Perry and Harris update from Coach Few

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perry and Harris update from Coach Few

For those of you who don't subscribe to or check the Spokesman-Reviews website there is an update on the status of Kaden Perry and Dominick Harris in today's edition:

Here: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...ack-dominick-/

About what we should expect. If Perry can get it straightened out, he will be a fun beast next year. Still will have no knock the new off of him and get him to play within the game, but I can see where Few says he's not like any other current player.

I doubt we'll see harris play this year unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
      About what we should expect. If Perry can get it straightened out, he will be a fun beast next year. Still will have no knock the new off of him and get him to play within the game, but I can see where Few says he's not like any other current player.

I doubt we'll see harris play this year unfortunately.
      As much as it sucks, both of them need to rest until completely healed. Otherwise they will only be periodic contributors playing at a fraction of their real abilities.
      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

I worry about Perry and his back for both this year but more importantly in future years. This year he is not needed so his status isn't missed too much. But starting next year, when we lose Chet and if/when we lose Timme, he will asked to play a bigger role and I am concerned that his back spasms become chronic and he won't be able to be counted on for 35+ games. I am not an MD but everything I have read and heard about back spasms is that they cannot be fixed with any type of procedure and they are chronic and always lingering beneath the surface. I wonder how much Perry's back issue will be taken into consideration by the staff when looking at ways to put together the team for next year.
        Love the Zags!!!

Comment

I doubt Dom will Red Shirt... he is so valuable to this team that I can see him coming back even if it's the end of conference just so we have him available in the tournament. His perimeter defense and three point shooting add something to this team that we may need for a Championship run. He's not a 4 year player so why bother with the Red Shirt. Play him if he's healthy enough to go.

Comment

I'm with you jsnider regarding Perry and his back in future years. As an old guy who has had his share of work related back problems over the years, I worry Perry as a young man, will be experiencing back issues for the remainder of his life. I hope for his sake, his issues don't become a chronic and debilitating issue for the remainder of his life, let alone his basketball years.

Comment

Originally posted by Zag_Dad View Post
              I doubt Dom will Red Shirt... he is so valuable to this team that I can see him coming back even if it's the end of conference just so we have him available in the tournament. His perimeter defense and three point shooting add something to this team that we may need for a Championship run. He's not a 4 year player so why bother with the Red Shirt. Play him if he's healthy enough to go.
              At this point he wouldn’t be that invaluable player this year being out of game shape and out of the flow of on the court time with the team, and that’s IF he was 100% healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
                At this point he wouldn’t be that invaluable player this year being out of game shape and out of the flow of on the court time with the team, and that’s IF he was 100% healthy.
                Agree. Should sit and come back 100% next year. Plenty of changes ahead. Dom is holding a full house, poor Kaden has deuces and maybe a joker at best.

Comment

Working...
                X