No announcement yet.

Other Games: TUE - 01. 11. 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auburn just got put on probation, why should they be number 1 ? Schools that are on probation shouldn't be rated at all. The Zags beat the team, that just beat Baylor, rather easily. Zags should be number 1 as long as they take care of business this week as they should.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
      Auburn just got put on probation, why should they be number 1 ? Schools that are on probation shouldn't be rated at all. The Zags beat the team, that just beat Baylor, rather easily. Zags should be number 1 as long as they take care of business this week as they should.
      I mean, not really how this works. Auburn will lose a conference game soon enough. Good to see it working out for Walker Kessler, though. Didn’t have enough PT for him here unfortunately and we were up front about that the entire time.

Comment

Glad these "Other Games" threads are getting some engagement. . .College hoops are the bomb.
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
          9-4 Stanford over 13-1 USC, by 75-69 in a nearly empty arena. If a tree falls on a Trojan in the woods and nobody is around, does it make a sound?

Reminder, Santa Clara beat Stanford by 16.
          santa clara might only have maybe 2 losses with a full healthy lineup and be mentioned along with the current wcc top 4...
          tcu in the big 12 is 10-2 with a win over 14-2 texas a&m...only two losses are to santa clara 85-66 and baylor 76-64.
          i think scu is better than smc this year...also think zags will beat byu by more than they beat scu (next two games).

Comment

Originally posted by gonstu View Post
            Well, ZAGS get back to #1 with a couple wins this week.
            Kinda mixed feelings about this...Baylor did lose at HOME to the 19th ranked Red Raiders so one could say that loss was more critical for the Bears then our two losses on Neutral Courts...

I could see the voters moving GU up to the top spot and Baylor to #2 and Auburn to #3. That is if GU wins both their games against BYU & SCU. Playing SCU on the road will also be a tester...

However, we all know these Polls are meaningless except to fans...Baylor is still ranked #1 by Kenpom followed by GU

Comment

A surprise treat on my DVR this morning: ESPN's College Basketball Live was recorded last night and it went great with my morning coffee. Hosts were Devin Culp and Sean Farnham; 30 minutes of game recaps and discussion about college hoops. I like both these guys especially Farnham...he was hilarious...broke out some Kobra Kai references and Karate Kid quotes. Roy Williams was in attendance at the Kansas game...they sure gave him a great game to watch.

With so many games and so little time, I highly recommend you set your DVR type device if you got 'em to record all the new episodes.

There are so many good games in college hoops this season. Auburn is legit...I wonder how Zags will do vs some of these speedy, small, quick PGs like Auburn has. Who is Zags' lockdown perimeter D guy vs elite quickness? Akinjo for Baylor another guy..more crafty than quick maybe but same results...layups, open shots, easy dimes to open shooters.
              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Auburn has only 1 win against a ranked team and that was last night. They’re good, but I don’t think we know how good yet.

Comment

Parrish has Auburn number 1 and Gonzaga still at 4 in his top 25 and 1 rankings. He moves Baylor to 2 and keeps UCLA at 3.

LINK
                  Bring back the OCC

Comment

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                    Auburn is legit...I wonder how Zags will do vs some of these speedy, small, quick PGs like Auburn has. Who is Zags' lockdown perimeter D guy vs elite quickness? Akinjo for Baylor another guy..more crafty than quick maybe but same results...layups, open shots, easy dimes to open shooters.
                    Need Hunter keep improving, picking pockets while staying out of trouble.

Comment

I feel pretty good about us beating Auburn if we have to. Watch both teams a lot. Jabari is the truth, though.

Comment

The War Eagles coach is an all-time mutt. Otherwise, hats off to the players.

Comment

Working...
                        X