Army not everyone will act responsibly irrespective of age. So instead of ejecting the scofflaws after 1 warning, the University institutes a new, meaningless rule. Pretty typical response.

Comment

Originally posted by AirborneJag View Post
                    Masking in the K2 is an absolute joke. Apparently it is too much to ask adults to act like adults and put on a cloth mask and keep it on. Children do way better. I watched about 6 couples sitting in the student section at the last home game - not a mask in sight. They didn’t make any attempt at putting one on, except apparently to get through the door. Most of them were 3-4 rows up from the floor. Come on - you’re supposed to be adults but I learned long ago in the Army not everyone will act responsibly irrespective of age. So instead of ejecting the scofflaws after 1 warning, the University institutes a new, meaningless rule. Pretty typical response.
                    Have you watched any games at other venues?
                    "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Comment

whatever it takes to let the game go on, i am for it

Comment

Working...
                      X