Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GU @ Pacific 1/20 Cancelled - replaced with USF at GU (edited title)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be all for Baylor - I think perhaps that early season matchup last season (had it happened) may have changed the trajectory of the championship game in a positive direction.

Comment

If we really are the anyone, anytime, anywhere team, then we shouldn’t say no to Baylor. If you have social media, start posting about it and let’s speak it into existence.
      Originally posted by Reborn
      Go Zags!!!
      Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
        If we really are the anyone, anytime, anywhere team, then we shouldn’t say no to Baylor. If you have social media, start posting about it and let’s speak it into existence.
        That credo not quite in force still. Ranking has its privileges.

Comment

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
          Neither here nor there but remembered an 8 point loss to Kentucky.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/223312250
          Ya. I was thinking 80-72 was an 8 point game and then typed 80-78. I remember that game and that it didn’t seem as close as the final score made it look.

ZZ

Comment

Looking through other postponed games around those dates (there aren't many yet.)
            Just Holy Cross and Lafayette, Providence and Seton Hall that I can see?

Comment

Originally posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
              Looking through other postponed games around those dates (there aren't many yet.)
              Just Holy Cross and Lafayette, Providence and Seton Hall that I can see?
              Maybe we can do something with Seton Hall as a warm up for moving to the Big East
              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Let’s get real: the Zags could use a good opponent, and will get a game if they want it. They bring to the table a national ranking and marketability, a fairly broad window of availability, choices of venues when they host, access to a plane when then they travel. Certainly, not every ranked team will be available and interested. But failure to find a match will not reflect well on the sincerity of their interest unless every team in the US turns them in down.

Go Zags! Find a good opponent and follow-up game for next year. Play hard and hold your heads up win or lose. You’ll be responding positively to the rotten hand dealt to college basketball. Bravo!
                Last edited by TravelinZag; 01-15-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
                  Maybe we can do something with Seton Hall as a warm up for moving to the Big East
                  I see what you did there. . .well-played, kitz
                  The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

I am all for Baylor. The best teams are not afraid to play each other. Plus Gonzaga needs another chance at a physical team to make up losing to Alabama. If we end up losing so be it. Our offense is on fire right now and it probably doesn’t matter who we play, that type of efficiency will crush any team. Anyways, just looking for any top team to play. How about Arizona I know it won’t happen but they are close to Gonzaga at this point in time and worth a shot if the stars align.

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan1 View Post
                      Gonzaga needs another chance at a physical team to make up losing to Alabama. If we end up losing so be it. Our offense is on fire right now and it probably doesn’t matter who we play, that type of efficiency will crush any team. Anyways, just looking for any top team to play. How about Arizona I know it won’t happen but they are close to Gonzaga at this point in time and worth a shot if the stars align.
                      As Michael Avenatti once said, "and Duke."

Originally posted by zagfan1 View Post
                      How about Arizona I know it won’t happen but they are close to Gonzaga at this point in time and worth a shot if the stars align.
                      Arizona would smoke us. They play our offense, except more disciplined and consistent, and they're more physical at every position. I don't think the country realizes how tuned Lloyd has that machine.
                      Originally posted by Reborn
                      Go Zags!!!
                      Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

As Michael Avenatti once said, "and Duke."

Arizona would smoke us. They play our offense, except more disciplined and consistent, and they're more physical at every position. I don't think the country realizes how tuned Lloyd has that machine.
                        You really think that? Seem a bit hyperbolic to me.
                        Birds aren’t real.

Comment

Just looking at Baylor’s schedule should stop any talk of playing them. Where would they fit us in, they’re longest gap is a 4 day stretch between 2 conference road games.

Comment

They wouldn't be ranked 14th in adjust offensive efficiency if their offense was more consistent than ours. I've watched plenty of Arizona this year and while they are quite strong, they've got plenty of warts, too.

If GU and Arizona played 100 times, Arizona would certainly win a bunch but my money is on less than 50. The notion they'd smoke us is a bit much.

Comment

Ecco commissioner at half said 90% of games have been rescheduled, yet we still have 4 games to reschedule. What gives.

Comment

That should have been west coast conference commissioner

Comment

Working...
                                X