Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GU @ Pacific 1/20 Cancelled - replaced with USF at GU (edited title)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    College basketball fans wanna see Kentucky vs Gonzaga. Few thinks so and I think so too. Hope he and his friend Calipari can make it happen.
    Look at Kentucky’s schedule
    19th at Texas A&M
    22nd at Auburn
    25th vs Mississippi St
    Where is Gonzaga supposed to fit in there?

Comment

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
      Never a doubt in my mind we would play on Thurs, let's just hope they can fill the Kennel on such short notice. Leavey Center yesterday was like a ghost town, even Roxy commented on the lack of energy there. Hope we get a Sat game as well, just not Baylor. I think they are tired of losing and would now be afraid to play us.
      I believe that the state of California is only allowing a max of 25% capacity at venues was the reason why there was hardly anyone in the stands.

Comment

girls play this coming Thursday at 6pm....on the 20th......at McCarthy

Comment

Originally posted by sylean View Post
          How great would it be to play the mens game in the original Kennel!

Comment

Originally posted by ZagNut08 View Post
            How great would it be to play the mens game in the original Kennel!
            How about a double header in K2?

ZZ

Comment

I think we can all agree Golden has done a great job with the USF program. It’s a talented team.
              Glad they were able to make this game happen. Zags are playing well led by a great point guard.

Leavey was a ghost town because that’s Santa Clara not allowing fans to attend. The place would have been very well attended (maybe not full) had they allowed the number 2 - now possibly number 1 ranked team in the nation to be seen live by fans. But not SCU. However, I know 3 recent GU alums who snuck in with the help of a SCU alum :-).

Hoping Zags notch another 100pt game against USF…. Go Zags!

Comment

The game has hit our official schedule page -- 8 pm -- CBS Sports Network (that's 8 pm local time). Thankful that we have a game, not happy about these late starts. Once again, I have to miss Tommy's boys unless I hit the DVR (they play at 8 as well).
                The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

Dons were originally scheduled to play @Portland on Thursday 1/20. Appears the WCC de-prioritized that game and cancelled it in favor of sending USF to the Kennel instead.

ZZ

Comment

I saw (can't remember where) that the conference priority will be to ensure the top 5 programs play each other twice.
                    GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

Here’s the WCC presser announcing GU/USF along with the other changes. Our game is going to be nationally televised on CBSsports network!

https://wccsports.com/news/2022/1/16...or-week-3.aspx

ZZ

Comment

Thanks for sharing that link, zagzilla. That's a pretty good TV double-header for CBSSN

6pm: SCU - SMC
                        8pm: GU - USF
                        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Originally posted by sylean View Post
                          Girls game now listed as a 4pm start on Gozags.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                            Meanwhile we are the only team in last 25 years to put up 60 inj half for three consecutive games and have scored 100 plus in three consecutive games first time for zags…don’t think Arizona is doing that
                            I'm not disputing that we have a potent offense. I'm arguing Arizona is a more disciplined team on both sides of the ball. That's a scary prospect, as for all the claims that Lloyd inherited a stacked roster, the facts show key pieces transferred out, and Lloyd transferred in some nice pieces. It will be scary to see what Arizona does after Lloyd can put together his own recruiting class. I don't think we're king of the west anymore, or at least we'll be sharing the label.

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                            Now that’s funny! They would smoke us? I would take that bet all day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            I never bet against my Zags, but, if you haven't already, you should watch a few Arizona games. It's inspiring, a shot of nostalgia watching our offense from four years ago, and terrifying all at the same time.
                            Originally posted by Reborn
                            Go Zags!!!
                            Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
                              I'm not disputing that we have a potent offense. I'm arguing Arizona is a more disciplined team on both sides of the ball. That's a scary prospect, as for all the claims that Lloyd inherited a stacked roster, the facts show key pieces transferred out, and Lloyd transferred in some nice pieces. It will be scary to see what Arizona does after Lloyd can put together his own recruiting class. I don't think we're king of the west anymore, or at least we'll be sharing the label.

I never bet against my Zags, but, if you haven't already, you should watch a few Arizona games. It's inspiring, a shot of nostalgia watching our offense from four years ago, and terrifying all at the same time.
                              I have watched Arizona and I don’t dispute that they’re very good. What I dispute is the hyperbolic statement that they would “smoke us” in a game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
                                I'm arguing Arizona is a more disciplined team on both sides of the ball.
                                I'm not sure the word disciplined is the one I'd apply to Zona's offense. They did turn it over 21 times (giving up 18 steals) at home vs UW, in a game that was unexpectedly close most of the way. High flying, free wheeling, sure. Disciplined, um, no.

Comment

Working...
                                X