Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Why don’t you lighten up. Happy you found the game entertaining
    How has Mark Few muddled his way to being the winningest coach (percentage wise) in D1 hoops.

Clearly he is a mere shell of what he “could” be if only he had the coaching chops of a certain curmudgeonly Boardmember.
    sigpic
    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
      How has Mark Few muddled his way to being the winningest coach (percentage wise) in D1 hoops.

Clearly he is a mere shell of what he “could” be if only he had the coaching chops of a certain curmudgeonly Boardmember.
      Et tu, GZ?

Comment

An embarrassing mismatch, I don't see how anyone can have any takeaways -- positive or negative --.
        Then proceeds to complain about playing starters too much and not his favorite player. You sound like a parent at a 6th grade AAU game mad that his kid is not playing enough.

Comment

Originally posted by vandalzag View Post
          Then proceeds to complain about playing starters too much and not his favorite player. You sound like a parent at a 6th grade AAU game mad that his kid is not playing enough.
          Excellent characterization.

Comment

Here are my thoughts from yesterday. I want to provide some constructive comments to reflect the quality of opponent:

1. First I am happy for the win and scoring 117 points and the great passing.
            2. Watson had a fantastic game and loved how he attacked the basket. He has learned how to play against active blockers. I am just noting that he used to get swatted when he was a foot from the basket either trying to dunk or lay it in. He is using his creativity and avoiding those blocks.
            3. Timme - I would like him to make both of his free throws. That hurt them in the Alabama game. Also, he made an ill advised pass in traffic which was intercepted and resulted in a dunk. Against more physical and athletic teams this could be problematic. Timme did have some great passes. Just looking for more consistency.
            4. Hickman - There was a period in the second half where the offense went stagnant when he was on point with Nembhard out of the game. I want to see him be more decisive in keeping up the offensive continuity and making good decisions.
            5. Gregg- even though I liked seeing his offensive moves he needs to work on his defense. When he first came into the game in the second half he gave away a few easy buckets in the paint.
            6. Bolton and Strawther and Nembhard - overall happy with their play and no additional comments.
            7. Holmgren - He hit the floor a lot so hopefully he can handle the wear and tear the rest of the season. I liked his productivity in the paint. Just wished he connected on one of his threes.
            8. Second unit defense let Pepperdine score too many points. Would like to hold Pepperdine to under 65 for the game.
            9. Would like Gonzaga to play a full 40 minute game. Gonzaga should have beaten them by sixty if they did this.
            10. Looking forward to BYU and what the team will do. #stay healthy

Thanks.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
              Kaden was unavailable

Do enlighten us how many more minutes you would have given Gregg…couple minutes first half and 8 minutes second half……taken into account we had not played for 2 weeks and have huge game coming up in 4 days

Play timme less than the 20 minutes he played
              Play Holmgren less than the 21 minutes he played
              Play Watson less than the 25 minutes he played
              Played 4 minutes with only single big on court

Those are the choices please enlighten us how you would have handled the distribution of the available 80 minutes of two bigs on court at time
              Hoop makes an excellent point here jazz, telling him to lighten up is a weak retort. Your posts don’t bother me as much as they do others but continually critiquing every decision Few makes does get old.

I initially wondered why Gregg didn’t see the court as soon as both Timme and Holmgren had 2 fouls in the first half. Needing to get them game minutes for conditioning after a long break seems pretty smart to me though in retrospect. I also wonder if learning how to play w 2 fouls and not pick up a 3rd in the first half was part of Few’s logic. Need that experience if same scenario happens in a tourney game.
              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

The team's first couple minutes were an onslaught. Also, since we were so far ahead late, Arlauskas saw some playing time with a better cast of teammates, and in that more-structured/talented context, played well.

Pepperdine's freshmen (Mallette, Mitchell, and Lewis) looked really good for newbies. If they all stay put, next year Pepperdine might be one of the WCC's upper division teams again. Hope so, I really like the Waves, and am hoping that this year's conference success/high metrics will carry over to next year and beyond.
                (This fan really wants the WCC to put four teams into this year's Dance, then maybe have three teams per Dance the norm!)

:]
                Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

This place can get so weird at times.

Comment

I like the development of Hunter Sallis.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Asking a question to your assertion for clarity and you come back telling me to lighten up….does that mean you don’t have a recommendation to your complaint? (As usual IMO)
                      Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

Originally posted by White lightning View Post
                        I like the development of Hunter Sallis.

I do too but still forcing issues at poor times but that will smooth out or he will sit….his defense, rebounding is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                          Hoop makes an excellent point here jazz, telling him to lighten up is a weak retort. Your posts don’t bother me as much as they do others but continually critiquing every decision Few makes does get old.

I initially wondered why Gregg didn’t see the court as soon as both Timme and Holmgren had 2 fouls in the first half. Needing to get them game minutes for conditioning after a long break seems pretty smart to me though in retrospect. I also wonder if learning how to play w 2 fouls and not pick up a 3rd in the first half was part of Few’s logic. Need that experience if same scenario happens in a tourney game.
                          Gregg was in last 2 minutes of first half after Timme sent back in to play with 2 and then was time to let Gregg in with (almost all )starters

Comment

Sallis played well in the paint and on defense. I forgot to mention him earlier. He just can’t hit a three pointer which is important for keeping teams honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                              I do too but still forcing issues at poor times but that will smooth out or he will sit….his defense, rebounding is awesome
                              He makes great cuts and had a couple great finishes with A and 1. They missed him a couple more times and it was obvious they were working on this when off. I don't think his game should be shooting threes. He's a great offensive rebounder put back guy and really presses on defense well. His 3 ball will come. His true hustle wins with me.

Comment

Jazz, seriously how can you of all people say lighten up ? You constantly start fights, are dismissive, your opinions are expressed like a wrecking ball. You are clearly intelligent and have a high level of linguistic skill, but you use it so often as weapon. I’m sorry I’m being so blunt, but you’re a really smart guy, can’t you see how often you hijack a thread ? It’s fine to be contrary, but does it have to be so “take no prisoners” in approach? I really don’t intend this as a personal attack, but more as a plea to that you might see how you come across and how disruptive it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X