Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GU @ Pacific 1/20 Cancelled - replaced with USF at GU (edited title)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
    You really think that? Seem a bit hyperbolic to me.
    Fair, but I still think we would get beat by double digits on a neutral court.

Originally posted by OntZags View Post
    They wouldn't be ranked 14th in adjust offensive efficiency if their offense was more consistent than ours. I've watched plenty of Arizona this year and while they are quite strong, they've got plenty of warts, too.

If GU and Arizona played 100 times, Arizona would certainly win a bunch but my money is on less than 50. The notion they'd smoke us is a bit much.
    I'm usually high on KenPom, but I think KenPom misses a lot of match up issues between us and Arizona. They are disciplined on both sides of the ball, and we aren't the greatest defensively, and I can't remember the last time we ran a half court set in back to back possessions. Our talent usually can justify a bit it, but not as well against a good defense.

I also watch Arizona, and their offense reminds me of us circa 2017. It's fast, deliberate, and reliable, and I kinda miss it.
    Originally posted by Reborn
    Go Zags!!!
    Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
      Fair, but I still think we would get beat by double digits on a neutral court.

I'm usually high on KenPom, but I think KenPom misses a lot of match up issues between us and Arizona. They are disciplined on both sides of the ball, and we aren't the greatest defensively, and I can't remember the last time we ran a half court set in back to back possessions. Our talent usually can justify a bit it, but not as well against a good defense.

I also watch Arizona, and their offense reminds me of us circa 2017. It's fast, deliberate, and reliable, and I kinda miss it.
      Meanwhile we are the only team in last 25 years to put up 60 inj half for three consecutive games and have scored 100 plus in three consecutive games first time for zags…don’t think Arizona is doing that
      Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

Arizona is quite good but they’re not us.

Comment

We would whoop Arizona, they are overrated this year.

Comment

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
            As Michael Avenatti once said, "and Duke."

Arizona would smoke us. They play our offense, except more disciplined and consistent, and they're more physical at every position. I don't think the country realizes how tuned Lloyd has that machine.
            Now that’s funny! They would smoke us? I would take that bet all day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mvzags View Post
              Ecco commissioner at half said 90% of games have been rescheduled, yet we still have 4 games to reschedule. What gives.
              Could be a case where Gonzaga is fine not playing the bottom teams anyway. San Francisco needs to be rescheduled though.

Comment

Originally posted by HenneZag View Post
                I want Kentucky. The only program we haven't beaten...I think. Won't happen though.
                You can forget that. There is no way Calipari would play the Zags, unless forced to in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
                  You can forget that. There is no way Calipari would play the Zags, unless forced to in the tournament.
                  Earlier this week, Calipari said he and Few had talked about playing if the COVID roulette wheel dealt both programs an extended dry spell between games. Calipari and Few are buddies. Can't rule it out
                  The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                    Earlier this week, Calipari said he and Few had talked about playing if the COVID roulette wheel dealt both programs an extended dry spell between games. Calipari and Few are buddies. Can't rule it out
                    Calipari talks about a lot of things, but very few ot them ever materialize.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
                      The exact opposite has already been discussed by the programs. You seem to have an issue with Cal, which is fine, but you can’t deny the reality that they have talked about it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KStyles View Post
                          Zags vs USF this Thursday!
                          Great to get this game in. Golden will have his team ready to play well.
                          Stay sharp Zags!
                          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Golden, recruit some "athletic" Bigs

Originally posted by KStyles View Post
                            Dons stink away a good win. Now, as a consolation prize, they travel north to be vaporized by the Zags. Hope Golden's boys win at Provo.

:[
                            Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

Also, schedule change for Dons ... On Thursday, they will play at
                              @ZagMBB
                              instead of at Portland. #WCChoops
                              Never a doubt in my mind we would play on Thurs, let's just hope they can fill the Kennel on such short notice. Leavey Center yesterday was like a ghost town, even Roxy commented on the lack of energy there. Hope we get a Sat game as well, just not Baylor. I think they are tired of losing and would now be afraid to play us.
                              The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

College basketball fans wanna see Kentucky vs Gonzaga. Few thinks so and I think so too. Hope he and his friend Calipari can make it happen.
                                Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Working...
                                X