GU vs BYU - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GU vs BYU - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Next up... BYU. The Cougars have won 4 of their last 5... including a game against St Mary's which may lead to someone questioning whether that was really basketball being played. Barcello is a handful for just about everyone... Will he lead the Cougs to another heartbreaking victory in the Kennel or will the Zags let them know who is still king of the hill?

What are you hoping to see on Thursday? Expecting to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

byu 71
    zags 83

Comment

Zags 85-70

Comment

90-65 Dogs over cats
        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Zags roll, 84-69
          Timme w/ 22
          Chet 3/3 from 3

Comment

Zags: 87
            Cougars: 72
            GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

Stopping Barcello is key to containing BYU...I think if he struggles with the type "D" our guards put on him then it will be a blow-out at the half

GU 89
              BYU 65

Comment

Zags 97-73

Comment

82-76 for the good guys (ie Zags win)
                  sigpic
                  “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                  ——-
                  List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                  Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if BYU keeps it within 10. It's no secret that we buckle under physicality, and BYU can bring physicality. I think a lot will be determine by how the game is called. If it's called tight, we blow them out. If refs are letting them bump around, BYU stays within a respectable score.
                    Originally posted by Reborn
                    Go Zags!!!
                    Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised if BYU keeps it within 10. It's no secret that we buckle under physicality, and BYU can bring physicality. I think a lot will be determine by how the game is called. If it's called tight, we blow them out. If refs are letting them bump around, BYU stays within a respectable score.
                      You know better than anyone that it's not the bumping around, it's the hard slap on the forearm or the elbow in the back that makes the game so frustrating. I've been lucky - not my seats - but seen lots of games from 12 rows up, never seen a team like BYU. Never.

Regardless, Zags 85, BYU 72

It would be fantastic if they played the game and Woohoo didn't have to draw the final score in my favor.
                      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                      Mark Twain.

Comment

Not going to be easy, but Zags will win.
                        82-70 Zags
                        Nolan and Hunter are ok to contribute.
                        Allow Kaden Perry to play significant/meaningful minutes.
                        Go Zags!

Comment

Originally posted by DZ View Post
                          You know better than anyone that it's not the bumping around, it's the hard slap on the forearm or the elbow in the back that makes the game so frustrating. I've been lucky - not my seats - but seen lots of games from 12 rows up, never seen a team like BYU. Never.

Regardless, Zags 85, BYU 72

It would be fantastic if they played the game and Woohoo didn't have to draw the final score in my favor.
                          I was being diplomatic, but yes, it always feels like a game that BYU brings vitriol to.
                          Last edited by zagdontzig; 01-10-2022, 12:12 PM.
                          Originally posted by Reborn
                          Go Zags!!!
                          Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
                            One thing that surprised me this week as I watched them against SMC is their lack of offensive punch. They can get into trouble really quick if they can't score. I think if GU uses the care that they would against the likes of Baylor or Texas Tech and gets an inside out game going, BYU gets into trouble trying to play catch up fast.
                            'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                            - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

The biggest question for me will be which BYU player will get on my nerves this year? I have a sneaky feeling it will be Lohner, but it doesn't look like he's been doing much so far this year - so it will probably be a breakout game for him. Also, I'm thinking this will be a relatively high-scoring game after Pepperdine, which means neither team will probably break 70.

Zags - 90
                              University of Brigham Young - 76
                              My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Comment

Working...
                              X